Random Badland Chit Chat.

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Ben Thumbs, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Flamingjazz

Flamingjazz Hardcore Gamer Moderator

Crap... That's a lot of time!
    I've barely got maybe 75? I haven't checked very recently.

Thanks for tips. I've begun to rely a lot on other people's comments on specific levels in the forum. I still live at my parents (I'm going to school still (although it's summer)) and they have restrictions on YouTube so I don't see the videos very often on my iPod 4th Gen.
    I've relied a lot on people's comments and general power ups to miss. It's helped a lot. Going for 1000+ clones day 1 :)

Holy crap that's some crazy stuff.

2. Flamingjazz

Has anyone ever thought about, in the mindset of this game having a "plot" what happens to all of the other clones they saved during the last segment of the day?
    Like, if someone saved, say 50 on APPARATUS and they were all small and sucked into the pipe, wouldn't they be brought along to the next "level" (FINAL FRONTIER) or area for the clones?

Not that it matters at all, but where are all the clones disappearing when they travel through the tube?
    (This could be thought about in different ways...) :?: :) ;)

3. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

They materialize at the spreadsheet, of course, if their owners have build them a home there.

4. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

I'm going to make another run for 3000. I tried for about 30 min and got no where. My plan is to play Falling over and over until I get lucky. It's incredibly difficult to save clones for me at this point!

5. Flamingjazz

I'm fixing up a web page on TV Tropes about Badland and I'm wondering if some top player wants to give some input:
    I'm just looking for a personalized comment on what you think about Badland. It ideally shouldn't sound like you are advertising the game, but rather just saying what you think about the game.

For your info, you'll also be quoted and the first thing you read on the page.
    Anyone interested? :)

EDIT: Clarification: it shouldn't be longer than 4-5 sentences at most and it is just your short personal opinion on the game without flat out telling the reader they should play it.
    It would also advertise the forums somewhat as well, as you would be quoted from this website.

6. Wheat1328

VICTORY!!! FINALLY REACHED 3000!!! :D :D :D

7. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Congrats on getting the 3000! :clap: :thumbup:

8. ogster

ogster Elite Member

great job, zach!!! you never should have doubted.

9. ogster

ogster Elite Member

congratulations to chico for taking top spot! now don't go too far ahead, okay?

10. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

You do know <|-|!<0 won't listen to that, do you ogster? :lol:

I'm really amazed how you got 57 clones for Evil, <|-|!<0 ! I was really hoping for that epic video of yours, but I guess the much thrill and pressure made you forget to upload it. Oh well. :P

11. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I tried to record it even though i had no internet connection, i recorded with another device but that annoying glitch happened again, so it was pointless, but basically i was at the same size as ogster video and got 57 clones until the end and saved them all at the final saws because i was very cold blooded. I already had 51 clones so i had no pressure. The technique is to touch the saws right before it starts moving, so the clones get an impulse and can get saved.

12. Wheat1328

Welp, 3000 saved and all but three achievements (240 coop missions which I'm not even going to try and complete on my own, and the 2 glitched hidden coop achievements). Looks like I'm done with BADLAND until the next update. I'll still be checking in here regularly though. ;)
    Later space cowboys

13. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Anyone risks guessing when the next update will come? And what it will be?

I think there will obviously be a doomsday in coop mode(i actually would prefer no coop mode at all, even if i have some fun on it) but my guess is that a big update with new levels could arrive on christmas or in the beggining of 2015.

14. Wheat1328

Yeah, it's been quite a while since the last one. I'm hoping they give up on coop with all the bugs it's been having. I'm not sure the overall feel for coop but it seems like around here no ones a big fan.

Maybe they're working on a Day 3? I thought I remembered them saying the next update won't be as hard as Doomsday so something's got to be coming.

15. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Does anyone else feel like controls get weird sometimes? I know they don't and it's completely psychological, it just feels weird sometimes. So i have to kind of calibrate my own mind, lol.

16. Flamingjazz

So we've got an update in a few weeks...
    Is it going to be good enough to get me back addicted to this game? I'm ready to fuel the addiction.
    I want to get going again on this :)

17. Wheat1328

Nope. It's just coop Doomsday. Unless that's you're thing it's not enough to get re-addicted. It was fine running through it once but I'm ready for more single player stuff. I'd much rather pay for more SP content than free Coop stuff.

Additionally I just replaced my PS3 with the PS4 so most of my gaming time goes to that now. :D

18. Flamingjazz

Ya sure?
    Kati Frogmind's announcement thing says in a few weeks and two days later the Halloween update comes out.
    In my unprofessional opinion that doesn't sound like the same thing. :/
    Yes, SP would be amazing to have an update for.

19. Wheat1328

Yeah, maybe. We can hope!!

20. Flamingjazz

Ya well I'm going to assume so.
    You might already know but it takes 5 or so days for an update to go through the App Store and get approved. Kati Frogmind says we've got an update out in a few weeks and two days later the Halloween update is out. So it was already going through the App Store and she probably knows it doesn't take two weeks for an update to go through.

Anyway, as confusing as I am, I hope I'm right!!! I'm looking at this app with a desire to get back on badland!
    :) ;) :D see ya on the forums if it comes out! :) ;) :D