Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

2. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Lol if that’s what you need.

Vavje likes this.
  3. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

I dunno if it's not like what happens to you but I guess that's the problem caused by ads.. for me, which amplifies the glitch or something?

4. Flamingjazz

I’ve noticed it a lot in various levels. I run on iOS so I don’t have ads.
    Specifically what happens, in a scattershot of different levels, is when your first clone dies (for the first time) after each previous death, the screen pause-glitches and then your clones can die as much as they want without it glitching until you die completely and have to reset.
    When I know this is happening in the level I’m playing, if I’m getting more than one clone, I try to have one clone die deliberately as inconveniently of a time as possible so the glitch won’t mess me up

5. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Ah, thanks for this hint. But as far as I remember the levels stayed laggy on clone deaths even after the first clones died?

And NTRT 2 made a instructional level for a workaround a while ago, I saw his level during my holidays and couldn’t find the link afterwards. Here it is: https://badland.app.link/sVRRepPBSN . Is that the behavior your talking about and does this help?

ntrt likes this.
  6. Flamingjazz

@n0phun so you’re saying if I change it to coop and back to single player and update the level, it’ll be perfectly fine?
    That’s legit

7. n0phun

NTRT2 says that, I still never made a level. So please try that and report. If he is right about the reason, perhaps Frogmind can fix this? I don’t think we had much levels with this behavior a year or so ago, always thought it was introduced by a change in the game/iOS as there was a massive increase of these levels in the last xx months, we could make a list for them if needed. But as some ED levels have this problem I think @Vicvic91 has already noted...

8. Flamingjazz

I’m going to note once you publish your level it won’t let you change game mode to coop or anything. But I would think a way around it would be to go to the level world, skip to the end, and download it there as if it was the basis for an all new level. Haven’t tried yet. But the biggest downside to that way is you would have 2 levels of the same thing in the store, not one that was updated to fix its glitchiness

9. Vavje

Is @ZEARTYSHOW flying away ?
    Played ANOMALIES from him. Really good, as usual. I bet this lvl will be in ED.
    See that pic : Is there anybody able to pass through this way in 50 tries at least ?

56C8C8F5-A9EE-44D5-BB57-728849CC4F3C.jpeg

Vicvic91 and n0phun like this.
  10. n0phun

Couldn’t pass this so far. :-/ Level looks good, yes.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  11. Vavje

Vicvic91 likes this.
  12. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

Went through this level a few times. That deadly gun obstacle is the most difficult obstacle in the level.

13. Vavje

Then, I finally hate Badland Brawl.
    However @Flamingjazz : We all need a new BadlandBrawl contest !

This is a very addictive game, but it is sorely lacking checkpoints @Vicvic91. And then I really regret that this game did not keep the chiaroscuro of badland aspect. I don't care. For participating in the "beta testing", however I decided to honor him. I started this level some time ago, and I realize that it gets very very very complicated. The towers and the counters are ready. Just to prepare the "triggers" for the battle of our dear clones.

Remains for me to perfect "lumber jackie" and it will be perfect, I hope.

If everything goes well, it will be possible to win or lose during this level. However, I need your help with the three missions. Your suggestions are welcome.

Here’s the « work in progress » teaser vid :

Special dedication to @Baksbrown @n0phun and @McSketchy And @Vicvic91 of course

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Salamandrake and n0phun like this.
  14. Flamingjazz

I'm stoked!! That level looks like it'll be amazing. You are a level making master thats for sure.
    Based on the gameplay of your level, I don't even know what to suggest for missions. I don't know what's going to be happening in the level, is it a normal Badland level still, or will it be more of a Badland Brawl minigame?
    And yes, it would have been nice to have Badland Brawl keep the same chiaroscuro.
    What kind of Badland Brawl concert do you have in mind? Like a level editor contest based on Badland Brawl or some other contest?

15. Vavje

Mini game battle between the towers. Like Bbrawl.

Salamandrake likes this.
  16. Flamingjazz

Ok so how will the minigame work then?
    I feel like I'm going to have to play this level to suggest mission opportunities. Or just see a playthrough

17. Vavje

Clones are imposed on the left tower (you). They can be controlled (touch the screen to make spider clone walking, for example, or to control the flight of the bomb drone. Yes, I did it !) At the same time, I impose other clones automatically at the right tower. You can imagine the complexity of the triggers on the screen. But it's still possible.
    Challenging

Salamandrake likes this.
  18. Flamingjazz

Maybe you can make a recording and send it to me in private conversation if you don't want everyone to see it. :P Sorry I can imagine things but you seem to have done such an amazing and complex job that it's going to be something I can't just suggest based on what you're saying... :/

19. Vavje

Of course. Keep in touch in private ;)

20. New minigame!

Squadron

My first "long" minigame, I can't really describe it. Instead of the "cut here" option, I decided to use the "follow" option this time. This allows for a longer and more engaging minigame. (Innovative, right?)

Add in some replicant-style bazookas and dangerous spears and a variety of obstacles, and it's an extremely challenging but entertaining minigame. I hope you enjoy!

Salamandrake, AKAI2002 and n0phun like this.