Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

While the second idea would makes the level feel more natural, it is very difficult to calibrate the fake clone to act like a real one.

A good improvisation on the 1st one would be to fade the screen to black at the end, disable controls and make a portal suddenly appear underneath (but you can't see it because the screen is total black) which teleports it to the clone powerups. This will induce slight delay in the ending of the level (making it longer than 20 seconds) though.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  2. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

That's a good idea! How do I control emitters? (Sorry I'm so bad at these sorts of tech)

3. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

I feel like the fake clone would feel unnatural however you may try to make it...
    I was thinking the clone score idea was good! If someone can set up a system where at the end of the level a number of clones are given as score, that would open up an array of possibilities (score based minigames?)

Vicvic91 likes this.
  4. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Freaky cool idea @FBI Light Rock ! :)
    I'm wondering if the powerup emmiter will bug the level or not...
    An alternative idea could be to open a close box with a clone powerup for each buton activated, but it's maybe more difficult to create than just counting how many button are activated to emit the good number of clones.

5. Vicvic91

A new kind of levels is coming !
    Check @CUBE MAN OFFICIAL portfolio in Badland, there is a lot of great mini game ideas : Eternity Fall, Dodge and Quadrants are my top 3.
    A kind of Versus levels in a solo player mode, or like the BL2 online levels.

There is also another great minigame level I really love : Wheelofdie by KPbICC https://bnc.lt/bttc/e1FOkaBDIr

6. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

IMG_0012.PNG
    I would do something like this @CUBE MAN OFFICIAL where the button turns on the emmitter, then a timer and another event turn it off again.

7. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Thank you for noticing how much creativity I put in those.

8. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

I tried to do it but it didn't work! When I rush through the buttons the sequence can't work fast enough so when I press 7 buttons I end up with only 6 artificial clones!!!

Personally the portal idea is a little too much for me. (I think points are a better idea).

9. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

I can't practically safe your score with the tools that the game uses.

10. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

also, the fake clones don't count on the clone score! WHAT DO I DO :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

11. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

We weren't suggesting that you use fake clones to count the score, just that the fake clone that you control presses the buttons, while the real clones are hidden and count the score.

12. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

If it doesn't work fast enough, instead of doing it in real time, at the end of the game, you could turn it on for an amount of time so that you get your final score in clones.

And what do you mean that points are a better idea? You need to convert it into clones so that the score can be saved by badland.

13. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

I'll tell you when I implement it.

14. FBI Light Rock

I've worked out the logic and uploaded the completed version! I decided to rename it "Button Roulette" because I think that's a better name. :mrgreen:

As mentioned, I'll take the level off the level world once Cube Man has updated it. :)

Sheepy likes this.
  15. Vicvic91

image.jpeg
    I have a strange bug ? Maybe need to desactive control after the portal ?

16. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

A similar thing happened to me! I pressed 11 buttons but it only gave me 8 clones

Also, great work FBI!

17. Vicvic91

Alternative way : can be a final animation where :
    . the laser stop,
    . an emmiter appears and generate the number of clone you get
    . then the level stop ?

I have some white flash with the portal, due to the emiter generator I think... :/

18. FBI Light Rock

I think I fixed it, I tried it in the level world now, and seems ok on my side with 16 buttons pressed and 16 clones saved. Try to get more clones as this should have a higher chance of undercounting.

Can you all try my Portal Roulette level again?

Strange, once again it worked fine in the level editor, but in the level world, the level doesn't work properly sometimes.

19. FBI Light Rock

Problem is, the laser all stopping will suddenly shut off all the heavy laser sound you hear as Clony presses the buttons. I think this would be abruptly strange.

20. Vicvic91

image.jpeg

Seems good ! :)