Cloned

Discussion in 'JUNGLE (iOS)' started by Vicvic91, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

image.jpeg

CLONED

Missions
    image.jpeg

Time Trial

Cloned-time.png

Post your time trial scores in the Timetrial spreadsheet!

Mission, Clone & Time Trial Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube and post your videos here! Post your awesome clone scores here!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
  2. Vicvic91

Hey @Neopard !
    This timetrial badge is hard but not impossible, it doesn't require 3D Touch to be completed (but of course 3D Touch can help you explode this record) :)

Try to bounce on the walls to get extra boost at the beggining, and never hesitate with the rotating platforms

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

@Vicvic91 you have to understand that we BADLAND forum enthusiasts are absolute hardcore players and we do definitely enjoy the challenge to achieve an ultimate unbeatable time. But you have to understand that there are the vast majority of better players who try everything but still cannot beat the required time. An achievement makes little sense if only the very few elite can achieve it. It just frustrates the hell out of everyone else.

For the sake of making BADLAND 2 more achievable for everyone, please do nerf the timing. 2:40 would make things much better. Just see how much a time trial supreme @Neopard have such trouble achieving such a timing. Don't make completionists stress out too much just over some near-impossible timing.

Another thing to point out is, this is just a Jungle level, the first level pack of the game. It's unrealistic to have such difficult timing so early on in the game.

4. Vicvic91

5. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I can't even achieve 2:40 actually LOL, I don't really know what's a good challenging time to beat.

6. Neopard

Neopard Member

Thanks @Vicvic91 for the answer. I just did it in 1:32:766 after several hundreds of tries the last weeks. I was lucky through the rotating platforms and was propelled out of the last one. Now I only need to save 100 clones in Frost and 31 clones in Esc to complete all achievments. I guess that can take a while as well, especially Esc.

I like hard challenges, but I agree with @FBI Light Rock that this and some of the other time trials are too hard, so I'm glad you are going to nerf them.

7. Neopard

Neopard Member

3D Touch makes a huge difference. I just did it in 1:20:800 with my new iPhone X.

n0phun likes this.
  8. Vicvic91

Welcome to a new world ahah. You are going to enjoy again every level :)

9. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Thanks for pointing this level out, I was a bit unsure if 3D Touch was working for me. It does, 1:37:533 in my second try, which wasn’t even played well. Before I had values worse than 1:48:xxx.

Edit: 1:32:500. I’d really like to watch a replay of yours.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  10. Neopard

Neopard Member

AKAI2002, Vicvic91 and n0phun like this.
  11. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

The time could be even reduced, as the way I play 'Brave' and 'Cloned' in Android looks a bit faster in some places than this
    Btw is this the lowest you or anyone had?

12. Vicvic91

The android version of this level is easiest ;)

13. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

Is that right?
    I mean, in the video the time at 0:14 can be reduced by 1second or so by going towards the edge of the hanging thingy
    0.42-0.44 can be reduced by letting go and taking over control before the direction changes
    And at 1:07, don't pause a bit there, just go to the top by arranging clones as in the video, and hit the middle of the pointed thingy above the button so clones will go both sides

These are the places where I find it slow
    Hope this helps you anyway:)

14. Neopard

Neopard Member

I played it again today and got better times, the best was 1:10:583. Still possible to go faster, but my main point is that it is much easier to go fast with 3D Touch on iOS devices than without 3D Touch on levels like this. On my iPad Air i had to try hundreds of times to get 1:32:766 and unlock the time trial batch.

I have replayed many of the levels in Badland 2 on the iPhone X the last week and have improved my total time from 1:41:50.53 to 1:34:13.93.

AKAI2002, Vicvic91 and n0phun like this.
  15. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

Yay that's what I'm talking about:mrgreen:

16. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

Btw my time in Android(Brave and Cloned combined) is 01:46.866
    But at the end of Brave, it's not clean place like in iOS, so an additional 6+seconds (10-4 before entering blue swamp) and a button for rotating the circular thingys there, so a wait for 3s there
    So do you think I can perform better using the evil touch thingy?:)

17. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

12 clones in this one. I just did this yesterday. image.jpeg

AKAI2002 and n0phun like this.