COPIERS THAT COPY MY LEVELS!!!!

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Pierre Miguel Gayo, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Pierre Miguel Gayo

Pierre Miguel Gayo Elite Member

I HATE WHEN THEY COPY MY LEVELS!

2. Pierre Miguel Gayo

A copier that copied my level adventurer! 20161218_184338.png

3. Pierre Miguel Gayo

My level starts with a big power up
    My level: 20161218_184512.png
    His level: (IDK if you can see the big power up) 20161218_184408.png

4. Pierre Miguel Gayo

HE ALSO HAS THE DESIGN OF MY LEVEL!
    MY LEVEL HAVE SPIKY VENOM BALLS
    My level: 20161218_184603.png His level: 20161218_185051.png

5. Pierre Miguel Gayo

HE ALSO HAS THE FLAT SAW BLADE
    My level: 20161218_184530.png His level: 20161218_184427.png

6. Pierre Miguel Gayo

HE ALSO TRIED TO RECREATE THE LITTLE SPIKE BALL DISPENSER
    My level: 20161218_184639.png His level: 20161218_184450.png

7. Pierre Miguel Gayo

8. Pierre Miguel Gayo

HE ALSO COPIED THE STYLE OF MY ENDING PIPE! MINE HAS SPIKY BALLS AND GE ALSO HAS IT!
    (I am too lazy to take a picture )

9. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Please, CALM DOWN.

Copying is a very well-known problem in the Level World. We here at the forums have been arguing for Eternal Days (Pun intended :mrgreen:), with many proposing solutions to solve the ever persisting problem. Some claim the downloading of levels shouldn't even be allowed.

But in my own view, copying is totally legitimate as people have made many great spin-offs to the original levels. It's how levels get developed and expanded on further.

In your very specific case, I would actually be pretty happy instead! He didn't blatantly copy your level, he took your ideas and remixed them! That's one thing I enjoy of the level world, they give ideas to people! Think about it, the flat saw blade you featured wasn't original neither, you took that idea from elsewhere too.

You should honestly be happy about it - he made the level from scratch using YOUR IDEAS - that proves your ideas are leaving a legacy in the level world! I know his ideas aren't polished (I mean the design of his level pales compared to yours), but you've got a follower! You got a fanbase! :)

Ok, so even if that isn't enough to convince you its a good thing, here's the ultimate: So your ADVENTURER got into Eternal Day. But will his do the same? NEVER! So you are the role model of all these novel ideas that everyone else is following! :)

Baksbrown likes this.
  10. Pierre Miguel Gayo

Ok then

11. Pierre Miguel Gayo

I feel like a kid now

12. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

It's ok, I can understand how it feels like when your own work (which does entitle you to its copyright) is copied. But just calm down and think of the good side of it. :)

I thought it'll be of relevance to quote what @Vicvic91 said last time about the copying of his own created levels in the past:

Baksbrown, InterludeDude and Vicvic91 like this.
  13. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

I only see copying as a problem if people don't know the original creator. I would be very ticked off if someone copied my levels directly and got popular because of it. But checking out levels in the editor is fun! I learned a lot from others' levels, and I don't want people like Voltiac to be able to ban the Open in Editor option just out of fear of being copied (but Voltiac's levels are very easy to spot, this isn't much of a problem to them). Simply banning this option isn't a good idea, instead, people should be automatically shown the original. If I make a level using a level from CUBE MAN, and someone else uses my version, this person's level would either tell you about both previous levels, or just CUBE MAN's.

So I'm secretly hoping someone copies me. Not directly, of course. Then it means people really do like my levels!

14. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

Ah-hah! Good idea, InterludeDude. :) But what if a copier copies a copied lvl?(Wait a minute... good tongue twister idea.)

15. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Actually, you copied a bit of things as well(I hope that doesn't tick you off), such as the weird thingy from OBLIVION and Nova9's saw(original design!)

The thing is, you should just be grateful that he didn't copy your FULL lvl. And that's why I get ticked off sometimes.

16. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

This kind of thing definitely happened to me with the level "Tap and Enjoy!". I've gotten over it.
    "To copy others is necessary, but to copy oneself is pathetic."
    "Good artists copy, great artists steal. "
    -Picasso

InterludeDude likes this.
  17. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Ahah ! We know him. This copier is the best one ! One level per day in the everage.
    A few day, one of my ED level was copied identically by Mr "Do it if you can". Hehe ! And I saw my Smuggler monster in several levels too.
    But yes, we can be proud of this ! And I agree with @Pizzaandy Picasso quotes.

18. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Some levels makers hide the signature deeply in the edges (with hidden icons group), then appears with axes event.
    Like in it (you can copy it. Hehe !) :
    https://badland.app.link/9jgzIRjsez
    No guarantees. But it could discourage nooby copiers.
    Whatever, I'm sure : We can trust Frogmind. There's no way to see a copier in ED or Choices.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  19. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Actually, we may not... someone copied a DLUAI lvl, added things to it, didn't mention his name, and called it "Run". It got into frogmind's choice. The original didn't however. I liked the lvl, but I hate it when people copy without mentioning the original creator. Might not be exactly copying when considered.

However, I'm sure we can convince Frogmind to edit one's lvl, or something like that. But it's OK. Mistakes happen.

20. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

I not really agree with the Run level from DoYouEvernis. Yes his level was a copy of DLUAI first one, but he added so much more powerups and speedcontrol that the levels was better than the original. that's why I promoted this one.
    After that, he published Run 2 who was a total inedit level by reusing the same monster crafted by Dluai, and this new level was very fun too ! ;)

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL likes this.