Haste

Discussion in 'DAY II' started by Wheat1328, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

HASTE

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Just got the perfect 43 clones here :o

3. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Woh! That's awesome.
    I spent about 20 minutes on Haste the other night and the best I could manage was 18... :lol:
    I'm still struggling to get the first two missions for it also.

4. Ben Thumbs

Managed to get 37 clones here and can see how to improve on that slightly but I waste so many runs trying to get past here:

[​IMG]

Any tips for increasing the success rate through here?

5. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

I tried yesterday, but could not come up with a better way than in Wheat's video (linked above) and grandmort's (I linked that in the spreadsheet). Just reached 37, so I'll need many, many runs to improve further. :-( I lose some at the blower most times, and I'm so cautious at the buttons not to lose some there that I miss them sometimes.

6. Ben Thumbs

I ended up improving to 38 clones but it's still a tough level for me. I found the best way to get through that blower/saw section was to go as slow as possible before it (get as close to dying at the left of the screen as you can).

7. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Thanks. OTOH, I also often lose clones just before that. This needs lots of training for me. I'll try again later, have to drop the more time-consuming levels for now.

The level hates me back, tries to kill even the last lonely clone:
    [​IMG]

8. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I got terribly lucky and somehow got 40 clones saved on my Android device. I don't think I'll replicate the attempt any time too soon...tried to improve it to Matt's 43...no luck...

I'll wait for my iPad Mini to arrive (Well, not that I ordered it yet :P ) and see if there might be any hope! My iTouch 4G won't make the mark, obviously. It feels like it's resisting my touches.

I can see how Matt might be able to make his 43 clone attempt. To pass the troublesome part Lunartic mentioned, you just have to follow the flow, but just before the blower, release and rest your clones on the level pipe platform for a brief moment (~0.5 seconds) before continuing. Doesn't have to be at the extreme left of the screen before taking flight again. I often get 2 clones across the blower using this method.

9. Ben Thumbs

Oh man that screenshot is brutal! :o :lol: At least it was only 1 clone that got smashed and not 40+.

10. Ben Thumbs

Thanks for sharing the additional tactics FBI, every little bit helps with this one.