Unstable

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

UNSTABLE

BADLANDER DAY I: DAWN - UNSTABLE introduces those really annoyingly sticky black burs and those coupled with some fairly narrow passages, a number of obstacles to navigate your way through and a bunch of Powerups to mix things up, is the first level that is likely to instigate some gamer face palming action.

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Freaking finally! 21!

Replay on Everyplay if interested.

3. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

It's very good, even better than Vicvic91's as you avoided one fast powerup where he didn't. It's BTW possible to avoid the one directly following too, you've gone up, instead they can just roll down the swinging thing. I took both in my 21 run, the rest of it was by far not as clean as in your videos and if life were fair my run should not have been successful. ;-) It was more luck than skill as far as I remember.

It is also possible to avoid the fat powerup about 0:54, but so far I always lost one (only one!) clone doing that, and I don't think it's worth the effort. The gameplay changes then, and it seems to be easier to lose some at the windmills.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  4. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Yeah I had a hard time getting through the windmills if I avoided both the fast powerups there. Seemed like id be going too slow and one would always get squished or stuck. So I just avoided the bottom one.

5. Corran

Corran Well-Known Member

19! Yay!

Vicvic91 likes this.