Starting Over — SOLVED

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Jim Royal, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Jim Royal

Jim Royal New Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to delete all the iCloud data for Badland and start the game over fresh? When I log out of iCloud, I can start the game over, but the minute I log back in – even if I disable Game Center in Settings – the saved state comes right back.

I've tried every combination of disabling iCloud, and deleting and re-downloading the game that I can think of. There has to be some way of starting from the beginning. Any ideas?

2. McSketchy

McSketchy Active Member

have you tried deleting the game data in icloud? either log into icloud via browswer or go to manage icloud storage in ios.

3. Jim Royal

Jim Royal New Member

That's the problem right there. There is no access to the Badland game data in Manage Storage on my device nor through the iCloud web site. The Badland app itself must be updated to take advantage of the new CloudKit features that allow users to remove their data from specific iCloud containers.

4. Jim Royal

Jim Royal New Member

Okay, I’ve worked out a solution to the problem. It’s a bit hit and miss, but it does allow you to reset the game.

The problem is that even if you uninstall the game and then reinstall it, iCloud will immediately download the saved game state to the device, even before you run the game. However, this doesn’t happen instantly. It takes a few seconds.

If you go to Settings > your name > iCloud, you will see a toggle that disables iCloud access for BADLAND. This toggle appears only after the game is installed.

So, this is what you do.

Remove BADLAND and it's data from your device,

Go to the App Store and start downloading the game again.

While it is downloading, go to Settings > your name > iCloud and wait for the toggle to reappear. You might need to switch between pages to force the screen to refresh faster; not sure about that part.

The moment the toggle appears, switch it off.

If you’re fast enough, BADLAND will still be in its factory default state, and the game can be played from the beginning.

n0phun likes this.