Weird

Discussion in 'DAY I' started by Wheat1328, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

WEIRD

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Got my 22 clones saved here for WEIRD very quickly with the last checkpoint, so again there's room for improvement here.

3. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i uploaded a video of a 30 clone run on everyplay, or at least i tried to. TWICE! first was a 29 but i lost wifi connection. then a 30 which took really long to upload but somehow didn't show up. i heard of everyplay botching a few uploads so it's either that or i'm an idiot. i will try again.

it was on my nephew's ipad because my ipod touch 4th gen can't record and post replays. and playing on the ipad on which i can see things better, i spotted an opportunity for a higher clone count. switched to my ipod and improved to 32. should have been a 35 if not for that box/block and the canon below.

4. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Hmm. That's exactly what I've done ogster. Apparently I just haven't gotten lucky enough with that last canon. I'll get it though.

5. phil

phil Well-Known Member

Can somebody explain that opportunity for a higher clone count? I'm unable to save more than 28 because of that annoying canon below the box. I must have been extremely lucky with my 31 some months ago :/

6. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Straitordens video doesn't help? Linked in the sheet: https://everyplay.com/videos/10390885 .

And I'm sure I saw a discussion of this level, but it's not in this topic. Thoughts how to best play the canon part would be nice, seconded.

7. phil

phil Well-Known Member

It really seems to be impossible now to play the box/canon part like in that replay. Anybody got more than 29 since the last update? It ruined lots of perfect runs and everything near 32 for me.

8. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

I only tried once or twice something like a week ago, got something like 28 indeed. No idea whether that was good or bad, but indeed I thought the box didn't drop as far like before, but maybe I just had to give it a little bit of a harder push. Than again that part has always been a mix between skill (in knowing how to act on the canon and how to properly stay hidden behind the crate) and a good dosis of luck, took a few until I had 35 (where I didn't lose any before I believe, so had the possibility for 37). What I remember was that that try also was a very lucky one, where my clones got scattered pretty early but somehow luckily got on the perfect spots they had to be, and one clone making it all the way to the left where it attracted some attention of the canon. That way the others had time to cross right on time or got a positive blast from behind by the canon trying to hit that lonely clone on the left.

Not sure whether or not it has been altered, it already took quite some luck to get that many.