Tag properties in a grouped item.

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by MrYurihi, Sep 13, 2016.

1. MrYurihi

MrYurihi New Member

Hi

I'm trying to make a level. And it includes a grouped item. I would like to have it so I can easily edit the physics of one of the objects, but I can't figure how to 'tag' the property. How would you do this?

2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

You need to ungroup the group first before selecting the desired object inside the group, before opening up the properties menu (the cog icon) and changing the physics on property.

3. MrYurihi

MrYurihi New Member

Yes, but how would I make it accessible if the thing is grouped, like on the spinning saw, it has motor speed under TAGGED

4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Oh, you are saying how to bring up certain properties of an individual object when you select the whole group? Like when you select the saw group, motor speed pops up?

Now, that one is special to template groups. It is not possible to decide what properties of individual objects you want to pop up in the group properties menu. To edit such individual properties, you have no choice but to ungroup and edit the individual object manually.

MrYurihi and Baksbrown like this.
  5. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

Actually... There IS a way to bring up properties on the group properties menu!
    You have to long press an object in a group (about 2 seconds I like to think) and it will show that object's properties without need to ungroup. Stars will appear next to the different sliders/buttons. Pressing a star will assign that slider/button to the properties menu.

The problem here is that you have to long press like 10 times to get the object you wanted to select..

MrYurihi and InterludeDude like this.
  6. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

Thanks for telling us! It took forever to figure it out and will make level making a lot easier :)