no sound on apple tv

Discussion in 'SUPPORT & SUGGESTIONS' started by amx, Nov 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. amx

amx New Member

Hi, game is great and looks wonderful on 55" screen, but there is no sound. On my iPhone works well, I'm deleted and installed game again but still the same. What to do? Any ideas?
    Greetings,
    Adam

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Hey Adam,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    Here's few question to help us find what's going wrong :
    . Is the game completely silent or is the audio lost in a certain point in the game?
    . Do the sounds for other games work correctly?
    . Can you hear audio normally from the tv?
    . Is it possible for you to try to test the game with other tv and different HDMI cable?

Best regards,

Victor-Manuel Godoy
    Frogmind Games

3. amx

amx New Member

Hey Victor, thanks for a quick reaction. Answer for all your questions is Yes :) But in order:

. Is the game completely silent or is the audio lost in a certain point in the game?
    Game is completely silent, even in main menu.
    . Do the sounds for other games work correctly?
    Yes, other games work correctly, same as sound in TVos menu, movies, music etc.
    . Can you hear audio normally from the tv?
    Yes, audio on tv works well.
    . Is it possible for you to try to test the game with other tv and different HDMI cable?
    Ok, I will try today first with different HDMI cable (but actually this one is really good quality, I like to buy once but good ;) and next I try on other TV.

Greetz,
    Adam

4. amx

amx New Member

I've tested it on other TV and results is really weird.

So, on other TV sounds works. and now start this weird thing: When I open Badland2 when aTV is connecdet to this other TV and change HDMI cable to main TV, then sound is too there as well. But when close and open game again on main TV then no sound like before. This issue I've only with Badland2.

Greetz,
    Adam

5. Vicvic91

That's great ! Seems that we finally found a way to investigate on this bug !
    Can you make the same test with your 1st TV and see if you can confirm that in certain case you can get sounds ?

6. Josh

Josh New Member

Hi. Just downloaded Balands2 and have the exact same problem discribed above. No matter what I do I can't get any sound with game on Apple TV 4 running 10.0.1. Really weird cause never had any sound issues with other apps/games

7. Vicvic91

Hey @amx and @Josh !
    Latest update with Warpzone pack also include a patch for this sound issue. Let me know if it's ok now for you :)

n0phun likes this.