Objects react to camera

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by Stef, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Stef

Stef New Member

Hi! So I was thinking is it possible for an object(in this case a visual effect from those that change color) to be activated when the camera enters an area but not the player. I mean for example if the player enters a time portal between that portal and the other end of the portal where the player is gonna go out you know how the camera moves but the player is not there like it skips forward in time(because after all this is the reason for a time portal). But I was thinking can I put a zone in there and when the camera but not the player enters that zone I mean when it'visible on screen that object is enabled so in this case the color is changed(in the background I mean). So is this possible?

2. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Check out Quad in Eternal day. The very first portal. Is it something like this for the camera moves ?

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

No it is not possible. Your best bet is to assume clony stays in the middle of the screen when that happens so that you can place the trigger area as appropriate.

4. Stef

Stef New Member

Ok so not like that portal in quad(time type portal not the square one)which is in quad and I can't make sure clony is in the middle because he is not on screen at all when I want the colors to activate. Is there any other way to activate them except using a time trigger?

5. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

You can't use the camera to trigger events for sure. So yeah, find your own alternatives. :)

6. 4522405DASH

4522405DASH Hypercloner

My alternative is to use the area trigger :)

7. Edwardaffek

Edwardaffek New Member

I need to upgrade my Webcam so I can scan larger objects. Is the DAVID camera going to be optimal for 1m-2m objects, or should a different camera/lens be considered?