PS4 Level Restarting

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by JamisonFitz, May 27, 2015.

1. JamisonFitz

JamisonFitz New Member

I've never played Badland prior today when I picked it up on PS4 on a whim given the feedback I've heard. I enjoy it so far but something I'm pressing or possibly a glitch restarts the level... Or checkpoint rather. So even when I dont die it doesn't count. Any ideas?

2. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

I'm not the consultant for this but that is kind of a vague description. Can you explain better?

3. JamisonFitz

JamisonFitz New Member

Square is restart level, its like someone is trolling me and I can be on a perfect run and it'll restart by itself. It does it several times randomly.

4. Teemu

Teemu Member Staff Member Frogmind

Hi Jamison, could you try with a different controller if you have one or by connecting the controller to the PS4 through the wire, not wireless.
    It sounds like a controller issue or some other powerful wireless interfering badly. Seems like it would be getting the Square button signal from somewhere. If you try another controller make sure the possibly problematic one is turned of, otherwise it will keep on triggering. Please let me know what happened. We have never seen this bug in any of our testing. Shouldn't be possible to be in the build.

5. tigdaddy

tigdaddy New Member

Hi, thanks for a great fun game! I do unfortunately have the same fault as above. It happens all the tine on ps4 single and multiplayer- so much so it is rendering the game unplayable. This is not a controller fault- I've tried three different ones and I have deleted and installed the game again. Any ideas?

6. Teemu

Teemu Member Staff Member Frogmind

Hi tigdaddy, thanks!
    We have now had 4 such reports/mentions. They haven't really gotten back to us again after the initial one. In one case, everything worked fine after rebooting the PS4. So we haven't gotten enough info about this yet to say much. We have been testing over 300 hours for the PS4 version and have never seen this issue ourselves or had it reported by our QA. But since already 4 people are mentioning it, sounds like there can be something to it.

In your case, its the same after rebooting the PS4? And you turned off the initial controller when you tried the others?
    Does it happen in all levels? Did it start immediately and keeps on happening all the time? Does it happen still if you try to connect the controller with a wire?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions but as said, we have never been able to replicate this so I can get information only from your guys that are having the issue.

7. tigdaddy

tigdaddy New Member

Thanks or the response, I will try rebooting as opposed to going into standby. The problem was constant despite turning controllers off and trying one at a time. It seems to happen randomly on all levels and multiplayer too. There is no set place or time but sometimes over five times on one level. It appears totally random and flings you back to the starting place instantly? On multiplayer this happens and all the scores from the rounds played resets which is equally frustrating. Will update after rebooting. I did delete and reinstall game but problem persists.

8. tigdaddy

tigdaddy New Member

Thanks for the advice- turning the system off completely as opposed to rest mode appears to have solved the problem. Hopefully this will work for anyone else with similar problems.

9. Black_Gamer

Black_Gamer New Member

I'm going to give this a try next time I play, but I can confirm that this issue is happening to me as well and it's SUPER ANNOYING. However, I just want to clarify that it's not the entire level restarting, but I keep getting booted back to the most recent checkpoint even though I haven't died. I've made sure multiple times that I didn't just accidentally press [SQUARE]. My thumb was never near it.

To answer Teemu's questions above:
    In your case, its the same after rebooting the PS4? - I will try this the next time I play Badland.

And you turned off the initial controller when you tried the others? - Haven't tried other controllers.

Does it happen in all levels? - Yes.

Did it start immediately and keeps on happening all the time? - Yes, it's been happening from the very beginning.

Does it happen still if you try to connect the controller with a wire? - I'm connected to the wire the whole time. I'm always plugged in.

10. Black_Gamer

Black_Gamer New Member

As tigdaddy said, shutting the console down completely and re-booting fixed the problem. Looks like the issue lies within setting the console to rest mode for some reason. Very strange.