Deadline

Discussion in 'FASTEST TIME TO FINISH' started by Vicvic91, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

DEADLINE

Missions

image.jpeg

2. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Does anyone know the world record for this?

3. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Never saw any record below 15 seconds.

But this level is the confirmation for me that something is seriously wrong with controls, i just have to admit it.

4. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

The controls are suited for bigger spaces, like in Vertical Limit. It's designed so a small tap in the opposite direction won't completely swerve all your clones into that direction, but rather, the game is absolutely sure you want to move in a particular direction.

But in a cramped space like in
    Deadline, your clone takes longer to turn (this is presumably the problem you're referring to), so the controls feel delayed and awkward.

5. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Deadline-topmost.jpg

Not sure if I ever saw a better result (this is from yesterday or the day before), but I've seen 14:xxx before.
    Strange thing is primesgenato's ghost disappears for a moment when going through two close saws, to reappear below. Unbeatable if you don't arrive there earlier, and has to be much earlier, otherwise the ghost arrives there after you, but suddenly is in front of you. Maybe 3D Touch like mentioned here today, @Vicvic91? But still, I don't see how 3D Touch would make a ghost disappear for a moment.

Anyway, I think even 13:9xx is possible in this level, though a lot of luck is needed.

6. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Primesgenato is for sure an impressive ghost player ! He use the checkpoint to restart at the good timing, that's why the ghost disapears and reapears like that. I think he mostly use it in rare occasion when he need to reset the level to get a better timing with the different elements.

n0phun likes this.
  7. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Primesgenato is the master of using checkpoints for faster results, i play a lot of levels better because i learned from his ghost ( and other players)... 3d touch helps in a few levels apparently but not by much.

n0phun likes this.
  8. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

I just had a ghost player that used the trick described above; until I saw it, I wasn't completely sure what it was. I made a video so that others can shave some time off their results. At the 10 sec. point in the video, the clone jumps down to the next set of saws. The clone makes this jump by resetting the checkpoint when the clone is halfway through the first set of saws. Enjoy your speed boost!

n0phun, Vicvic91 and lnterludeDude like this.
  9. primesgenato

primesgenato Well-Known Member

Here's a 14.466s run.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    n0phun likes this.
  10. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Clap, clap. This was from your former 14.716. Do you think 13.9xx is possible? I don't see much room for improvement, except perhaps at the end there this friggin part on the saw slows you down.

11. primesgenato

primesgenato Well-Known Member

Thx dude. The last part tends to slow me down. But even if I breezed through that part, it would only shave off 0.2s or so. Breaking the 14s barrier seems impossible.