Opal

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Capture d’écran 2016-11-19 à 18.55.23.png

OPAL
    by Novaninja4

Missions
    Capture d’écran 2016-11-19 à 19.05.35.png

Clones Saved
    Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet

2. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

The level name and visual toner suggest an elegant, magestic theme, but the foreground heavily clashes with that. In a level called OPAL, I wouldn't expect scattered branches and gears, but those two things appear quite often. The foreground by itself is good, but it really doesn't match the clues we get from the name & thumbnail.

3. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Good level

Actually genius level

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  4. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Wow, great job on finding something bad on this well crafted level. Maybe it does lack some color to look like the Opal stone tone, but the traps and puzzles are brilliant and well done, just the kind of level i like from ED.

I think the Opal is jusy fine BTW

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    InterludeDude likes this.
  5. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

Well made level...but sigh, it's literally impossible for me to get that ONE mine...I must have tried over 100x and I just gave up....it seems like you would have to get the best kind of luck to have a bomb knock back one of your clones just far enough AND at the right spot to set off the mine......and the 5 tries I dunno if I dare try again...it's a pretty long levels and there's a couple REALLY hard parts like the spinning blade where you can't hit anything just to make it to the switch in time, and dome others that allude me but I know I had to keep restarting this one part like 10x to get past it....granted, I only played through the whole level 3 x but that's cuz it's so long....it is a very well made level so I can't knock it...the difficulty for 2 of the missions is just really really hard (atleast for non hardcore players).....but maybe I'll try again.

6. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

hey @4slann, little help with a walkthrough, brah? i can't figure out how to get that one mine where you need the blast to knock you back (unless there's a trick/easier way that i don't know of which i'm hoping there is)...and any other tricks you might have to make the 5 tries more reachable

7. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

4slann has only one mission so far, 190 missions total.

No hint for the mine, exploded it once or twice, instantly died, will wait for vids. But the beginning for the one try is far easier if you go slower and smaller. So skip the time powerup (very easy) and the first bigger powerup after that, easy too if you go in that part with one clone only. I come beyond the rolling saw and much farther in one try that way, but so far messed up the one try sooner or later. Both size and time advantage are lost after surviving the rolling saw, I don't care for size as one has to be normal size near the end at the magnetism thingy. But being slower would really help the rest of the way.

The only real obstacle is the last, the falling things, cause there seems not to be a logic which size and how fast they come.

Nice level anyway, as Chico said.

8. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Hint : when the laser is off, try to go down, the laser will destroy the rocks without killing you when it reactivates.
    Then wait the laser off again to cross the portal.

n0phun likes this.
  9. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I did the explode all mines mission but i admit it was luck, i wasn't even trying.... just tryong to One Try this level

So i guess if you don't care about the bombs at all you will end up exploding it.

The >>>>One try <<<< was hard BUT there is not much lucky factor in this level which makes it fun.

dubz131, n0phun and Vicvic91 like this.
  10. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Thanks. Saw it in Chico's vid, too, but in my tries it didn't work out. I just can't do it. Enough for today.
    And it could be possible to get more than one clone through.

11. 4slann

4slann Member

I have 2 missions now :)
    Don't have so much time to play right now.
    The 5 tries is easier you can do it when you skip the time powerup by the laser.
    But the mine I don't know i think you need luck
    Yep you need luck did it once now and die right after. Stupid mine I hate luck depended missions:mad:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    dubz131 likes this.
  12. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

take that, vivic! I've defeated the level! Muhahahaha

Vicvic91 likes this.
  13. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yea I finally got 5 tries, tho I didn't skip any power ups....I got lucky with the mine for show...go fig, I wasn't even trying to get it and I get it....DEF alllll luck

Vicvic91 likes this.
  14. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

Hmmmm nteresting, I always found going the top route to be easier (as I never die)...goes to show there can be multiple ways to beat certain levels....this was a very good one

15. 4slann

4slann Member

I did it too :mrgreen:

dubz131 likes this.