Level Editor - Youtube Tutorials

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Miikka, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Are these videos going to be available with the update to the public?

2. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

Atleast some will be. And I will keep recording new stuff and probably re-record the older videos that seem important.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  3. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Hey @Miikka, I need your help !

I don't understand why, but in my LONELY level there is a bug and I don't know how to fix it :/

When my principal clone (with the arrow in his head) pass a portal zone (01. to 02. for exemple), his arrow bugging and don't appears exactly at the top of his head...

Can you look at it and explain me how to fix it ?
    Thanks ! :)

image.jpg image.jpg

4. Vicvic91

Hey @Miikka !

Can you explain me the secret of this effect in STUCK with a video tutorial ?
    I want to make the same with saw :)

Thanks !
    image.jpg

5. Vicvic91

Hey @Miikka !
    It's me, again ! :)

Can you explain me with a video how to change the clone movement ?
    I want him to jump (like Geometry Dash or Mario), but no fly...

With the Game Logic event I don't see how to disable flying mode...

Thanks ! :)

6. Vicvic91

How to make a laser that run and rotate only when I touch screen ?
    Something like in this intro :
    image.jpg

7. Miikka

Lot of great stuff and good questions @Vicvic91 :)

I try to fit them all in tutorial videos, but here is some fast explanations:

1. In lazer tunnel each lazer is tracking the position between player and lazer turret. Lazer has also property of the beam length which is linked to value that is always less than the position between player and turret.

2. It might be hard to make the character behave in new way. With gamelogic node there is option "DISABLE CONTROLS" which when you activate the player won't fly anymore. Then you could use joints with player to emulate some kind of jump movement but I have feeling that it might not work as good as super mario.

3. This can be achieved with touch trigger. Link lazer pointer to object that has a rotate joint which motor value changes from the touch. I try to make a good example in the video.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  8. Vicvic91

I just published a level TEST GRAVITY :
    I don't understand why there is a end on my movement ? I don't put any limit, and this movement stop to run when the clone is near the distance of the portal ...
    But why ? Canot be an infinite movement who beggin to the start and finish at the end of the level ?
    I haved this problem in Ghost Train and Porthole, so I maked "zones"...

If someone can help me :)
    @Miikka @Johannes :)

9. Miikka

Hey. In the game all the nodes and objects are actually de-activated as player has passed them. This is possible the cause of movement stop. To avoid this problem you can activate "Keep alive" from node properties to keep it active even when player has passed it.

10. Miikka

Vicvic91 likes this.
  11. Vicvic91

A question with this new trigger : is it possible to make it "alive" only when Clony pass in a zone ?
    So Clony fly at the beggining, then he hurt the car and colapse with it, and then you drive the car ?

12. Miikka

Hehe. You could leave the trigger un-active at start and use enabler event to activate the trigger at some point. But bigger challenger might be connecting the clony to the car in middle of the game.

You could maybe make a box that traps the clone and then activates the car logic.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  13. Flamingjazz

@Miikka Back when you were doing the variables videos, you decided not to do a video explaining the "look at" variable because it was possible you were going to change it.
    Has it been changed, and can you do a short explanation on how to use it? If it is what I am guessing, it might have a practical use in my level, but I want to see what you have to say about it.

14. Miikka

Hey, It is still the same. And looks like it is going to stay that way. I'll try to make a video about it soon (tomorrow). What kind of case do you have in your level?

15. Miikka

Aaand here it is. "LookAt"-variable explained.

"Look At"-variable Tutorial

16. Flamingjazz

Thanks @Miikka, helps!
    Wanting to implement in my level with a few quirky fun things.

Miikka likes this.
  17. Vicvic91

Hi @Miikka !

I have a bad issue on my level ANTIGRAVITY and I need your expertise...
    Maybe I miss a step ?

My problem is :
    . In all my level, rocks go up with ANTIGRAVITY
    . But in this part, I need to make GRAVITY, so I try to desactivate my touch-trigger that control ANTIGRAVITY (greenzone)

When I pass this greenzone (in 1 try on the beggining of my level), it doesn't desactivate it
    When I restart on the checkpoint, one time the greenzone disable ANTIGRAVITY, other time the greenzone do anithong (and I don't know why
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg

If I move the greenzone, including the checkpoint :
    . In 1 try : ANTIGRAVITY still activated (and the ship on next screen disapear going up
    . When I restart on checkpoint : ANTIGRAVITY is desactivated and all is good with my ship

Here is my configuration :

image.jpg image.jpg

Can you found where is the problem ?
    Thanks again for your help !

:)

18. Miikka

@Vicvic91 This is unfortunate. If it works well from the checkpoint but not from the beginning it smell like a bug.

I tried to replicate your system. And it seems to work fine in my level. I published my replication "vicvic-here" you can go take look at it. I will remove it later today. There is rock that you can push with gravity until two mines mark the spot that will deactivate the touch trigger.

One thing that I noticed was that if I were touching screen when I entered triggerzone, gravitor was left on.

19. Vicvic91

@Miikka you resolved my problem !
    So here was why sometime Antigravity was not disable...

To resolve it, I've disable controls before this green-zone and enable controls when clony is on the zone : now it's good !

Thanks for your help !
    And for your level too :)

20. Miikka