Vertical Limit

Discussion in 'SAVE THE MOST CLONES' started by Vicvic91, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

VERTICAL LIMIT

Missions
    image.jpeg

2. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

This is less of a bug, and more of a red eye sized tarantula. I was playing the level, when suddenly, a bunch of the foreground disappeared, and all my clones died! Something similar also happened to me in Age Mover on the rising platforms.

3. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

mauahahahaha, you'll NEVER pass me in the standings of multiplayer!!! i'm too far ahead and i just have to make sure i play every day! *you know who you are*

4. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

The ranking system seems a little broken...if he keeps getting the #1 spot/rank in all the challenges shouldn't his score shoot up? i mean, i do try to play every day and on 'average' score/rank in the top 20 for most challenges, but you would think he would have gained some ground on me. what's the deal?

i remember when i was tryingi to getin top 100 and i just played whenver a new level came out and scored as high as i could...i steadily climbed the rankings (probably cause most people ahead of me stopped playing?)...i dunno, i guess that's how the rankings go - as long as you play enough and keep scoring points it makes it hard for people to pass you despite them getting the top spot every challenge?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2016
    RocksInMyHead likes this.
  5. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead Elite Member

Yeah, I agree on the scoring thing. I started playing the Badland 2 online after I'd already completed all the offline solo levels many times over. So, many people had already racked up loads of points which made me have to work diligently for a long time to catch up with the top players. Straightorden must've been playing the online version for a really long time to be where he is, and he's keeping his 1st place by continuing to play, and to be fair he is very very good. Who were you talking about in your quote above? "if he keeps getting the #1 spot/rank in all the challenges shouldn't his score shoot up?"

6. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

He means me, and yes absolutely the score is based on a mix of being good and playing constantly, and the difference of points between places is very small. But i also think that most of the players on top totally deserve to be there.

And Straitorden is more than well deserved of the white-eyed insignia.

This system incentivates long term playing so it's a good thing.

7. RocksInMyHead

True, the long term players absolutely belong there. And of course Staitorden has top place not only because he has played so long, but because he's dang good. Heheh, I guess it's all well and good, it sure has made me a Badland 2 junkie.

8. RocksInMyHead

You know how the original Badland ranked players on the solo levels? I really liked that, it showed exactly how good the players were regardless of how long they'd been playing. I made it to the top spot for a couple days on that system. The online scoring for Badland 2 also has merit, just in a different way, it takes into consideration the amount players play.

9. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Hey some players like you don't need to be on top 10 because you are already a top 10 player. Like B16DAZ... he/she could as well be green yet we would know it anyway how good he is... and some others as well.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    RocksInMyHead likes this.
  10. Vicvic91

I'm wondering how we could "optimize" this online mode : what about a main leaderboard reseting each new week all the scores, and a global one to record all the best players since the beggining ?
    Do you think it could be funniest if you could be abble to compete for the 1st place each week ?

11. RocksInMyHead

Oh, I'm not complaining about the current system...just observing. But if a weekly top player board, like a rotating 7 day board would be interesting too. I would fall off it now and then because good weather takes me out hiking, but that's not a bad thing! :)

12. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Not complaining either, i think it's perfect the way it is, but it would be cool if there was a way to see each level best result of all time, without counting the cheated ones.

13. rekracing1

rekracing1 New Member

I agree with you all... it would be great to see upon opening a board, YOUR all-time best score, and the all-time best score in the world. That would give you TWO extra challenges, along with the current scores to beat. I would also love to have a "live" challenge, where you could battle whoever is currently online with you for extra points. With of course a message option, so you can exchange witty banter with your opponents as you play

InterludeDude likes this.
  14. Vicvic91

Cheater patch is coming with the next update, definitively.
    Unfortunally, the system doesn't record any of the ghost/score after the end of the timer.
    But maybe you could use the Googlesheet leaderboard to check and record all the best scores for each Online level ?

n0phun and OlofW like this.
  15. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I said that mostly because i don't remember some of my best results lmao

OlofW likes this.
  16. OlofW

OlofW Member

IMG_6582.PNG Totally agree. Would also love to see personal all time best for each level. But I guess that can only come once they're completely bug free. Or be reset when levels are patched. I think some players are more insentivised by current mode - it's exciting to be tied with and play ghosts of rank 1 players being a 170 yourself - while others have 0 chance in current system because their work/life simply doesn't allow for constant gaming. Maybe have parallel high score lists?

17. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

Although many have acheived the perfect score, it wasn't documented yet so made this video:

Vicvic91, primesgenato and n0phun like this.