Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

wait, ist there some sort of collab goin on?
    can i participate?

2. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Of course !
    Check the #VFC level I maked to see how you can collab :)

3. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

so, it is my turn already?

EDIT: ah, i see. but, the limit is 15 dec. how?

4. Vicvic91

The new limit is 15 january :)

Super zwerver likes this.
  5. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

Already finished! :D
    The name is #VFC MisterM
    I am pretty satisfied with it.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  6. Vicvic91

Great transition part !
    I will add it in Unity :)

MisterM likes this.
  7. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

Nice!
    can i make more parts?

8. Vicvic91

You can make them, I will choose the bests ! :)

9. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

But will only one be used?
    or will multiple be used?

10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

MisterM, I really like your sense of design. Simple but beautiful. With good gameplay ideas, I think you have potential to be a great level maker! :)

Haha, could really use your help in the visual department of Hexangonal. :mrgreen:

I believe Vicvic said bests, so great ones will be featured!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  11. Vicvic91

Try to make them all different, but always with hexagons !

And if you can make a part with a trigger button to activate a mechanism, it will be great ! :)

12. Super zwerver

Super zwerver Well-Known Member

Wow amazing level. I really like it. One of my favorites! I think you can be really proud of yourself (; good job. I really like the clock, trigger machine (4 triggers) and of course the 6 moving hexagons. Good job fbi! Gonna find tomorrow the secrets. image.png

FBI Light Rock likes this.
  13. Super zwerver

Its now a little bit late for me, so tomorrow i can tell more about this lvl and i gonna try to do the missions.

14. FBI Light Rock

Thank you! Please tell me if you find some parts too hard, like how Vicvic has feedback that the big clock may be hard to understand (I'm making the change now - it will no longer be compulsory to pass with an intact minute hand, BUT you will be disadvantaged if you don't pass it intact).

I'm happy my level got into the Top Rated section of the Level World - so far it's ahead of most levels in there with more plays but a consistently high rating! :)

This will spur me on to finish up what I started! Thanks for all the support guys! :mrgreen:

15. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

Thank you :D I'd like to help you on your part!

And vicvic, I messes up the quote, but I'll see what I make, still learning the triggers.

16. Vicvic91

Hey @Miikka :

Will you publish another level in Eternal Day this week ?
    Possible to get 3 new levels in the same week ?

Thanks ! :)

17. Super zwerver

1.The design is perfect, i like you use the same object as the basic of your level. Really cool. Its like a artwork!
    2.Its is a hard level for the beginners, but it is not a doomsday level. It possible to do it in 3-5 tries. So not to easy and not to hard, so it isnt boring or annoying at all. Good job! :)
    3.The first time, it took a lot of time to discover how it works (the clock and the 5 buttons/triggers before the moving traingles. But when you know how it all work, it is not really hard anymore. I can do the clock part in just one try (o yeah!!!:mrgreen:)
    4. The end is a different part than the rest of your level, you have to be fast in this part.
    5. I cant save more clonies than 10. Only the last powerup can help me to save more clones than just one.
    6. Every zone has a amazing part/machine and you have to find a way to go further. I have no idea how you made it. Wow every part/machine is amazing, WOW!
    7. i think that i know two secrets, but i have no idea how to be there:
    photo_2016-01-07_23-25-06.jpg
    I think there is inside something. But I have no idea how to go inside.
    8. coming soon!?!?!? Can't wait for more!!!
    9. When you have finished this level, i think your level will be part of frogmind choice! This level is amazing, i can see you spend a lot of time on it!
    10. So this level is a amazing hard (not to hard) level. Nobody have made a level like this, so the orginality is 10 of 10 points. Maybe you can add more particles to let us show what we need to do and where we need to do something. When i start playing this level, I didnt understand how the clock works. But now it is really easy. Maybe you can add more ways to save more clones, because now i cant save more than 10 clones. But you dont have to change your level, because the level already is great! 9/10 points!!!

