Trying to emulate Badland 2 (Sort Of)

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Corran, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

First order of operations. No matter how complex, is there a way to make a trigger that:

a): Follows the camera.
    b): Reacts to touch.

2. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

You are not able to make anything that reacts to touches at a specific location, you can only trigger something when the screen was touched, you can't get more specific about the touches.

One thing I have thought of though, that you could use if you were trying to make a clone that could move back and forth, is to make a level in two player mode, but where the clones were put together into one clone, and then you could get touches from "player 1 and player two", which would actually just be the two sides of the screen.

Having something follow the camera is pretty easy though

3. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

How would that enable the clone to move back and forth?

4. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

It wouldn't on its own, but you could make a system like this

You would create an artificial clone, and whenever you got a tap from 'player 1' (which would actually just be the left side of the screen), you would appy a backwards and upwards force to the clone, and when you got a tap from the other side, you would appy a fowards and upwards force to the clone, and then it would feel just like badland 2.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  5. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

@Corran Here is the example you asked for:
    IMG_0015.PNG

Sorry if it is not very clear in the picture. One touch is for player one, the other for player two, (or I guess it is actually 0 and 1, but whatever), and the two propulsions at the bottom just push the clone in a direction.

6. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don'the think this is really all that possible. Even if it was, it would be a VERY ugly replica.

Do we have any clue of an Android BL2 release date?

Remmoze likes this.
  7. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I don't think that we do, but I know that Frogmind does have a version of it working on android.

8. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Android version is work in progress for now.
    Will be launched in the next weeks if everything is ok ! :)

Corran likes this.
  9. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

that's what I thought of.