Esc

Discussion in 'INFINITY' started by Vicvic91, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

ESC

Missions
    image.jpeg

Time Trial

ESC-time.png

Post your time trial scores in the Timetrial spreadsheet!

Achievement
    THE GREAT ESCAPE: Save 30+ clones

Mission, Clone & Time Trial Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube and post your videos here! Post your awesome clone scores here!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Azadi

Azadi Member

Has anyone figured out how to collect the 10x clones power ups from the exit of the circular portal? It looks like you would lose them all later in the level but I can't imagine frogmind putting obsolete power ups, I think it'd more likely to be a challenge I can't yet master.

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

It's impossible to get them. :( There's only one clone and it has to be in cube form so it cannot go through the blue portal. There's also not enough time to fly up quickly enough to grab those 3 superclone powerups.

This is one of the reasons I don't like this level. A bunch of superclone powerups for no reason at all.

4. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

For me the creator may wanna tell us 'If you're so greedy that you want to get so many clones, you have to go through the round portal, which leads you to doom. If you want to survive, you must hold back your lust and leave these three superclones behind. '
    So gloomy. I'd rather know that I was talking nonsence.

5. Vicvic91

There is so many levels where there is clones to sacrify "just for the fun" (Greenzone or Quad for exemple).
    Here seems just like an horrible trap eheh :)

LianPiggy and 18111398 like this.
  6. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

HARDEST RUSH LEVEL OF ALL TIME!!!!

7. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

4th level I did in 1 try in INFINITY(others are Beam me up, Circle of death and Clonemayhem)

LOL

8. Mr. X

Mr. X Elite Member

The superclones................... ................... ................ they are a trap

9. Vicvic91

I feel this one is really cool as a Race level in Online Mode :)

10. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Less than ten seconds?! How many clones did you bring home?

11. Vicvic91

More than 22+ for sure ! This is my new favorite Race level, I will let this one in the Online Mode for sure :)

n0phun likes this.
  12. n0phun

Not really a race level, as good times depend on the number of clones saved. ;-) I've got 15 in the main game, just had a look at the spreadsheet. 28 record! And there are no replays linked in the sheet. Now I always see how @FBI Light Rock holds his clones nicely together as my ghost opponent, but couldn't figure out how. Google, help!
    Ah, thanks @Straitorden :

Straitorden and FBI Light Rock like this.
  13. Vicvic91

I just saved all the clones... in the race mode ! Damn I need to do it again in my story game progress now :(

IMG_0163.JPG

n0phun likes this.
  14. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Ah, don't make me sound so pro, @n0phun. :mrgreen: I was just lucky enough to get them packed like sardines and sail through the poison blob droplets of death. :)

Vicvic, I hate you. :mrgreen:

Vicvic91 and n0phun like this.
  15. n0phun

You need to do it again because you didn't upload. Inconceivable. ;-)

Vicvic91 likes this.
  16. n0phun

But I saw only their ghosts, and not their actual surroundings. Bit strange, normally you only need to know whether your opponent is ahead or behind of you.
    Seconded.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  17. Vicvic91

I can only save 30 clones for now... 31 will be there soon I hope :)

18. Vicvic91

Ok here is my 30 clones record.
    It's less epic, as my perfect run was also a lucky speedrun of 31" :(

Straitorden and n0phun like this.
  19. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

Yes, as a race, this level has 2 fundamental problems: the clone saving possibility is too varied, so your time becomes too dependent on clone-saving skills, rather than speed; and another problem is that your speed isn't varied enough. For a flying-clony race level to be good, there should be an abundance of strategy aspects (in speed) to make speed require skill, which this level doesn't contain. This is why Deadline and Rush succeed as races: You may be a fly clony, but tricky maneuvering is still a challenge. In Esc, these aspects just aren't present.
    I, @InterludeDude, on January 30, 2017, declare the defendant, Esc, guilty of being a faulty online challenge. The sentence will be a slap on the wrist. You are all dismissed.

n0phun likes this.
  20. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead Elite Member

Aww, I like ESC. I think it has tricky maneuvering right at the end scene. It may be somewhat dependent on how much nuclear rain is coming down and where, but there's definite maneuvering effect on the outcome.