Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Rexerus likes this.
  2. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

One try, on first attempt? Ouch. One clone, after many attempts and skipping. Don't get how to do this. Has OB removed obstacles in the copy? Perhaps I should try that.

3. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Hmm, that's an interesting one. Nice find Vavje! It does remind me of Trippy, but more chaotic, with portals placed around everywhere.

Haha! I think I just got lucky the first time, cause when I played it through again, I died like 5 times! I still don't see why it has such a high difficulty rating so far (4.11)... it isn't that hard for me. Maybe I just have a natural talent for strange levels, like my own!:mrgreen:

Vavje likes this.
  4. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

There is a stuck place @Vavje, in the spike tunnel when there is those rotating platforms to avoid : I am too big and the spikes are too close, it's hard to avoid touching them and pass before the rotating platform push you back

5. Vavje

Oh. At this place ?
    It's difficult to pass, but possible. But I will move it forward.

Edit : I'm an idiot ! I put a checkpoint in the secret room. 'gonna delete it too.
    Edit again : Updated

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Vicvic91 likes this.
  6. n0phun

I rated difficulty 5, and would have put it aside to the extreme levels had I not seen your reactions here (and Vicvic's announcement to put it on ED). I found the cinema now, and got a stunning 7 clones to the end. Still, I don't grasp parts of it, especially this circular room at the beginning. No idea how to play that right. There are stones, portals and my clones. And then there are stones and portals. And I go in again from checkpoint and so on until I get lucky to get through or frustrated and skip. I see that the portals aren't activated most of the time, and it seems I have to go in while they are. How to do that? It is beyond me, really no idea how to play it.

And is it a bug that sometimes a clone goes back to the left through a portal into the darkness and is stuck there?

7. Vavje

@n0phun Could this vid help you ?

n0phun likes this.
  8. n0phun

It did, thank you! Was able to do a one try now (4 clones ;-), will have to work on that). The portals in the circle, do they activate themselves or is it by time or player action? Triggered by something?

The background is cool, especially the flying parts near the end. Cinema is a great idea too. Would it be technically possible to show hints in the film, e.g. a film which is showing some future part of the game, like from a replay? One would have to stop and view it to be able to master this future part.

9. Vavje

You're welcome.
    The two portals in this circular room are always activated (rocks always fall in and out). Sometimes, we can't go through these portals (in or outside) because of the biggest rocks, and we must wait for the next complete circuit.

This is a great great idea for cinema hints ! But it may be complicated (this part is already lost under events and variables crowd). Integrating a vid is possible for showing a replay ? I don't think so. Unless, I could show enigmatic texts, like : "10 under the rain", or "Rabbits love mines". If I do this, I must hide more powerups or mines. What do you think ? @Vicvic91 ?

10. Vicvic91

@Vavje I think that the level is already online in ED :)
    But it could be a great idea for your futur level eheh !

n0phun likes this.
  11. Vavje

Ah yes ! I just saw it.

12. Vavje

13. Vicvic91

14. Vavje

Oh my

15. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

16. Vicvic91

Ahah, awesome level !
    Ping @333mmcc :)

But it's missing one important detail in your level !
    Can someone find it ? You should brainstorm a little more why this level is called Guardians :)

Rexerus likes this.
  17. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Missing something? That's not good! Can I have a hint?

18. n0phun

You have "Well-Known Member" under your name.

19. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Yes, indeed I do. Is that a hint?

20. Vavje

Congrats ! Awesome !

Rexerus likes this.