Districts

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Wheat1328, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

DISTRICTS

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Wheat1328

ogster - I'm super impressed you got 32 here! That means you got 8 through the portion where you're square going through the stickys right? Not to mention getting that same 8 though the saw-shooter thing right after the SLOW-TIME powerups. Not sure how you pulled either of those off, let alone both. Any tips? If you're still taking video requests this one gets my vote. :lol:

3. Wheat1328

Bump. Any input ogster?

4. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Don't know how ogster did it, of course. I nearly got 30 today, I lost 5 in the last part where time is stopped. I overlooked that they didn't start with the rest just before the superclone. At least it was another missing 1-try. Made 29 in another try, more should not be too hard, just enough tries.

I'm going to the saw-shooter thing smallest size possible, taking no big powerups and all small ones. It's harder to push the flying wheel to the button then, but still doable. At the saw-shooter thing up up up when the biggest part of them is under the gap. Best I had was 8, but more is possible. Had 6 in my 29-run, I even missed one small powerup and took one big like an idiot. Despite being two sizes bigger than necessary I got all 6 square through the stickys, wonder how many would fit there being in right size. Lost one at the last portal. Dreaming of 10+ through the saw-shooter.

5. ogster

ogster Elite Member

the saw shooter (is that what we're calling it) is where the action is. i come in as small as possible. i try to bunch them up real good by laying them down just as the projectiles shoot by them above. i get them moving again with careful timing just as a projectile flies by. the next projectile will break the bunch up. when you get lucky, you might have a small bunch left with 8 or more. they won't stay bunched for long either but it's easier to get a good number through that stage. i say "easier" to mean "a notch less frustratingly dificult". now keep them together the rest of the way. avoid speed power-ups though that is not very critical. when approaching the teleporter to the stickies, bunch them up together one more time on the ceiling before entering to avoid a sticky as you enter. navigate carefully through the stickies. then, just don't screw things up the rest of the way.

i'll see about a video very soon.

cheers, all.

6. Wheat1328

Yeah... I've been trying all evening. Apparently I'm an idiot and can't figure this out. I think a video is my only hope here.

Edit: I managed to get 8 through this morning but couldn't get through the portal sticky ball area.

7. ogster

ogster Elite Member

it's a lot harder now than i remember. i can't even get 5 through the saw shooter. well, you managed 8 so you know it's possible.

8. Wheat1328

Yeah. I got 11 through once too but other than that and the one time getting 8 I haven't gotten more than 5 either. I improved slightly but now I've put this level aside for a while.

9. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I've comfortably got 4 clones through the massive saw slaughter area before twice, but screwed at that spikeball arena once, then another time got 3 through but didn't get that superclone powerup on that unfreeze time button (Pretty dangerous button, uh? :P ). I would really like to try again real soon! Hopefully I'll nail it this time.

Just have to somehow gently get jettison out of that portal to turn you square to not touch those floating spikeballs. Any advice?

10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Retried this level, and managed to squeeze more clones out of that saw clone-slaughter area. :P There was once I got easily (As in it was luck, but you know what i mean :P ) more than 10 clones :o :o :o through (Though I didn't felt comfortable with too many, so I just pulled 5 clones through. Actually 6, 1 got left behind though :( ), but screwed it up later for a 28 clone count at the end. The next attempt I squeezed out 7 clones through, but screwed it all up at that brutal spikeball arena.

You need to be able to keep a portion of the cluster still intact after being hit by the projectile, and pull them up at the right time later when the projectile clears the exit path. In my attempt where I easily got more than 10 through, about 2 or 3 more clones continued to leak past the exit even after the main cluster I intended went through.
    I didn't let them through though, since the main cluster will risk being left behind from the scrolling screen.

I can now see a possible 35+ clones...

11. Wheat1328

The problem becomes the more you get through the saw, the more you have to get through the portal sticky area. I've twice gotten 8 to the stickyies. It's hard. Not sure how ogster pulled that off. So to me, 32 is very close to the limit. I'd question 35 being possible.

12. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i always try to enter the portal with a downward trajectory. try to stay high and drop as you enter the portal. the plan is the clones drop to the floor right after. i avoid the first sticky better this way. now i don't remember if this helps to avoid any of the remaining stickies. i suspect it doesn't and actually makes it harder. the clones are lined up instead of bunched tight.

i always have a sigh of relief when i clear this area. then i set my mind and pray i don't screw things up picking up the 10s later on.