Scores not sending

Discussion in 'SUPPORT & SUGGESTIONS' started by Coffee, Apr 29, 2016.

?

Do you experience problems with multiplayer BL2?

1. Very often

27.3%
  2. Sometimes

18.2%
  3. Rarely

9.1%
  4. Never

45.5%
  1. Coffee

Coffee Member

Does anyone else experience issues with the multiplayer challenges? Today, I got 107 in "cloneferno". I was pleased with my score, and went to see what place I came. I should have been 8th, but the score didn't send. This is defiantly not the first time I encountered this issue, so I thought it was time to report it.

I also frequently get "network error", even though I am sitting next to my wifi modem. There are also crashes, but they don't happen much.

2. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

My most frequent problem is Network Error. And sometimes I also meet the crashing problem, and my record is once also failed to upload.
    But Frogmind is an Indie Game developer and making online features is already a great challenge for them. Actually I'm quite pleased that they can make an online mode available, and even though sometimes it works wrong, I believe that Frogmind had already tried their best.

3. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yeah, that happens a lot.

Just try again.... 107 is not a result you should be pleased with. hahehehehahhafui

4. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I was just kidding by the way, 107 is good but can be improved.

Also to be more specific all 3 problems happens often. Whether is the network connection right beside the wifi modem, the crashing (Mostly after the connection error), and the bug where your last score doesn't appear ( which can be very annoying if you got a very good run).

Having said that, Online multiplayer is awesome and i love how many good players are out there. The results are always changing, sometimes envolves lots of luck but mostly skills.

Waiting for the INFINITY levels ONLINE!

5. OlofW

OlofW Member

This is only getting worse. I used to be able to predict when it happens because of a network error appearing just before or because there'd be no shadow opponent, but now it's completely arbitrary and happens very often. Levels like Libra require a lot of perfect timing to get top scores and having your score not count after trying a level 20–30 times really almost makes want to give up playing Badland 2. Frustrating!

6. OlofW

OlofW Member

@Vicvic91 What's up with this issue? Is it being worked on? It feels like it happens like 50% of the time for me and it's extrememely frustrating. You work your ass off on getting a good score, trying again and again, and then once you make it there's always the "now please let the score send! NOOOOOO!!" and then you have to start again. Excruciating! Please let us know if this is in the pipeline and if there's anything I can do to help, like sending logs or whatever. Thanks.
    (iPhone 5S, iOS 10.2.1 (14D27))

7. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

You have to be connected to a very decent internet connection and not too far away from the source... that way it will most likely not happen or happen very rarely...

Unfortunately Wifi is a pretty weak technology imo and i hope its replaced in the future. Not Badland fault.

I do think that maybe a solution for this would be for the information of your scores get multiple tries to reach server or whatever, like hold the score until it goes trough so you don't lose it.

8. OlofW

OlofW Member

Well, umm, I'm not having any problems like this with any other online games. And as you say, it must be possible to code some kind of caching or success control into the score sending function, right? But then, isn't it Badland's fault that they haven't made something like that? I mean, I don't care why, I just want it to work. I think it's holding back the success of the game since many people just rage quit because broken.

Peace!

9. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yeah you do have a point, specially because the "heavier" part is the whole level and that always load right, it's just the simple information of the result that disappear.

But when im on a decent speed internet i rarely have problems... and when i was far away from source i had problems with other games like Clash of clans.

So yeah it is a Badland problem but it happens and yeah its infuriating, on clash of clans i learned my lesson, whenever im going to attack in war i make sure i have a proper connection, in badland too.

Hope they sort that out

10. OlofW

OlofW Member

Hehe, yeah, well what do I know. Ripping my hair out.
    @Vicvic91, any news on this?

11. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

@About Badland multiple bugs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]