Surge

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

SURGE
    by @V⭕LTIAC

Missions
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    InterludeDude likes this.
  2. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

70? Ha! One clone saved by skipping the one checkpoint.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  3. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

What the fuck is this bullshit? Only ONE checkpoint??? I also saved ONE clone cause I had to skip to the end....I got to that stupid counter thing and died after that...why wouldn't there be a checkpoint after that??!! Seriously one of the worst, most frustrating levels I've played thus far..

PS. Again with a loooooong beginning? Jesus Christ...good luck on 1 try

Vicvic91 and InterludeDude like this.
  4. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

Mwah, there are a lot tougher levels in Eternal Day. This one wasn't the easiest one, true, and perhaps with trying to finish it for the first time there really looks to be missing a checkpoint. But once you finish this level there are no surprises left, and it gets pretty playable. Just to give you an idea, the total playtime from this one is around 50 seconds (minus that ridiculous long start that is, jeez about 14 seconds, really?). Once you finished this it will become a lot more easy afterwards, really :)

Was strange btw, first time I finished it I got 143 clones, after that I didn't get anywhere near that score for a while, didn't have a clue how I did that. But think I'm starting to get the hang of it, slowly upped my score to 151 clones. Still, it isn't much more than steering your clones in the right direction a bit, and hoping for the best. One round you'll end up with 100+ clones and the next with just 3. You're not fully in control here, half pushing the clones at the correct position and second half is luck here.

Fun level I must say :) Finally something in the likes of the speed-levels that Frogmind made, most attempts at these levels in Eternal Day had either very slow parts in it or were only partially fast. Missed it a bit.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  5. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

What, this level is so easy its boring. But the design of the level is very cool, i wish i knew how to do these things.
    Ok not that easy, but its boring... underwhelming level.

The only complain i have is that i saved 100 clones and have no idea how

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  6. Vicvic91

All the question is there : how to save more clones there ? :)

7. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

tougher levels my ass...because i've beaten all the missions in the other levels and 1 try...i can't even get past the 2nd part of this level...it goes too goddamn fast and you cant react quick enough without dying...zero checkpoints so you have to keep playing the same hard shit over and over (there's no reward for passing a part)...the levels extremely dark even with my brightness all the way up making it hard to see where i need to go next (in a fast level i need to see where i am going)...and i've literally restarted from the beginning over a 100x now.

i may try again, but if i can't even beat the level without skipping to the end then seriously fuck this...done

edit: maybe you guys are playing on an ipad or something, but ive been playing on my itouch 6 and the controls are stiff as fuck, i can't get my clone to move fast enough (the ipad moves MUCH faster; and when i say fast, i mean for the clone to move up/down so he doesn't die; the screen already goes fast enough which is part of the problem), but still, i've never had any issues with any other level playing on my itouch 6...i'll play on my ipad pro later but this level is fucking annoying.

8. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

umm ok??? so that's it? once you finally can push the stupid rock before the screen kills you, you go in with ONE clone and a stupid 'random machine' decides how many clones you get? i went in with one and got 17...that's just stupid

after finally beating this nonsense, I stand by what I said - this level is ridiculously too hard and just plain annoying...not fun at all

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  9. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

I guess... you're SURGING with frustration? Hahahaaahhaha
    Well I am too. Voltiac should just do their normal level style, this rush level is way too difficult. And the counter doesn't even work when it says 'GO!' But as for the reason for one beginning checkpoint, its 'cause you won't get the speed powerups at the beginning. I didn't actually reach the end, but that random cloner sounds really unnecessary. And if you do skip, it takes you to the end pipe with the flat wall, not the actual ending. Why not a checkpoint there?? No matter how skilled you are with the editor, a level can still fail if it isn't fun.

10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I have to agree with @dubz131 about the difficulty about this level, at first. I struggled particularly with the spinner powerups part since the saws seem to be positioned in a manner where you need to be quick in reacting to it (Retried that probably a hundred times! :eek:).

But once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite easy after you nail the technique. One try was quite easy after i finished all the missions on my Android phone and proceeded to try on my iPad (not without a couple of failure though, which probably took 10 minutes).

I agree with the superclone powerup generator at the end being a bit unnecessary and frustrating. It doesn't involve much real skill and is therefore frustrating. Other levels reward players with clones based on skill but this one doesn't.

But this level, imo, is way below the standard of Voltaic. The design is unoriginal. First part takes its design from @333mmcc's Aero Dynamic, the second part after this takes after Day 2 Night Quadratic (plus the design is very basic with 1 triangle piece attached to a pipe, very unlike Voltaic), the next part after the 2 saws where you must hit the ground to slow Clony takes after Daydream Bad Music, and let's just say that the other parts are generally unoriginal. And also the level is relatively blank, unlike most other good designers who also design speedruns, like Premonition, Steampunk, Scorched, Aurora & Clonegrind. Even if players don't get to see very much of the details due to the screen moving so fast, that doesn't mean one shouldn't put in the effort to make better designs!

11. Vicvic91

This level is an experience, like a new kind of rush level.
    The objective is clear, survive 100% on it. It's like those doomsday level in Geometry Dash or Mr. Jump : you can die everywhere by a trap, but progressively, try after try, you beat this level 100%.

I'm preparing a level with the same experience. And I'm sure you will love it :)

12. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

CLONEGRIND wasn't fully original! (gasp) I took most of its inspiration from Mr X's AURORA, especially with the triangles, and there wasn't even a background!! (GASP)

13. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

It's ok! :) Many good levels tend to take inspiration from other levels. Some of the best levels were inspired off works from previous authors. I didn't see an obvious copy for Clonegrind from Mr X's levels, so I think it's awesome! :)

But hey, the whole point is to make your level look great and play great. I didn't see that effort coming from Voltiac this time. Voltaic could had done more with his foreground and even background (it looks pretty untouched to me). If it were to come from a rising level creator I would highly praise this work, but I guess we all expect much more from Voltiac given the supreme quality of levels before this one. Maybe I'm being too demanding...:mrgreen:

InterludeDude likes this.
  14. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

I love Voltiac levels ! But these are the ED levels I can't pass through.

15. Vicvic91

Slaye is a level maker who try to craft levels from the Eternal Day ones.
    Not the best fan-levels, but with some cool ideas.

Try his version of Surge called COSMICAL :
    https://badland.app.link/WQ7DnDdsry