Frost (iOS)

Discussion in 'WARPZONE' started by FBI Light Rock, Jan 16, 2017.

1. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Capture d’écran 2017-01-18 à 10.05.29.png

Frost (iOS Exclusive)

Missions

Capture d’écran 2017-01-18 à 10.03.23.png

Time Trial

Frost-time.png

Post your time trial scores in the Timetrial spreadsheet!

Achievement
    40 BELOW ZERO OUTSIDE: Save 100 clones

Total BOTY secrets to unlock

Mission, Clone & Time Trial Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube and post your videos here! Post your awesome clone scores here!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017
  2. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

this is definitely my LEAST favorite level of the bunch...i haven't gotten a single mission it's so hard

3. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

This is one of my favorite ones. Many factors which influence how you go through it, skipping powerups or getting them, gaining the the right speed, tapping left to wait for lasers to deactivate... Yes it's challenging, I'm only up to 34, long way to the achievement for reaching 100. Missed the all powerups mission so far.

<|-|!<0 likes this.
  4. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yeah awesome level, the best configuration for me is ---> All powerups minus one speed and one time.

dubz131 likes this.
  5. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

thanks for the tip, bro....i was wondering what the best combo is, as ive been struggling with this level...but i finally got the last two missions i needed today (powerups and 30 plus clones)...i got 46 clones, but i have no idea how i'll ever got the secret achievement for 100 plus...but maybe with your tip i'll practice doing that and see if i can gradually do better

6. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yea, i hear ya...i guess it starting to grow on me....with me as a player, there's just SOO much going on in screen and i freak out when i just need to play a bunch of times to memorize where everything is, the best moves to make, powerups to pickup, etc....and yea, finally got all 3 missions...so was really happy about that to be honest cause the end part always gave me the most trouble (screen moving too fast and it would kill all my clones)...but this last time i had it just perfect where i could save a respectable amount

7. FWithAnUzzy

FWithAnUzzy New Member

I'm not too big a fan of this level genre (the Mega Clone Saver). I consider 4 level types in badland: Normal levels, which emphasize puzzle solving & maneuvering skills, Speed levels (self-explanatory), Clone Savers, and this type of level, along with Coldskin & Intrusion. A Mega clone saver has clones as the main priority, but also has checkpoints, and can be hard too.
    I think the reason I don't like this level type is that your main goal is pretty...fuzzy?? hahaha As in, there isn't a single defined objective that drives your Clony to win. You could argue that MCS's give more reason to beat the level, but this is just my take on it :)
    But that doesn't mean the new levels are bad! Really, I love them all!

Vicvic91 and dubz131 like this.
  8. 4slann

4slann Member

Here is a walkthrough for this level

Vicvic91, dubz131 and FWithAnUzzy like this.
  9. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

did you get over 100 clones yet?

ps. lol dude, you almost got the 'quadratic' clone achievement...damn ur good

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  10. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

dude, totally hear on this, and i'm the same way...everybodys got thier own favorite kind of level design though, yanno? they are all fun in their own right, though...to me, frost and intrusion are the hardest kind of levels, yet i have all the missions beat and one tries done...the last missions i have is the glitched one in 'tribes' (so doesn't really count since i know i can get it again easily), and 'cuebeption' 100 clones mission (my max so far is 89); i just CAN'T seem to figure this one out...i always seem to get a lot of clones to the triangle part and that damn tracking freeze beam effs me over...and then at the very end with the spinning freeze beam thing...but i have confidence, if i can get 89, i should be able to get 11 more at some point...but for me, this type of level isn't exactly 'hard' per se, it just all depends on what the devs set the clone save mission max at...for instance, this one is 100 which is very hard to me...then in contrast, the max clone mission for 'down' is 110 and i've got a max on that of 140, and i find that level to be MUCH easier to maneuver

FWithAnUzzy likes this.
  11. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i wish i was as good as you guys.....anyone have a video for getting secret achievement of 100+ clones? i've been trying/practicing and i'm pretty confident i know exactly which powerups to get, i just have trouble at the end keeping all the clones alive...i had 90ish at one point then they all died because i can't friggin time the very end freeze beams just so - and the screen of death ends up killing half of my clones or i have to fly through the beams and...disaster

12. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Try to avoid as much Speed/TimeSpeed/Big powerups as you can. :)

dubz131 likes this.
  13. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

thanks - that's what ive been doing/trying to do, and i think my problem was i wasn't committing when going through the freeze beams, and when i hesitate i lose clones...i just did really well in the online level (beat your time by the way :)) so i'm thinking i got the time down on the last freeze beams...i just can't hesitate or wait

14. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Frost is a crual level : if you hesitate, you die :)

15. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yes, very cruel indeed...i played last night and i finally got down the correct pattern of what to collect and what not to collect so i was the smallest clone and the screen wasn't moving fast and i could pass through each beam almost perfectly...however, the highest clones i could only save was 64....i mean, that's good for me, but it was dissapointing because i honestly thought i did so much better....i'll keep trying for the achievement (100)every so often, but i'm not gonna kill myself over it...somtimes you can only do as good as you can do

16. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i hope someday someone posts videos on getting the 'secret achievements' - especially this one of getting 100+ clones.....even with getting/missing the necissary powerups (and their can't be secret ones since i got the powerups mission) i still can only get to the very very end with 80ish clones, and my total save is only 64 (i'd be ecstactic with that score if not for the achievements that were added since i MUST get them all because i'm crazy!!!)

even with timing the freeze beams, it seems regardless you will lose some because the beam or mostly because the screen of death

ps. is there any way when you fix the bug in 'tribes' - can you also fix the clone counter to NOT count the frozen/dead clones? i always get super excited (like this level for instance), because it will say i have saved more clones, only to go through the end portal and see the clone counter go backwards :(

17. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

The game counts your frozen clones because they can still go through the end tube. But it would be a good idea to have the option to disable that feature.

n0phun likes this.
  18. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

oh word? i didn't realize you could technically save frozen clones (i guess i just never have?)...but any way, it would be cool if y ou could turn it off, though it's not a big deal....i just need to do better is the real problem...i'm sooo close go getting 3k clones

19. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

well i got 70 clones saved last night after some real hard work (i know, some of think '70'? ha you suck), but that was tough for me...i have no idea how i'll ever get 100 unless there's some secret i'm missing that stops the freeze beams completely in certain places....all my clones i collect end up getting frozen no matter how careful i am....this achievement might be for the best of the best of the best

20. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

To get 100+ you have to dodge one speed powerup, and the time powerups, two of them. The rest is pure skills.

The annoying thing for me is the goddamn screen, it is always so close to my bum it burns it a little, and stays like that until the end, right at my bum.

Was going to save 121 and saved only 117 because the screen was in my ass.