Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Nice level. Some parts are hard to pass through. But I agree, something is missing. You could add more things to turn the landscape on "bad land" around your traps (particules, branchs, pipes...). Personally, in my levels, I always make sure do not keep any "flat" ground. and By this way, level atmosphere fall into deep, and traps more surprising.

Edit : survived the laser part in 28 tries. Hate you !

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Vicvic91 likes this.
  2. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

Vavje I have more experience in that cubic laser part (if you know what you meant by the laser obstacle) than you do. It looks almost as hard as some of your obstacles in some of the levels where some obstacles are hard to do. For that obstacle, you just have to get the right timing for the cube to pass the laser and fly on top, (part 1) at the bottom (part 2) and fall down (part 3).

Vavje likes this.
  3. Patrick Buffa

Or it could be the laser reflection obstacle that you're talking about.

4. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

I need to replay your level again. But I agree with Vavje, more consistent "details" in your black background could increase the universe you are trying to craft. It needs to feels like an alive world, and not just like a succession of cool mechanism :)

5. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

It's never easy to balance the difficulty of your own levels. I think CULT is a piece of cake to @Patrick Buffa since he has to replay many times to perfect his level. It's just like how you would play your own level so many times that you have completely mastered it. Just give it a couple more of tries and it gets easier. First playthrough is always meant to be hard for any good levels. That's replayability for you guys! :)

6. Patrick Buffa

Thanks @FBI Light Rock that's what I usually do when testing my level to see if it is perfect for me.

7. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

Repurposed one of many unfinished levels into a clonesaver! Try "Assembly" with these missions:

Save 15 clones
    Save 30 clones
    Save 45 clones
    Save 20 clones without letting a single clone die

n0phun likes this.
  8. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

https://badland.app.link/dxu2DJNg8y

What's the total of clones in this level? Found 3 hidden superclones, two are visible, plus 12? single ones: 62.
    Did I miss some?

Edit: Save all the single clones, but get none of the others

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  9. Pierre Miguel Gayo

Pierre Miguel Gayo Elite Member

Rexerus likes this.
  10. Patrick Buffa

Just updated my level CULT once more. I had to make a couple of changes to a couple of obstacles and i covered up some flat ground like @Vavje recommended me before. Hope you still like my level (again).

11. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Hey guys!

I've just published a couple levels, called MIRACLE and CLONECEPTION, both of which I've worked really hard on. They have each gotten pretty positive feedback but I kinda want an actual review of them.
    As of now, MIRACLE has 465 plays and CLONECEPTION has 779 plays (which I think is a lot.) CLONECEPTION also got onto the What's Hot section of Level World.
    So if anyone wants to try out these levels and review them here, along with any of my other levels, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks!

InterludeDude likes this.
  12. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

Hello Rexerus!
    I've always felt the same way as you do: I want genuine reviews of my levels! So lemme give you an honest review based on my opinions.

Okay, I was gonna play Miracle, but it basically killed my iPhone 4s. It's reallly slow for me. I played CLONECEPTION.

I liked the aesthetic of CLONECEPTION, it was interesting and refreshing! However, I didn't really appreciate the diffculty of the traps. Each one was pretty much set up so that you had to see what you had to do, die, and respawn and do it correctly. There was a very slim chance of getting through each part without having to die. The most annoying of these traps was the gravity changer that made balls of death kill me instantly. It seemed completely unfair to me. Most of the level is the same difficulty until the part where the wind tunnel blasts you through that maze of saws and whatnot. I had to skip that part because it was nigh impossible. At the end of the level what impression I was left with was that I'd gone through some traps and that's it. I wish there'd been some more substance that made this level different from other get-through-this-gauntlet-of-death levels. Overall, though, there were some creative ideas here!

So yea that's my honest review. Hope it's helpful to you!

Rexerus likes this.
  13. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Thanks for your review, Pizzaandy! The level seems a lot easier to me then what you've described here, although I've played it many times of course and had time to find tricks to beating each part. I can basically beat the wind tunnel part first try every time. Also I really like your work, such as Boss Fight and Assembly. Thanks again!
    If anyone else wants to review my work feel free!

14. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

Your lvls are really good! I always end up failing your lvls, probably cause I'm a bad gamer myself. I agree with Pizzaandy- adding a little backstory will help you.

Rexerus likes this.
  15. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Hey guys! I just published a new level called JUNGLE. It's a short speed/clonesaver level.

For those interested, some challenges are:
    Save 10 Clones
    Collect All Powerups
    Save 15 Clones

Please review my level here if you like!

Vavje likes this.
  16. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

NEW CLONE LVL!

Here's a good christmas gift for you all. It's called ANNIHILATE #BL2! Here are the missions:

Collect all powerups
    70 clones
    90 clones

What's your record! Pls review if you want as well.

n0phun likes this.
  17. Vavje

n0phun, Vicvic91 and Rexerus like this.
  18. Vavje

Nice one !
    Avoiding easily two speed powerups at the beginning is a nice gift ! Because the two slow motion powerups now really help, making the level less challenging. Slow motion could be a secret like santa claus ?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  19. Rexerus

Rexerus Elite Member

Another excellent level Vavje! Short, but with just the right amount of difficulty and hard-to-reach power ups. 5 Stars!

20. Vavje

Thanks a lot !
    Yes, short. I could add more.