Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Jaakko, Sep 10, 2015.
Remember the portal lines @Jaakko? They're back
I was publishing the level. It's not published yet. I will when I get better wifi than I'm on. Too laggy of wifi, I'm afraid of the end result.
Good news is the level, when published, doesn't show those lines even when the publishing does.
Nice level! I like it.
LINEARITY is done. It ended up being a little shorter than I originally planned, and there's a lot more that I could have done with it, but I just wanted to get a version 1 out for general feedback. I recommend you play it.
One final bug to report:
I play my level. I publish my level. It's a fairly decent sized level, with many things in it.
For some reason....
In spiral v2 (every time when updating)
At the very end of my level i have a thing that turns the physics on from starting out as off. Works fine to publish. When I go to update the level, the physics for the object is now on without being triggered. The properties of that object now is the physics on. I have to turn the physics Off again for the basic properties of that object.
In "PIPES" (when updating) I turn the physics on for the switches, they move, and so as they don't explode all over the screen after moving too far (a random bug) I turn the physics off again for two of the switches.
When I update, the switches are physics off to begin with, particularly annoying because I have to play through the level again.
Only the final "physics on/off" icons of the level do this, all of the other physics icons work normally and do not change the basic properties of the objects.
See y'all in two years,(maybe) I'm excited to see what'll be new then :P
I know this can be difficult on some levels, but I really miss 2 things on the Eternal Day's levels :
. You always choose a level that you promote on Frogmind Choïce before... Please, try to make us a "surprise", discovering a new level each week on Eternal Day
. I miss variety on the 3 missions, and a lot of more... difficult : when I play a ED level, I always unlock 2/3 missions in my 1st try... In the next level, can you add a little challenge on the mission ?
Thanks you Badland Team !
I really love to play on Eternal Day !
I admit it's kind of true. A good idea would be to add it to Eternal Day and Frogmind's Choice at the same time.
I was actually expecting the mission "Collect All power-ups"...oh well...Other than that though, I don't see any other missions for now.
Challenge: Who can save 2 clones on this new Splintered? I think it's actually pretty possible!
It seems possible, but i reached the last part with 2 clones at least 5 times now and their speed seems not enough for some reason... i tried to roll them with the rock but then they separate. Maybe with some luck is possible.
Here is one of the tries.
Ouch! That was close!
How about you try with both clones normal size, thus dodging one of the small power-ups? That is originally how you are supposed to one try this level too (although I'm so n00b I couldn't do it after so many tries ). When the clones are smaller, it seems that clones move forward slower.
Yes you are right. But there is no way to dodge a small powerup. So you have to start from the crazy lasers checkpoint.
It is definitely possible, i had a very close run. You could say i saved 1.5 clones.lol
Do you have the 1 try ? I have it !
If I can survive the saws with 2 clones, think that can be possible...
Yes i do, and surviving the saws is the easy part.
Thanks @Miikka and @Johannes !
This new level "Mechanical" is fun, a really new level never seen in Frogmind Choïce and the challenge is here !
It's cool !
Hey Frogmind, I was trying to publish an incomplete version of my level Armed, but because it seemed "impossible to pass", I could not publish it.
The fact is, my level is designed such that there are certain checkpoints you have to manually restart because of overshooting the target, etc and the camera follows you at those parts.
Can you guys add an option to manually restart a checkpoint when playing through the level to publish? If not it's gonna make my level very hard to publish...
Hey, FBI Light Rock
Hmm. Tricky situation. We will not be adding any manual restart options to publish. But I would recommend adding maybe a saw or some other danger where you can kill your clones to return to previous checkpoint.
Hmmm alright since you guys have made it clear upfront I have a solution to counter this and that's to set the camera to On if you cannot pass the area. Thanks for the quick response! Will get to work!
Since I'm at it, I thought I would give some feedback using the editor over the past 1.5 months:
- Whenever events or triggers are being copied, I would prefer that all connections be reset to zero. In other words, I only want the settings of the event/trigger to be preserved.
- Enable flipping top-to-down. Many a times I want to do this to preserve a perfect symmetry of the original and the copy. So I have to manually try to match them up...
- Enable visuals to be imprinted onto physics-on obstacles. It's pretty cool.
- Open a user level in the Level World straight away in level editor without the need to complete it. It gets very tedious especially when I just need a reference to it (by grouping and saving it, or simply just understanding the way its done).
- When actively scrolling through the properties menu for an object, disable the buttons and slider. There are frustrating times where I accidentally changed something and didn't realize it, or can no longer remember the exact value anymore.
- Add the capability to add a specified length of blank space mid-level so that I don't have to highlight everything in front of it and manually shift it, which may not only disrupt the positioning of the obstacles, but also may cause extreme lagginess.
- Correct the last time modified of your user levels to user's time zone.
Are there also coming new coop levels from level world? Like single player eternal day and like versus.