Bigferno

Discussion in 'EVOLUTION' started by Vicvic91, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Capture d’écran 2017-06-15 à 19.19.06.png

Bigferno

Missions

bigferno-eggs.jpg

Time Trial

bigferno-time.jpg

Post your speedy timings in the Timetrial spreadsheet!

Total BOTY secrets to unlock

Mission, Clone & Time Trial Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube and post your videos here! Post your awesome clone scores here!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

This has been the hardest mission by far for me....I can't get first place no matter how fast I go and even with botys help...any tips vivic? I've literally replayed this 100 times in a row atleast and the closest I've come is 1 second behind the first place guy...no clue what I'm doing wrong...I stay big and fly through the beginning; then take botys secret part and fly down the rest without dying but he still beats me

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Speed is literally all you need. Boty doesn't help here. :( It's a bit of luck at the last part in that you arrive before the flamers toast you and you slip quickly through the last hole to the finish.

4. Vicvic91

This is your error @dubz131 !
    Biggest you are, fastest you fall. You need to avoid as much as shrink powerups as you can.
    And when you activate Boty, you loose this missing second you need ;)

dubz131 likes this.
  5. -Fireblade-

-Fireblade- Active Member

Agree. Mission "finish first" in this level was the hardest for me too. But it is possible and i get it. There takes many tries of course. What you need: 1. You don't need boty - forget about it. 2. You don't need "small power up" an "big power up" exactly. 3. You mast be very fast at the beginning to part when you fall down in chains and then keep falling between flamethrowers. Of course you need much speed further. But you will have a good chance to beat the first ghost. Good luck!)

dubz131 likes this.
  6. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

thanks for the tips...appreciate it

i would agree staying big (as you start at the beginning) is key so that you fall faster...it can just be a pain to fall through the flames without dying AND knocking over that flamethrower just right so you can hit the button and fit through...phew...all that in just the beginning lol

then it's about falling fast the rest of the way and not dying....i think i'm going to have to do some testing on timing when the fire shoots out of each thing

7. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

fbi, you are incredible at the time trial stuff...i knew you'd be good because you always beat my scores (and everyone elses) in another game 'shadow bug'

so this is right up your ally i presume

8. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

you clever SOB...another great tip...thanks!

edit: so boty just helps with clone saving in this level... i get it...he does that with the other racing levels as well...what a guy that boty

Vicvic91 likes this.
  9. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Level review: Not many clones to save on this level but since they are really fat saving those few is really hard making this very challenging, the time missions must be fun and hard too
    Delay level: Small to moderate
    Bugs: None found so far

Vicvic91 likes this.
  10. FBI Light Rock

Actually I think you are better than me, your online rank is so high I don't even come close! :) There are some online levels where I actually faced off with opponents lower down the chart and still can't beat them! (Don't seem to remember vs your ghost before unfortunately) Overall I still think you are a better BADLAND player than me, your clone counts have already surpassed mine. :)

Not really, so many people have flooded the leaderboards of that Shadow Bug game my score ain't even close to the top anymore, haha.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  11. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

so officially after replaying/restarting hundreds of times after death after death after death after death after....

this is the worst level no only in evolution, but the game....but only because the first place mission is incredibly way too hard

i did everything righti (FINALLY) in one of my playthroughs and the fuckign first place asshole went through the tube before me by nothing, and only because my stupid clone wasted time becaues he didn't go down through the whole fast but rolled down...jesus christ

and my time recorded on this level is 25:850....frogminds for the time challenge is 23:950....so what the hell - the first place time must be like 24:00....that's not much of a gap to be honest (as im really not in to getting all the time trials - just the missions; i'm going to try to get as mnay as i can, but i know most are impossible so i'm not going to rage on that)..but the fact that this ONE mission stands in my way of getting them all is insane.

can SOMEBODY, ANYBODY pleeeeaaase do a walkthrough of this level getting first place? so i can atleast reference back to something and literally copy every move you do

this level makes me want to break my ipad, and i was having so much fun with the other levels....this one gets under my skin

edit: i forgot to mention that the beginning part with knocking that stupid flamethower down part is a big issue with how hard this level is regarding the mission, as it seems 1/20 times it actually works...it just breaks the rythm of what you are trying to do...espcially when i know i'm hitting it the same every time when i knock it over and then press the button

edit 2: ok just got it - and i still completely 100% stand by what i just said...that was not fun at all...stressed me out - no fun in that...now that i have all missions, will only ever play again to get more clones where i CAN TAKE MY TIME.....also, how the hell do you turn off the ghost players? you used to be able to; now they are always there and they annoy the shit out of me...please advise or implement a way to get rid of them

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  12. Vicvic91

Hey @dubz131 !
    I just played this level again and got 23:466 seconds on my 1st try :

Yeah, this 1st ghost is done to be hard, but it's really not impossible.
    The few clones on the way are there to help you escaping some tricky flamethrowers.

I guess you are loosing few miliseconds in trying to full push the final flamethrower, but yeah there is no really difficult on this level when you know it ahah :)

lnterludeDude likes this.
  13. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

sorry...had my ultra rage with this level....i'm just happy that i got it and it's over.......but it just seemed like no matter what i did it just wouldn't work, and that bothers me if i literally play the level for an hour straight; and i'd like to think i'm pretty good...so it was about after the first 20 mins i started to get angry and stopped having fun...it's just when i set my mind that i'm going to do something i refuse to quit until i do it

14. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i see what you mean, and that's actually how i ended up getting first...i just plunged at the very end and i somehow survived (i would usually just die in the flames)

15. FBI Light Rock

@dubz131 however you had to admit it stands out as one of the most unique levels in Evolution, despite re-using the same level. At least, it's what you'll feel when you first play this new level pack, before discovering Boty. The Big Clony entails new challenges that you never faced before. Other levels re-use gameplay from its predecessor level, although the secrets do add new dimensions to them.

Glad you finally beat it though! @dubz131 you should start posting your Time Trial timings on the Time Trial spreadsheet! I'm really curious what kind of timings you can achieve given your competitiveness in Online Mode. :)

16. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

you are absoutely right...which why i believe this level was so hard for me...the big clony makes it harder to control especially when you are racing a time

yea, i tried posting my new clone scores and times but it said it was locked...can you check to see if there's something from keeping me update? i actually stand as #4 overall time (which is surprisingly and probably won't last but i'm happy with my times thus far considering it will take 'time' to master...but ive gotten 13 lightning symbols so far - the racing levels were pretty easy, but its the regular levels that really take skill to beat the times)

17. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Only the new clone score Evolution part is locked, not the Timetrial spreadsheet. Looking into the Clone score sheet now.

dubz131 likes this.
  18. FBI Light Rock

Believe I might know what's going on...I'll see what I can do to get it recitified. :)

dubz131 likes this.
  19. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

I fixed it now, FBI LR pointed me to the right direction. You can add your scores now. The low values there was only I testing. :)

I'll move this part of the thread from my first answer to you to a spreadsheet thread later (or even delete) , not really Bigferno-related.

20. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

hey thanks for the fix guys - but i'm still having problems with the 'cube driver' cell as the highest it lets me put is 20 clones...every time i try to put my real score of 142 it gives me an error...just fyi

yea, sorry - ill delete all these