Devices

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vavje, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

@V⭕LTIAC
    Devices is the second level I can't pass through. Delude too. Stop levels beginnig with D !!!
    However, the part with the "overdrunk" clone is soooo crazy.

2. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Yeah, @Vavje I have to agree with you there. The overdrunk clone part is a tad bit unfair if you ask me, just because of how difficult he is to conrol. I did manage to get past it but it took me probably 20 tries :mad:. I'm just glad that there's no "Survive in X Tries" Achievement! :)

3. Vavje

Yes. I just understand why ED levels are very good levels (exept Smuggler, hate it) : they are all frustrating, but you feel you MUST finish them and replay again. And again. And again. Well, I'm gonna try this one in one try. And this one too. Oh, this one ! I didn't play it for a long time. ´gonna trying clone record. Etc. Etc.

Edit : Addict

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Untitled.jpg
    DEVICES
    by @V⭕LTIAC

Missions

Untitled2.jpg
    Mission & Clone Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube or Everyplayand post your videos here! Post your awesome clone scores here!

Rexerus likes this.
  5. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Yes! I know how you feel. It's like I'll just get on for a quick try at a level and then I'll realize that I've been trying for a single acheivement for hours! And how can you hate Smuggler??? It's my favorite of your levels!

Vavje likes this.
  6. Vavje

Thanks for removing posts in this thread. Now, I can see missions. I can do it !

7. V⭕LTIAC

V⭕LTIAC Active Member

I'm told that you guys like my levels. But whenever I see a thread about my levels, it's mostly about how much you hate it.
    I'm not sure if you like my levels or not. But I will admit, the magnetic clone part is the hardest part in the whole level. It worked for me in level editor just fine! But now that it's in ED, even I suck at it!

8. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Don't worry Voltiac! We're probably all just raging at the difficulties of your levels. Check back tomorrow. I'm sure we'll like it then!

9. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

Check it out on my video.

Rexerus likes this.
  10. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

We hate losing when we have to play them ... ;-)

I like this level. In fact, the missions were a bit too easy after you told us where to find the secret buttons. What I hate* is the laser/magnetism part, it's just frustrating not to see any light and trying over and over. Good to read that you have difficulties there, too. <eg> Is there a logic to this part? Seems pretty random to me. Is it random or are there rules?

Was able to do the magnetism bastard in two tries a moment ago, while watching the replay before uploading my device shut off. I hate electricity, too... Still thinking that a one try of the level is possible.

* hate is used here, as by most of us (I think), as an expression of momentarily anger not to be able to play it right

11. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

We "hate" it because we are not used to it. The unique way you design your levels entails very unique challenges we have not seen before, so tackling and passing them is a challenge to us. But as with most harder BADLAND levels (especially the night levels), we tend to hate them until we find a more consistent solution to beat them. After finding the technique, we suddenly see the ingenuity of the obstacle. Of course, however, we still tend to dislike levels that have a random element way beyond our control.

But there's one thing that keeps us coming back for your levels more, which is not only the astounding visual design, but the increasing effort to introduce new mechanics to the game.

If there's anything else for me in particular to prove our love for your levels, just take a look at the screenshot for this Eternal Day thread. (pasted below again for your reference) I purposedly made the effort to capture and crop the image to perfection at the last part that clearly shows Device's best part (which is what i might call the outro): the beautifully crafted level title and the little ball with your name on it. All on the glory of my 4K resolution computer with the glorious HD graphics of the BADLAND GOTY edition. Just look at the amount of dedication i put in to make you such a splendid screenshot. :)

[​IMG]

12. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

Oh, that's awesome! Didn't get to see this because the lvl was so hard. That's why I hate it. Because I suck at it. But at the same time I like it. Because it's so good.

13. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

We have a love-hate relationship with your levels! We love the creative flair you make better and better with each upload. We hate how we're often stuck at a certain part so we can't experience it all! If we're nitpicking any flaws in your levels, it's because our standards are so high for you :)

14. V⭕LTIAC

V⭕LTIAC Active Member

Honestly, I'm not intentionally making my levels "unfair" or "random". I just want to give you guys a challenge, but it's not supposed to be freakishly impossible. If my levels were too easy, then you would get bored of them. So I add in a bit of difficulty. But I guess I add too much difficulty, sorry. The thing is, I want my levels to be challenging and fun at the same time. However, according to some comments, my levels are challenging and annoying instead. I'm not trying to make it that way though. Maybe what I think is hard and what you guys think is hard could be two different things. I'm really trying not to make you rage over my levels. But it always seems to end up that way.

15. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

It's all the challenge of a level's creator : you need to think to all the kind of players. The casual ones, 90% of the players who can't finish too hard levels. And the 10% other ones, hardcore gamers, that need to be challenged a lot.
    In Devices, the real challenge is to found the 3 buttons, and that's very fun for the players who wants try to save much more clones.
    You should try a level with 2 way to play it in the same level : a casual way for the newbie players, and deeper inside more puzzles to discover, activates, survive to save more clones or get some specific missions. :)

Rexerus and InterludeDude like this.
  16. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

This is the reason i stopped making levels, i'm just not as good as creators like Voltiac... even if i got good ideas i couldn't execute them.

Very well crafted level by Voltiac here, i don't love it but its really good.
    Some parts are annoyingly hard but nothing impossible, finding the 3 hidden buttons is kind of cool but thats not the best style of clone saving it just gives you the clones.

I certainly don't hate your levels and you are awesome, welcome to the forum by the way. Loved the Emoji you used as O in your nickname. And keep making them you are an artist.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  17. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Don't worry Voltiac, I have yet to see a "bad" level made by you. :) Mostly it's just certain annoying points in a much larger amazing level that I don't like, such as the magnetic clone part in Devices. The rest of that level is perfect!

You won't get better unless you practice! Just look at my first levels such as "Awesome" and "WARNING:Hard" and then look at my newer levels such as "Cloneception". I think I've come a long way. I don't know about everyone else, but I would be glad to see some levels by you. :)

18. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

Ah-hah! You haven't seen my old lvls. I think no one has. They have no triggers, no joints, and no detail. And look at THE LAST STAND and REMNANTS! Awesome.

It's such a shame the search thingy doesn't work that way. Maybe I'll give you some of the names and links.

19. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Haha yes! I think I might start a thread where we all can post links to all our old levels and see how bad they all are!

InterludeDude likes this.
  20. Straitorden

Straitorden Well-Known Member

Your level is a masterpiece, Voltiac. Maybe it is not so challenged for saving clones, especially among hard players - after finding the hidden buttons you don't need any particular experience for saving them all. But it has an amazing artistic atmosphere. Agree with Chico, this is the work of real artist.

<|-|!<0 likes this.