Smuggler

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Capture d’écran 2016-10-21 à 15.14.16.png

SMUGGLER

Missions
    Capture d’écran 2016-10-21 à 15.13.49.png

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet

InterludeDude and Vavje like this.
  2. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

this level is hands down the BEST level i've played in eternal day, imo; i love the design, art style used, animations, and sound effects....the missions are challenging as hell (especially getting past the first part, as it took me like 20 tries to finally get past it to the first checkpoint, but after that the level gets 'easier')...i have been able to beat in less than 3 tries, but getting 'all powerups' and 'saving 35+' clones is going to be hard as hell...unless there's some secret switch (i found a few to get more clones or get smaller) that turns off the lasers at the end i find it very difficult to save that many clones..my highest is 10 so far!

but amazing level to the creator!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Vavje likes this.
  3. Vicvic91

There is button to offline the final lasers ? I need to found it ! :o

4. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

I saved 30 in 3 tries. But I cheated : I played it hundreds times during its making. However, believe me, 40 is possible. One try too.
    @dubz131 Thanks for your comment ! Cause like anyone working hard on editor, I'm really proud of this level... and happy to be done whit it. :sweat:

dubz131 likes this.
  5. Vavje

I don't think so :neutral:

Vicvic91 likes this.
  6. Vicvic91

You can be proud @Vavje !
    I have the 1 try :)

Vavje likes this.
  7. Vavje

Oh my. Setting off laser is a good idea.
    I keep it in my mind.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  8. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i wish! or if there IS a button to turn off the lasers please someone come forth! i figured out the secret where you go through the cog wheel and you get a bunch of clone multipliers but the lasers end up killing most of them; so my highest total so far on 3rd try is 25 (just need 5 more! ahh!)

9. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

all the credit in the world, man...as much as i bitch and moan about some levels - i am aware how hard it is to make one and how much effort goes into making one, so i respect people that can do it (because i can't); and honestly, your level looks like it was done by a professional - someone working at frogmind. clearly lots of care and work went into making this level so, cheers!

Vavje likes this.
  10. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

wheres all the powerups? i though i honestly collected them all and the secret ones but i didn't get the achievement...also, at the very end i had 28 clones in the 'free zone' (i paused and checked), but when i finished the level it only gave me 23...does it subtract 5 or something?

anyone want to do a walkthrough...here i thought i at least would get the powerup one cause i worked my ass off making sure i got everything

11. Baksbrown

Baksbrown Hypercloner Beta tester

Too hard for me, casual player.:anguished: Looks interesting, but the first part is disappointing for its difficult:(

barnadvisor and dubz131 like this.
  12. Baksbrown

Baksbrown Hypercloner Beta tester

And, @Vicvic91, you made me nerf Self Destruct in the moment with a magnet for its difficulty. And at this level, none of the points has not been made easier.:pensive:

dubz131 likes this.
  13. Vicvic91

Powerups in the head of the bots too !
    And the secret ones at the end :)

14. Vicvic91

The 1st part is a speedrun with a lot of difficult, but nothing impossible.
    The 1try is possible no matter how many time you restart this 1st part.

In self destruct, the magnet at the end was frustrating because it could ruin your 1try 80% of the time :)

15. Vicvic91

Guys, here some tips for this 1st part :
    try to avoid some speed powerups and it will become better to learn how to avoid each traps :)

Btw here's my 1 try let's play, with 39 clones saved.
    Finger in the noïse :)

Vavje and InterludeDude like this.
  16. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

awww i never get the powerups in the bots heads!

17. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

gotta agree with you on difficulty tho - i'm not a casual gamer and i'm having lots of trouble consistently getting past the first part...there's a lot of luck involved due to the high speeds and being able to stay in front of the screen and having enough clones to smash/push through the black bars towards the end of the first part...i still can't get all powerups because the game goes so fast you can't tell if you've missed something i guess because i've played through a couple times now (and yes, i know where the secrets are); the powerups in the machine guys are cheap too, at least the second one is, because when i try to roll down and get it the powerup flys up through the screen..like huh?....and saving 30 clones? i dunno man, forget it...i mean, you can time it so you have enough (the secret at the end) and go through the lasers up and down, etc...but there's soo little space too many die and i know i'm right now, after you get to the 'free' space part something in the level subracts atleast 5 of your clones (either that machine that pops up or it just automatically does it), but that makes it even harder...you can tell how mad i was when i had on the NOSE 30 clones and i hit pause to check one more time after passing the 'free' part and my clone count dropped down to 26...now it's REALLY like huh?

there's never been a mission i couldn't beat...but this level might be it for me

edit: here's hoping playing on the ipad pro will make it easier for me (i find some levels are easier to play on the big screen over my itouch 6)

18. 4slann

4slann Member

I've beaten the level with one try and with 39 clones so far.
    But I don't get the Powerup achievement. I checked the whole first part in slowmotion and I got all of them. I also get the 2 Powerups in the head and the secrets. I don't know what I'm doing wrong?

But the Powerup in the second head is really hard to get it is really frustrating.

But I keep on trying maybe I can beat it tomorrow we will see

dubz131 and -Fireblade- like this.
  19. Vicvic91

In the final part, did you get the big powerup Aon the main way AND the secret ones ?

Check my let's play :
    . There is 2 way where you need to collect secret powerups.
    . Ok, I will tweak the level today :)

dubz131 and 4slann like this.
  20. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Powerup in the second head was a nasty one indeed, think I understand though how you get it (you have to be on 2 specific locations to release it, right @Vicvic91 ?).

Fun level, hard missions, great original ideas! One thing though that's starting to annoy me is that almost every level lately has a big kickass starting mechanism. Cool to see what people come up with but if you play a level a couple/numerous times to get missions done/improve on clonecount, they really start getting on my nerves. Enter a level and play straight away is always best ;)

I'm at 41 clones here btw, 45+ should be possible.

dubz131 likes this.