ED missions

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Vavje, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

hi !
    Something on Ed levels is a mistake :
    So. I play the new Ed level for the first time. Cool ! I passed through it till the end ! Now, I can play through it again to complete missions !
    Unfortunatly, missions I got on first playing are already here. It is frustrating.

2. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

That's normal ahah. It's the same for all the other levels, and in BL2 as well :)

Try to think different : a very hard level where the mission is "Survive in 1 try".
    Imagine now that you complete it luckily in 1 try in your first play : it will be frustrative for you if you can unlock this mission after the first play eheh !

3. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Right. But it would be nice if the eggs in the end would blink on and off if you did the mission in the current game. Great for uploads too. I once thought I'm remembering that it was like that in the beginning of BL1 and lost in an update, not sure anymore.

I will move this thread to General Discussion later, it's wrong in BL2.

4. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

No blink in the 1st play, as the idea is to keep you discovering the game without egg screen in between each level.

You feel it just now obly because there is 1 level each week, but when you was playing Day 1 and Day 2, you was following the story with the circular dots before trying the missions :)

5. n0phun

This isn't quite what I meant. Yes, no blink in first play, but also not in later ones. You see a mission egg materializing if you did the mission in the current play, or you see them already there if you did them in 1st play (what Vavje said). But after you got a mission, you never again will have an indicator if you do the mission again. And that would be nice, just to see for yourself and of course for uploads like All Missions in One Try.

6. n0phun

Seems I remembered right, found an old upload from grandmort which was made before this feature disappeared. Or he saved an older Badland version that time, as discussed in the Clonespikes thread. Note that the two eggs to the left blink shortly, and I'm pretty sure he had these missions before that play.
    @Vicvic91, you'll remember this level well for your result is still stunning. :)

Vicvic91 likes this.