Does Badland 1 have a background story?

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by ForeverTime, Jan 11, 2018.

1. ForeverTime

ForeverTime New Member

After playing Badland 1, I was shocked by the scene of the final level.

Flamingjazz and AKAI2002 like this.
  2. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

3. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    ForeverTime likes this.
  4. Flamingjazz

And I think most of the story is more evident and clearer to speculate (as game players) when you play badland 2. Which has all the more exciting “ending” than badland 1, so you should check it out!!!

AKAI2002 likes this.
  5. 4522405DASH

4522405DASH Hypercloner

I'm not allowed to tell.. i wish I could though :(

barnadvisor likes this.
  6. ForeverTime

ForeverTime New Member

AKAI2002 likes this.
  7. ForeverTime

ForeverTime New Member

Thank you for your suggestion. I playing Badland 2 now.(Though I think that it's much more difficult than Badland 1)Anyway, thanks for your advice and I'll check it out as soon as possible!

8. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

I was never sure which level you meant but forgot to ask. Last level of Day 2, Oblivion? (as there were more levels later in the Doomsday and Daydream packs) And why shocked? The red eye? The hanging rabbit?

9. ForeverTime

ForeverTime New Member

Both the final level in Day I (Final Frontier) and Day II (Oblivion). The word "shocked" may be somewhat unappropriate, sorry for that, English is a foreign language for me.And the reason why I felt "shocked" (or to say "amazed") is that the scene in the end is a bit puzzling(?), especially after the red eye came out, the clone disappered,what happened then. Anyway, it's just my imagination, and I really hope that there is a background story behind this game.

10. Flamingjazz

Yes I do believe that the developers have a background story. Victor (Vicvic91) has thrown too many explanations around in both a public and private setting. Why 4522405Dash says he could say something is because he was part of that conversation.
    But I don’t believe we are at liberty to say it (unless he says otherwise) and it honestly wasn’t the whole story but just minor hints at something bigger.
    My conclusion is that yes there is a bigger story that the developers have, and I would even say there is potential (if even just that, potential) for another game, but they just haven’t released it or any of that story.
    Guess we just get to wait and see. (Fan speculation and interpretation of the story may very well be all we end up with!)

On the side,
    Despite Badland Brawl being a badland game, it is only a spinoff, and it has virtually no story, and really nothing to contribute to this discussion. It does have a bunch of characters, including a “King Clony” which looks nothing like a Clony, but all of them are just, well, characters and the King Clony is just a Clash Royale-like king (the games are similar)

Also,
    In addition to what is laid out, I want to mention that they have mentioned that they will have 2 more games coming out this year potentially. See the article about Frogmind partnering with Supercell on the main www.badlandgame.com, and read through Johannes’s comments. If you’re interested, they’ve already hinted at the next game on Facebook (check Frogmind out on Facebook). They’re looking for iOS gamers to beta test (I don’t think anyone has started beta testing the game). I have beta tested 2 times for them already and both times took about 3 months before the game came out. So give it 3 months and we might even have more information out.

However, Frogmind is done, at least for right now, with “Badland” and “Badland 2” in creating additions for them, at least for now. So it’s more likely going to have more backstory in a new game and less likely in an update to the games already out, at least for the moment. Or maybe we’ll just have them share some things some day.

Hope this has given you some fun reading

In short: Yes, they have a backstory that they haven’t released, but who knows if or when they will release it? Maybe in the next two games?

11. Flamingjazz

Badland does indeed have a backstory! Want to find out what it is?
    New update released in Badland Brawl where you can find out the backstory of how Clony got into this mess.
    I will do my best to let everyone know some of the information they have in that game for his background story here, but you can always go and find out yourself!
    If you want early access to the game and haven’t got the opportunity to play it yet, check out the #BBrawl contest where you can win early access to the game.
    717B914B-2F4E-4055-8FC6-EA0E6C2DA16B.jpeg
    I’m stoked and excited to find out the story myself. Unfortunately you have to play the game to find out.

ForeverTime likes this.
  12. 4522405DASH

4522405DASH Hypercloner

Looks like this isn’t directed at me lol

13. barnadvisor

barnadvisor Well-Known Member

clony has a mouth

unacceptable

4522405DASH and AKAI2002 like this.
  14. Flamingjazz

Vicvic91 likes this.
  15. Flamingjazz

C8FAB3DF-294F-4872-9283-95684D9593AB.jpeg
    The most recent discovered scroll in Badland Brawl.
    If we take note that Victor has already told us all that Replicants are actually Clonys (assimilated by the Borg?) why would they be hanging their own rabbit? What is changing the clonys to replicants anyways? What did the rabbit prophet say?
    Feel free to check Reddit to see the rest of the discovered scrolls.
    What is going on?...

16. Flamingjazz

@Vicvic91 wanted to make sure we all knew to follow up on that comment with this picture you’re all familiar with.
    3EBCBA3F-9E42-4B2A-B954-1A5F4B4867BE.png

So couple of questions that might make you more confused.
    1. Which side is the rabbit really on?
    2. What is Clony the guardian of? Remember how @Vicvic91 mentioned clonys were the guardians, are they guardians of the rabbit? Or something else?
    3. What does the rabbit have to do with Badland Brawl?... is he like the Master Hand?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  17. Flamingjazz

For anyone who is curious, go back and play the level Guardians, and watch what’s in the background. You might notice something you haven’t seen before
    Credit goes to @barnadvisor for this one.

ForeverTime and AKAI2002 like this.
  18. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

Screenshot_2018-06-13-20-47-53.png Anywhere close?

Attached Files:

19. barnadvisor

barnadvisor Well-Known Member

AKAI2002 likes this.
  20. Flamingjazz

That is a cool screenshot though

AKAI2002 likes this.