Gears

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

GEARS

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

I had a target of 30 clones here for GEARS, but have only been able to manage 29 clones (about 5 frickin times... :cry: )

The ending is heartbreaking!

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

29 is really good! The end is brutal. I managed 33 by getting as small as I possibly could. Don't waste your time restarting that last checkpoint over and over (at least I couldn't get that to go well)

4. Ben Thumbs

Well it's not terrible. :lol: It would be great to round it off to 30 but I'll leave that for if I ever go chasing the 2500 clone mark.

Yeah I worked out very quickly that trying to checkpoint the end was a waste of time.

5. twiki

twiki Active Member

I'm not getting anything over 12 here...

Is it better to be bouncy or not bouncy through the final gears/pistons?

Also - any way of skipping any of the speed ups or enlargers en-route?

6. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Definitely helps to be not bouncy. You could better bunch up your clones at the end (Gears and pistons area). It's very easy to avoid the bouncy power-up too, though you will most likely sacrifice the superclone power-up there too, but there's more of them at the final part, so there's no point. Anyway, you'll probably lose a lot at the next portion with full of gears as well.

It may be possible to skip one size-up that is together with another one through a pretty small passage, but it may be very hard. I doubt skipping a speed-ups, but it doesn't matter since the problem, like what many others said, is not the screen, but the overwhelming thrust sometimes given without the proper control to the clones in front that pushes them way ahead of the rest of the pack.

I only base these observations on watching the video playthrough of this level, but I believe my Badland experience over quite some time will suffice in my detailing.

7. Ben Thumbs

Yeah definitely better to not be bouncy at the end there. The hardest part for me is trying not to get 1 or 2 clones ahead of the pack which fast forwards the screen and ruins the run, again and again and again...