Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Wow, some amazing new levels!!

The PHASES and KINGDOM SQUARE by HINGEDORPHAN_PAR
    ESCAPIST 2
    Machine of doom by CIPIC
    The Fallen by BUMFO
    Mercurion and Qwarxe by SINISTRUM
    Freezetrap by NLBEAST98
    ALMOST MIDNIGHT by MICHAELLIFSHITZ
    Boss Fight by PIZZAANDY

And many others. It's being hard to keep on track, frogminds choice are definitely missing some great levels.(I'm mostly posting the names here cause you can only put a limited amount of levels on your favorites and it's already missing a few)

2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Searched up HingeDorphan, looks like these 2 levels were his best yet. Sounds like he's really getting better at making levels. I'm impressed from where he started from! :mrgreen:

As usual, Mr X's Escapist level series are awesome, though of course there is no consistent theme, but heck, its a great level!

Gosh, another doomsday level from CPIC! Thankfully this one's not as hard as Rapid Saws. At least this one's fun to play! :)

I searched up BUMFO, he doesn't make particularly quality levels, but this one stands out a bit. Could had been expanded upon; level was too short. It's a bit like Sacrify, heheh. :mrgreen:

Yeah, Sinistrium is a great level maker. I found his level Qwarxe through Everyplay, and god, why didn't this level get featured in Eternal Day? Hard level, but very doable. Through this guy I found Mercurion too, but although it's really beautiful, some parts felt overly frustrating.

Another outstanding level maker. FreezeTrap is yet another gem. It's as hard as Qwarxe, heheh.

Another Midnight is a great level, but a bit short and a bit easy. Great design though. Still don't understand how people place obstacles and contraptions to make an "organized mess"...

Oh gosh, this level is DOOMSDAY! And a massive massacre of clones too. I'm OK with the visuals in this level, but I guess gameplay is really its focus. I'm still thinking of making a TRUE boss fight...in another new level. :)

<|-|!<0 likes this.
  3. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Yeah, at least they should be featured in frogmind's choice. For example the level "Coming back" by Vicvic91should be featured somewhere, i just played because he messaged me and it's awesome (Very very very hard though). I wouldn't have found it otherwhise.

Saving clones on this level is very cool.

Also i need to finish your level Armed... how dare you call my levels hard when you make that? lol

FBI Light Rock and Vicvic91 like this.
  4. FBI Light Rock

Hmm maybe Coming Back is too hard. I'm not expecting my level Armed to be featured too...it's also too hard. But honestly nowadays Frogmind's Choice is hardly updated. Could it be? That they are working on something new and awesome? o_O

Have you got past the hardest part yet? The Hamster Ball part haha. Besides, the part just after that...while it is a familiar obstacle, it has a totally different approach! Try to figure it out..once again the glittering particles is your hint...

I think the problem for me in creating levels is you would test play the level so much, you are too accustomed to the difficulty. After a while, you just find your own level "no kick" and want to increase the difficulty to entertain yourself. In the end you upped the difficulty too much until while others find it too difficult to play, you are kind of used to it.

There's a reason why I work so hard on Armed. :) Shall not tell you guys yet!

5. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Good news, everyone! Thanks to miikka, the logic for ORBIT is finished. Expect a completed level within 2 weeks, probably sooner.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  6. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

@Miikka No new level this week on Eternal Day ?
    Eheh, I cross my fingers to see ANTIGRAVITY or COMING BACK on Eternal Day ! :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  7. Vicvic91

New level coming in the next weeks : Odyssey ! image.jpeg

Super zwerver and FBI Light Rock like this.
  8. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

While ORBIT isn't as difficult as LINEARITY, it's just as finished. If there's ever a "set distances to X" tool, I might add a little more to it, but in the meanwhile, enjoy. Would it be too much to ask for a let's play of it? It's not too hard of a level.

9. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Can I get any feedback on ORBIT? What do you like, what don't you like, what you wish I had done, how it compares to LINEARITY, anything really. I'd just like an external opinion.

10. FBI Light Rock

It's a great level! :) The part with a hell lot of saws was pretty difficult to get through, but it's a nice type of obstacle that you need to get through. I do like the maze part near the end as well for needing a bit of precision to get through, also because the design feels a little less bland. The part in which the system rotates super fast was slightly frustrating, but it's not too bad, though a bit bland with absolutely nothing around.

