Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Jaakko, Sep 10, 2015.
Oh, and again, what is 0 hits? It looks more like a fature than a bug.
Also, I love the level editor. Hope you can smooth out all the problems with it!
BUG the on off event does not work with the set value event.
FEEDBACK make the button be able to connect to more than just one thing, cause I have to put area triggers inside of them for some things to work.
FEEDBACK make a re upload function, in order to balance it you might delete all tata like ratings or playthroughs. (Im asking because I did a huge level overhaul and I dont want to just update it. The uptdate feature itself doesent work)
FEEDBACK make a search by name feature so when we tell our friend about our levels they can easyly find them
FEEDBACK allow us to view lvl stats without having to play through first
BUG: I don't understand what you mean, can you give us a sample screenshot of such a bugged logic system?
FEEDBACK 1: I agree. But for now working multiple area triggers is fine. But for buttons...
FEEDBACK 2: Not entirely necessary, you can copy your whole level, save as a group, and then paste it to a whole new blank level. Of course, background is a problem and the game will lag horribly depending how big your level is...
FEEDBACK 3: You can just type the name in the search field and the author's levels will pop up too. Of course, if there are levels of the same name as the author, they will also pop up...
FEEDBACK 4: Huh? It's already possible. Jusr pause the game when you start the level and press Stats. What I want on the other hand, is the ability to jump straight into opening the level in editor without playing it to the end...
Uhhhh I cant do screenshots... but here is a description.
There is a branch with a hold value variable connected to its hit nothing setting. The value holder is set to 0.1 making it noclip by default. Then a set value event connects to that and is set to set the value to 0. I have an on off event connected to it set to toggle but it doesent send through the signal. However it is also connected to a laser, which turns on normally. And when I have the set value connected to a separate trigger it works just fine. The only thing that doesent work is the on off variable and set value variable connection. And thanks for the awesomly done reply!
Except nobody is able to answer 0 HITS. Seriously I go to my levels in the level world and this shows up instead.
I can't save my levels! Please help!!! Always i click close level, level are not auto-saveing!!!! Why?
So I'm working on a shinier and longer version of PROXIMITY. As part of it, I'm trying to create a spawner for the small balls with the proximity launcher. Every time I try to test the level, it crashes. Is there a way around this?
I would like to be able to move fillers and particles, could this be implemented, or is it already possible?
You can tie particles to really small objects and move the object. Not sure about fillers.
There is option in the right menu where you can desactive some things : fillers, powerups, etc
I have the same problem with spawners.
EDIT: Using my good old Nexus 4^^
Probably not all that useful, but I'd like to see gradients for filler objects (for diy Badland water and lighting effects)
Events can send signals forward to other events, making them happen simultaneously. No need for extra triggers. ;)
Ios 8.3 on an iPhone 4s :
If you turn on x-ray vision (the 2 overlapping circles icon) and change the density of an object and test the level with x-ray on, the one object you changed density on will remain translucent in game
When the clone dies with a joint still attached to it, this can cause the game to freeze (see "Rollerclone")
When you lock any object layer and unlock it text boxes become unselectable
Powerups are sometimes invisible when they are out of a spawners
Snap tool for filler objects/background objects
Player number detection in trigger zones for multiplayer
The "change visibility of objects" event doesn't do anything...?
Some preventive measures for plagarism (see "Tap and Enjoy!")
- I have known this bug for a very long time, would be nice to fix, but all you need to do is to stop the test and replay it again, and this will be fixed.
- Would be nice to fix, this affects the playability of my level Armed as well. One workaround is to continuously check whether ONE clone exists, in very short intervals, like 0.02s. If one clone doesn't exist (I.e. you died and the screen starts to fade), disable the joint(s) to the clone. Check out Frogmind's Centipede to understand how to create that logic.
- Oh this bug! Discovered it recently. For now, quitting the level and opening it again is the only workaround.
- Spawning powerups tend to be buggy, but it seems that it works much better now, given Eternal Day's Aero Dynamic uses it just fine. (@333mmcc Bio Mass does it ok as well)
- Never tried doing that before, but it'll be great to include nevertheless!
- This would be a nice co-op feature! But...what would happen if you assign player 3 and there are only 2 players? I never tried doing co-op or versus levels before, so forgive me for asking...
- It only works for background objects, not foreground objects (On layer 1). Basically it makes the background objects disappear and appear.
- This has been raised up a long time ago since the level editor was released. This issue is made slightly better with the suffix (COPY) appended to the back. But players can simply rename it, or delete/add some stuff that aren't gameplay changes and call it their level. How different must a level be to be truly considered a product of their own? It's possible to append the word (COPY) to the back ONLY after they upload the stolen level back to the level world to claim it as their own, yes, but some people have legitimately made enough modifications to a downloaded level to create a different experience. (Take Eternal Day's Many Bless for example) It's not fair to them to label it a copy, implying it's a blatant copy. Just like piracy, plagiarism is rampant and cannot be stopped. People will find ways to circumvent the measures put in place.
I don't know if this is the right place to report a bug, but I think I found one. I was looking at levels in the top rated section, and while looking at the levels, the first three showed that they had a five star rating. But when I clicked on a level and looked, it said some of them actually had 3.5 or 4 out of 5 stars. I'm not sure which one is correct, but one of them should be fixed.
Please reply to my question!!!
On all my new levels, camera does not kill is turned on by default, and it seems impossible to have the clones die when they go off the screen in any of the new levels that I make
A spawner spawning an object jointed to another object crashes the game...
That's strange, my mechanical mice (which had many joints in it) spawn fine in Hexangonal. But they do like to insert a random part of the mice into the level the second time you play it (or after going back to edit mode), so that's also a bug.
I encountered this in the past though when experimenting with emitters (which I discovered the powerup bug at that time). They could had fixed it. Do you still encounter it today?