Portalbot

Discussion in 'SURVIVE THE LONGEST' started by Vicvic91, Oct 12, 2016.

1. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Wow @RocksInMyHead 4:30+

Did you do that in normal mode, or the bot was turned off?

RocksInMyHead likes this.
  2. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead Elite Member

Just saw your post. Yup! Did it the hard way! I've never seen the bot's eye off like other people have reported.

3. RocksInMyHead

I still experience dying by going through the portal and the game thinks I'm going off screen pretty darned often. I think I die that way more often than when the bot gets me. I still have yet to see the bot not follow me, does that still happen?

4. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Still happening, both the dead bot and dying to the screen, very annoying.

5. RocksInMyHead

So, when the bot doesn't follow, what prevents people from racking up a bunch of time? Does it just fall around the tube as it spins? I think I may have seen the dead bot once, but I died within a second of that happening.

6. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

The portal death should happens also in Portaling, as it's exactly the same one...

7. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

With the dead bot, the level become like Portaling, without the gravity.
    I will see what I can do to avoid it :)

8. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yes the level is still fun to play with the dead robot, and its not easy at all. But is easier than the alive... not as fun tho

9. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Oh and it does happen on portaling as well, not as often but yes

10. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Ugh the screen keeps killing me

11. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

It doesn't happen to me.

The weirdest thing about this lvl is that the bot goes in a portal and goes out the same portal without a second of me seeing it go out on the opposite portal and going back in.

I die so many times from that :(

InterludeDude likes this.
  12. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

That frustrates me so much. Doesn't even matter if the bot's on or off. But I wonder how the screen kills you in this level, can someone explain?

13. RocksInMyHead

Yup, that's the main way the game ends for me, too.

14. OlofW

OlofW Member

Same here.

15. RocksInMyHead

Just had a 7:37 minute run on Portalbot. If you want to see something funny, watch it here recorded at 6X Speed so it doesn't get boring.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  16. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i have no idea how 'rocks' is able to get 15 minutes on this level and other 'survive' levels like this! that's just crazy to me and you must have some sick ass reflexes

17. RocksInMyHead

Lol, thanks! I'll take that as a compliment! That's why I posted videos. I actually decided to kill my clone on Incinerator yesterday after 15 minutes. If I was getting paid, I could keep up Incinerator all day long. But no one wants to pay for that :(

Certain survival levels are what I'm best at. I think it comes from the old arcade days where I played Joust, Asteroids, Pacman, Qbert, and most importantly Space Invaders. Yes, I'm that old.

18. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

lol yes, definitely a compliment, i promise...

and that's very that you got bored so you decided to kill your clone...THAT'S when you know you got the level mastered...and i keep seeing your name at the top of the online lists! your making it hard to keep pace :sweat: but good for you, definite skills on all the online modes it seems like

haha, you're not old, i know...some of those games!

i used to be really good at the 2 blender levels (fast/small clone and regular speed/big clone) where i was getting like 10 plus minutes...the problem was so were a couple other people, so frogmind made those levels harder, but i can occassionally still do well with a 2-3 min score which gets me 2nd place...this elk guy always beats me now

19. RocksInMyHead

If you have a video you want to request, so long as it doesn't involve me divulging an intricate pattern I've memorized (there's a couple), then I'll put it online. :) I'm off for a hike in the mountains for the next few hours though. Chat with you later!

20. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

yea, sweet that would be awesome....to be honest, the one with the bullet shooter i can NEVER get past 20-23 seconds...i stay low but a bullet always falls on me

i'm about to leave work myself so have fun hiking (must be nice)....it's 20 degrees Farenheight where i'm at right now! too cold, have to stay inside and play badland 2 all night haha