Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Send me a MP in the forum when it's online the 16th ;)

2. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

sorry, what is an MP?

3. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I think he means PM... not that I'm sure

On a side note, the level Plasmatic is really good! Would make a great eternal day level!

4. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

for sure!

5. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

6. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

Updated DODGEBALL out.

Can you figure out how to save one clone every second?

7. Sheepy

Sheepy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't make it save one clone every second, but instead, the balls, instead of killing you, just black out the screen and end the game, and then you can give clones based on the score after.

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL likes this.
  8. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

YOU MADE A SURVIVAL LEVEL TOO?! No. I'm working on a survival level and is going to publish it before anyone else.
    GJ Cube Man.
    And for the time system you can use an interval trigger which adds 1 every second to your current time value. Like this (the one I'm working on)
    [​IMG]
    With this your time will no longer be restricted, you can even make it to one million if you can!

Attached Files:

9. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

@FBI Light Rock
    I have a question. Is it possible to make a loop in Level Editor?

10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Can you elaborate, @18111398?

11. Hráč

Hráč Active Member

Maybe you can add more lighter background.
    I cannot see the balls.

12. FBI Light Rock

I think it's fine though. I'm having a slight headache after playing a while though as the balls move too fast after around a minute. :mrgreen:

@Vicvic91 Please DON'T make this another ED level because the whole BADLAND Forum is going to come down on you. Especially @dubz131. :mrgreen:

13. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Ahah, next week you will get an easy level with 3 easy missions and just 5 minutes of fun with it ! :p

14. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Well... Here's an example.
    There's a value, assume that it is 1.
    There's an event A, which increase the value by 1.
    There's an event B, which judges if the value is greater than 10.
    Now I send a signal to A, and A sends a signal to B.
    B judges.
    If the value is lower than 10, send a signal back to A and repeat.
    If the value is greater than 10, send the signal somewhere else and quit the loop.
    I just tried to make one but it never worked, so I wanna know if it's possible to be made in Level Editor.

15. FBI Light Rock

I believe I understand what you are talking about. Hang on a moment, I shall make a level to demonstrate how it's done. :) I'll destroy it once you've acknowledged you've seen it.

18111398 likes this.
  16. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

WE NEED SOMEONE TO DO THAT!

someone like VicVic or 333mcc, we need someone!

17. FBI Light Rock

Done! Here's my help level to you. :)
    http://level.badlandgame.com/bttc/5AyV3F2Dyt

Strange though, I tried to set the variable to zero but the EQUAL condition (as well as its associating conditions greater or equal & less or equal) doesn't work very well, so I had to make the variable 0.1 and condition greater or equal to 10. You can clearly see how many times you've pressed the button.

You can see that in this level, all types of triggers work, such as buttons, collision trigger and area trigger. Of course, don't expect the same button to work again after its pressed once already. :mrgreen: You can make the same collision/area trigger to work again by turning "Disable after signal" on and then enabling it at the end of the events chain. I put a time delay just to be sure - I'm not sure whether it'll work without a time delay.

18. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Well, thanks but you have propably still mistaken... I mean B send a signal directly back to A, so A is triggered again without another input
    For your occasion, my mean is to press the button only once and the number automatically add itself up to 10 and the door opens after that, only one input is required
    After all, your design may help me in other occasions, thx for that

19. FBI Light Rock

Ehmm...is this what you mean instead? Retry the level again, open the level in level editor - I labelled the events A & B. See if that's what you are talking about.

18111398 likes this.
  20. 18111398

18111398 Elite Member

Thanks, that's exactly what I want!
    Many thanks FBI!

FBI Light Rock likes this.