Darkness

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

[​IMG]

DARKNESS

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

I just did a 23 clones saved run through DARKNESS.
    I'm fairly happy about that. :D
    Of course Everyplay somehow managed to completely screw up the upload yet again...

3. Ben Thumbs

What's the trick here for the Collect all Powerups Mission?

[​IMG]

4. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Use your 1 square clone and stick him to the sticky thing with the button. Then fly him (and the sticky thing he's stuck to) to the saw. It will stop the bottom saw and you should have 5 or so circle ones left at that point. Of course you only need to roll 1 if them through.

5. Ben Thumbs

Thanks, got it! :clap:

6. Wheat1328

Any tips for the ending when your super bouncy other than be really small and even more lucky? No matter what I try I can only get 16 on this level. Almost to the throw my phone point. :x

7. Ben Thumbs

Yeah it's tough and I certainly didn't use any 'tricks' when I got my 23 here.
    I just played it through (and must of had a big dose of luck) and was surprised to find that figure was well out in front in the clone saves spreadsheet at the time. I see now that ogster has matched my 23 and grandmort has managed 21.

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if there's an ideal size for your clones at the bouncy part. Is it just me or does it seem like the clones bounce crazier if you're too small?

9. Wheat1328

Well Oblivion hates you Lunartic. This level hates me.

10. ogster

ogster Elite Member

they do seem to bounce more when smaller. i would think it's a trade off between how many can cleanly go through the gaps and how less bouncy they'll be. i opted for the smaller variation and just left it to chance.

11. Wheat1328

Yeah, doesn't seem to matter what I do. I can't even get past 16 now. :cry:

12. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Hey Chico! :D Just wondering why did you pass the part where you are supposed to use one square clone to stop the bottom saw with the square clone? I mean, after that there's no threat of clone being killed (But only left or pushed behind). As shown in your video, wouldn't they get stuck in the background at the enlarging bubbles part? And then after that there's a portal that turns them all back to their normal rounded selfs. May I know what's the rationale behind why you brought square clones to the end?

13. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Because by going square you can dodge the size powerup at that part ( you can also do it with normal format but it's harder) and at the deadly black bubbles you can get pass with more clones when you are square, so even if you change back to normal format, you can get through that part with more clones ( there was one run where i got 7 clones ;) ) they all died in the explosion at the finale but it could have been a gold run.

So both formats are good, but i prefer square specifically because of the bubbles part.