Any chance of a colorblind mode implementation

Discussion in 'MULTIPLAYER' started by Abdelicious, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Abdelicious

Abdelicious New Member

Hi there,

I've recently started playing Badland on ps4 with my girlfriend and we loooove it! It's an awesome game. The coop and multiplayer mode keep us playing for hours!
    The only tiny problem is that my girlfriend has deurtranopia which is a type of colorblindness that makes it practically impossible for her to tell different shades of red and orange. So when we play multiplayer with only two controllers, one of us is orange and the other is yellow but she simply cannot tell the difference...

Is there any way to change the orange and yellow of the first two players to other colors?

I've tried Playstation's "invert colors" option in the settings, but that really doesn't help that much since it turns yellow and orange into blue and darker blue, making it hard to distinguish them even with normal vision.

It's really the only game me and her can play, she's not really into other ps4 games.. and when our friends show it to us we bought it right away and then we kinda bummed with the discovery. It would be amazing if you guys could either tell us how to fix it or maybe implement a teeny tiny update to the colors ...

Thanks

2. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Abdelicious!
    Do you really have to select the first two clones to play Coop on Playstation? On iPhone/iPad I can select any two of the 4 by tapping them, and on PC with Steam it looks like this:

steam-coop-selection.jpg

And I select by pressing the keys, here I already selected the last two. Don't know Playstation, but there should be a possibility to select any clone.

3. Abdelicious

Abdelicious New Member

No I've tried everything.. :( The colors are locked to the controller order on PS4. Such a shame.. we're slowly abandoning the game now. Thanks for trying to help though! Much Appreciated!

4. 4522405DASH

4522405DASH Hypercloner

Isn't there a Grayscale setting on Playstation? Mine is broken so I don't know :(

5. If you have a third controller and can hook it up, you can do this:
    Select Extra controller for the first color, and then have you and your girlfriend’s controller chosen next. That way you can leave the extra player to fail while you and her play normally.
    This way you can play as Yellow and Blue.

n0phun likes this.
  6. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Hey @Abdelicious ! Did you finally found a way to connect a 3rd controller ?
    This should solve your issue.

Thanks @Richard Kassian for the solution :)

Richard Kassian likes this.
  7. I think he left...
    I feel terrible now. ;-;