Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Uh. Any progress on that? I'm up to 118, going below the last big saw with high losses. Don't see a route for 170+, for now.

2. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

I've taken the lead!

130+ is for sure possible, not sure about 170... o_O

Abbraxas, Vicvic91 and n0phun like this.
  3. n0phun

135, using your approach mostly. See no way getting 170+ with this method and have no other idea, but will try harder.
    794 plays for a level which is up only one day is good, or not?

4. Pierre Miguel Gayo

Pierre Miguel Gayo Elite Member

NEW TEASER!!!
    WORDABLE!
    MAKE WORDS BY PUSHING LETTERS OR
    MAKE WORDS BY COMPLETING
    INTERESTING PUZZLES!
    THE WORDS YOU MAKE DO SOMETHING[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Rexerus and Vicvic91 like this.
  5. Pierre Miguel Gayo

Pierre Miguel Gayo Elite Member

Finished!
    Prepare to make words!
    Challenges
    Collect all powerups
    Save atleast 12 clones
    Survive in 1 try
    You need to be ready to create words!
    https://badland.app.link/5wuoZHUxEA

n0phun, Rexerus and Vicvic91 like this.
  6. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Wow, @Pierre Miguel Gayo! This is an extremely fun and unique level, even though it's a bit short. My only problem with it is that it could look a bit more decorated to really pull me into your world of words! Great job!

Abbraxas and <|-|!<0 like this.
  7. Abbraxas

Abbraxas Member

Nice! It's a really interesting idea. I never would have thought of it!

8. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

My most ambitious project is finally done. Nearly 50m of pure detail. It's HORROR. (#BL2 is at the end.) A nice contrast to my Valentine's day lvl. :P

OK, brief description. And since Horror is already done, it's not spreading any hype. You'll be surprised how much vocabulary a young penguin which has trouble managing promotions(too all you people who don't like the hype) can know. Spoiler Alert!

Horror is a slow-building Badland experience. From lvl award winning(Sort of) lvl creator CUBE MAN, it features him at his peak, with all detail packed in a more compact and suspenseful lvl. Watch as he takes you on a variety of checkpoints, culminating in a saw-themed timing scene.

Then, the lvl's bossfight is an action packed single checkpoint, with sudden red eyes, creepy detail, and more challenging scenes. Then, it suddenly switchs to a fast-paced chase modeled closely from the final scene of AGE MOVER from Badland 2. Finally, it all builds down to a unusually quiet finale- until the very, very end.

Yes, the missions are the same. I can search up Horror, but here's a link. Tell me if it doesn't work:

https://badland.app.link/zzhs8aHkNA

n0phun likes this.
  9. V⭕LTIAC

V⭕LTIAC Active Member

Although I found the level pretty hard, it wasn't too bad! It would be nicer if there were a few more checkpoints though. And that ending and all the detail was pretty cool too!

And you said I wouldn't like it.

n0phun likes this.
  10. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Ahah! I didn't have a very high expectation, though this was my best effort. And I take that "hard" as a compliment, I haven't had many hard lvls now. Thanks for the feedback! ;)

Question: Could this become an extreme lvl?

11. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Yeah, I think so. I gave it a difficulty of 4 but everyone else who had played it gave it a difficulty of 5 (at least when I last checked.) Some parts of this level are definately challenging, such as the part with the spinning portal. The final speedy part was really fun! Overall, it's a great level. 5 Stars :mrgreen:

I think I found a missplaced checkpoint though. If you die at the part where you have to go through the tunnel without touching the top or bottom sections, then you respawn UNDER the tunnel, right infront of the saws.

12. n0phun

Nope, I survived it. Rated difficulty down to 4 then.

Missions:
    1. Survive without skipping. Done.
    2. Survive in less than 20 minutes
    3. Get 2 clones

13. n0phun

✅, 16:26.

14. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Yeah, I added a few extra checkpoints during editing. Some of them may have past the fine tinkering stage, sorry. :(

But I can't find a specific "Tunnel" part, there are many different tunnels. Can you show me a replay if you can about that missplaced checkpoint? I'll be looking through when I can.

15. n0phun

File_000.jpeg
    Wouldn't have called it a tunnel, but have no better idea. Going from here you always hit the marked part, thus dying. I go back to level start then, only option. Not sure if this is what Rexerus meant.

Rexerus likes this.
  16. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Thanks! I'll try to update it later.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    n0phun likes this.
  17. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Good job @CUBE MAN OFFICIAL
    Exept this tunnel checkpoint.
    Some parts are really irritating !

18. n0phun

Or you could remove it. Not too hard going through here once one is used to it, and compared to later parts it's easy.
    Not beginner friendly though. I could live without it.

Up to 3 clones now, much more should be possible, this was normal size as I die too often. What's your best and what do you think how many one can save?

19. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

I'm done with the update! The minor bug is fixed, tell me if it still exists or not.

And 3 is my max on this lvl, tell me if you can save more so I can update the mission. For me, 3 is challenging but possible.

20. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Yeah, I'm becoming the new hard lvl designer subconsciously. :( There's nothing I can do about it. Maybe next time? :mrgreen:

Vavje likes this.