It's a bit buggy though, staying on the same rotation too long will cause the system to sink to the bottom, which makes some parts like the the maze part (the spikeball at the bottom) and especially the saw part feel unfairly hard, because sometimes in trying to get the perfect timing to start the next rotation, you do need a while, but then the sinking kicks in and then the accuracy goes off.

I really do like your unique concepts, Hj326. I wonder what's your next idea? :)

11. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Thanks for your thoughts. I did spend some time trying to fix the sinking issue, but it's sort of inherent to the mechanism. The way it spins is by changing the weights of the orbs on each end of the bar, so that the lighter one always rotates around the heavier one. Unfortunately, that means that since one of them has some significant weight, it slowly pulls on the lock joint. If it's a significant issue, quickly tapping/untapping (or in the reverse order) keeps you in almost the same spot but it resets the falling speed. I thought about adding decorations to the super-spin zone, but I realized after multiple play-tests that players would need all the space they could get, so I sacrificed aesthetics for playability. As for my next level, POWER SHIFT, I'll be expanding a lot more on something I started implementing in ORBIT, only it will cover a much wider range of both power ups and things they affect. It shouldn't be too hard, considering I already have a basic template now. Expect this one over the course of the next few weeks.

12. Vicvic91

Welcome to Odyssey, a cubicland where you need to survive !
    How much clones can you get ? :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Miikka, <|-|!<0 and FBI Light Rock like this.
  13. Miikka

Miikka Elite Member Moderator

Vicvic91 likes this.
  14. FBI Light Rock

These screenshots don't do this level justice! Your level Odyssey is so much more than that! There are unique hurdles to overcome in this level such as pushing the square to block the lasers in time to pass them, together with so much more!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  15. FBI Light Rock

Oh my, I just opened up Odyssey in the level editor, and gosh, the number of secrets in this level! Also, the potential rewards when you one try the level! This level is a lot more complicated than I thought it was! Some of the triggers are so far away from the events they trigger, I can hardly trace them all.

But some of the secrets...I don't know whether are they actually accessible? For example, the secret path in the third screen shot; can you actually achieve that size? Another part I don't understand is the part with a small boulder tucked away, only accessible through a small passageway between the squares. I don't know how to get through that?

And one thing, the part where you took the idea from Confinement, the secret passageway does not seem to reap additional benefits - I could simply take the Small power up using the first path opened up by quickly ascending to the ceiling. You might wanna shift the Small power up closer to the last destroyable square.[\spoiler]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Vicvic91 likes this.
  16. Vicvic91

Surpriiiise ! :)

My screenshot are uggly, because I don't want to spoil any part or any secret on my level.

@<|-|!<0 @Straitorden
    Try to play the level without the editor : so you can discover all the secrets by yourself ! :)

I've tried to complexify the editor, just because I was convinced that you will open it in the editor @FBI Light Rock :)

I'm happy, because, you missed some secrets...
    And yes, all the secrets are possible to unlock.

Now you can prepare you to experiment Odyssey :)

Miikka and FBI Light Rock like this.
  17. FBI Light Rock

Heh, I expected that actually. It was the same when I was first teasing my level. Progressively, I showed better parts. But there was my most awesome creation at that time which I didn't show, my first master piece before the graphical overhauls, which was the Revolution Arena.

Some of the secrets are harder to discover and requires a bit of "trying to do extreme stunts no normal player would pull off". Good luck @<|-|!<0 and@Straitorden. :)

Yeah, for me it's more about understanding how the level works and how some of great designs are made that is more fun than playing the level itself. Because I'm just a n00b player and there's no way I'm gonna save lots of clones, haha. :mrgreen:

Definitely going to try to unlock and experience those secrets still! :)

EDIT: Hid all the secrets I stated in the spoiler text now, to prevent spoiling the surprise for others. Apologies for forgetting to hide them.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Vicvic91 likes this.
  18. Vicvic91

I know you @FBI Light Rock !
    Complexify my level was a great idea to lock you a little, ahah :)

19. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

I must say, ODYSSEY is truly a wonderful level. I can only hope you enjoy my levels as much as I enjoy yours.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  20. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Speaking of my levels, POWER SHIFT is up. There's a bug with it, but it's entirely visual. It's also unavoidable. If anyone knows how to fix it, could they tell me how? Also, as always, any feedback would be great.

Vicvic91 likes this.