Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Very nice ! As usual.

2. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

I know right? Should be in Extreme. :)

3. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

NEW NUCLEAR SPLASH REMAKE!

It's the terribly hard online lvl, turned into a minigame! An authentic experience that can only be offered by CUBEMAN, the awfully talkative penguin lvl creator!

Check it out at SPLASH #BL2! Link is coming soon, for all you link lovers. :mrgreen:

InterludeDude likes this.
  4. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

Very nice! I noticed you can't see the text at the bottom, you should fix that soon.

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL likes this.
  5. InterludeDude

After Cube's lovely totally hardcore minigame, I have made one myself: Refraction! Dodged a mirrored laser in vain and get really frustrated 'cause you haven't figured out the pattern.

6. Vavje

Yes ! Nice ! Hard !
    I confirm : the countdown is hidden at the top.

7. Vavje

Nice too... and frustrating. Record : 9 sec.

8. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

14 seconds easily! Check your skills bud.

Or maybe not so easily. Anyway, I'm trying to make it like the original Nuclear Splash, when you survive about 10 seconds it's super hard. I typically get 18 seconds on it.

9. Vavje

Hey there,

Just updated my “Read it !” level. Check out. Edit, then try to delete my signature.
    Found a simple way to hide the level maker credits on editor :
    https://badland.app.link/ji5rSdeWfx

I think most of us can find the trick easily, but also discouraging these nooby plagiarists"?

Kisses

10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I used this technique to hide my secrets in my levels too! @Baksbrown did the same thing to a better extent than me, which you did too! (Hiding the group icons)

Vavje likes this.
  11. Vavje

Thanks to you. I wonder why is it possible to copy and publish existing or official levels ? This is just unfair.

12. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

nice trick. Even I, as an awesome lvl creator, couldn't handle your genius, will try.

Vavje likes this.
  13. Baksbrown

Baksbrown Hypercloner Beta tester

You have a high opinion of yourself:mrgreen:

P.S. This is a joke, do not take seriously:)

14. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Actually, this technique dates way back to @Vicvic91. :) He used it in Odyssey.

Unfortunately, yes it is. I've seen one level copied in full, which was EVIL. Obviously, I downright rated the level 1 star. :mad:

Vicvic91, Baksbrown and Vavje like this.
  15. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Someone copied my famous KALEIDOSCOPE and named it easy lvl, turned it to night setting. They didn't even delete the name, not sure if it is a good thing or not. Anyway, it went into WHAT'S HOT(home for bad (and sometimes good) lvls that somehow manage to not end up in the P.O.F.(Pit of Forgetness)).

I was infuriated and decided to publish a lvl explaining my viewpoint on copying. It listed major copyers.

Lesson? Sometimes, life is not fair. :/

To solve this, we need some kind of rule on copying, whether it is a link back to the original(good idea!), or in the worst case, outright banning copying.

Vavje and Baksbrown like this.
  16. Vavje

I agree, except for banning. After all, in my opinion, ED is not a competition or a tournament.
    Two of mine was fully copyed. "Axes" ans "3rd type" (this one renamed "Kill", wow !). Several Voltiac level, and many many official levels was renamed too, and others. Suggestion : simply deleting the "keep a copy" purpose.

17. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

And if you want just to copy an offcial level and try to make it in a different version ? :)

Or if someone wants to copy a Badland 2 level in the editor ?

My levels are copied too.
    Sometime they just try to change the colors. Someone tried to extend them, or just add stupid things on it.

But finally I don't care and I'm happy of that. If they copied me, it's because in a way they are fan of my levels.

Your levels are awesome, and no matter if they try to copy you. You can be sure that it's always your version that will be on Frogmind's Choice/Eternal Day. ;)

You have a fan club, be proud of that :)
    And I'm the 1st one who copy you, each time I copy/tweak your levels to Eternal Day ;)

18. Vavje

Quod erat demonstrandum.
    End of struggles ?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  19. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

I would ban it only in a bad scenario, where nothing else works. Banning it outright seems a bit mean... much like my penguin teacher. (Keeps scolding me for no reason because I can't fly and my classmates can! :eek:)

InterludeDude likes this.
  20. InterludeDude

Want a level that's fairly easy to beat, but impossible to resist laughing at? Then SPIKED COFFEE is the level for you!