Good job, cant wait for more :)
    (SFMBE = sorry for my bad enlish)

FBI Light Rock likes this.
  18. Super zwerver

I think that frogmind is a little bit busy now, because there arent new frogmind choice levels and they are not so much on the forum right now. Maybe they are making new updates for badland 2. BTW about Eternal day, your level is really cool! Well done! You made a completely other level than your last levels, but i really like it! Thanks for making this awesome levels Vicvic, you made your levels with love, time and fun!

19. FBI Light Rock

Yeah, it was how the whole level was born. Thanks to Vicvic for the unique shape - or perhaps, the perfect shape! :) The characteristics of the hexagon such as its geometry (being conposed of triangles) and the other square pieces sticking out made ideas pretty easy to generate.

One try is entirely possible even with the difficulty now, but I am trying to make it a little easier and definitely clearer to understand. With additional parts still coming, one try is going to become much harder, so it's important to keep it balanced.

Oh yes, the clock was a problem. I was really worried about that clock. With the upcoming update there should be a hint on what not to do. But either way, it will no longer be compulsory to pass that part unscathed, but you will be penalized. The 5 buttons is another problem. The last unpressable button activated by the other 4 will be made more obvious after the other 4 are activated in the next update.

Yeah that's where the speedrun is supposed to start. In the end, it won't be the final speedrun but the next update will make this part more fun to play! :)

Discovering the secrets will make it easier to one try, get smaller, and save more clones too! :)

Lots of brainstorming while I was free at work, and the 5 button part was lucky because I dreamt about BADLAND and an imaginery Vicvic made level. :mrgreen: The initial idea was horrible when I tried to implement it, but somehow I experimented, got lucky and tada! :)

One of the secrets is in plain sight (the part after the floating cubes and before the 2 cubes fall off), but the question is, what will open it up? o_O
    Damn, you are sharp! I should delete your picture haha! :mrgreen: But either way, you must be of a smaller size to enter it. I think I remember 2 size down is fine, though you will struggle to enter it. Also, if you want to reap the benefit of it, you must also have 2 clones before that secret!

Oh yeah! :) I still have a couple of ideas at hand, waiting to be implemented! Just that now I'm a little tied up with BADLAND 2 and my work...:( Hmm, ok, I'll give you a little teaser on the next section that is already up! :)
    Screenshot_2016-01-08-18-07-48.png

I really hope so! If not I would have made another white elephant like Armed. :mrgreen:

I'm per say, not that satisfied with the difficulty rating. I would prefer to bring it down to around 3.5. 4 and above I would classify doomsday difficulty. I don't want to become another present Bones and Ice! :mrgreen:

Wherever there is something that requires a bit more exploration, I should had particles there to guide you. The only part was the clock which is the obstacle I worry most.

In the upcoming speedrun parts, there will be a lot more clones to save! In fact, I just added 10 more to the existing parts. :)

Super zwerver likes this.
  20. FBI Light Rock

Ok never mind, Hexangonal #VFC has just been updated! Full changes elaborated below:
    - New section added! Saws that drop from their upper catch to their lower catch! Enjoy the little catchy details (literally). :mrgreen:
    - The hint to the clock part has been added just before the clock part. The hint clock will always lose its minute hand no matter what, which kinda mirrors the big clock when its minute hand is exposed to the lasers.
    - It is no longer compulsory to keep the minute hand alive in the big main clock! But if you fail to keep it alive, it will be like restarting at the speedrun section, except you didn't die.
    - The last button trigger now clearly shows up after the 4 buttons are pressed.
    - The collision trigger with the hexagon to release the necessary clone power up has been changed to a more obvious button trigger.
    - The speedrun portion is now a lot more fun: Slower time, more clones, and smaller clones! (Tip: You can try to avoid some of the bad power ups on the entry to the next zone! It might help you save 11 clones easier!)
    - Minor aesthetic changes, such as reducing the text size of the level name and author at the start.

Super zwerver and Vicvic91 like this.