Evil

Discussion in 'DOOMSDAY' started by Wheat1328, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

EVIL

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Wheat1328

Wow. :shock: Played twice real quick - one of the missions is save 20 and I see how it's possible, but wow! And surviving with 2-tries! Not to mention surviving with 1-try for the achievement (at least I think that's what is says - it's currently in a different language). /Sigh.

Note: Not complaining - I like the challenge, I'm just kinda shocked. Guess "Doomsday" is very fitting!

3. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Anybody been stuck up here yet?

[​IMG]

I'm actually glad I never got around to completing all of the missions, because having all of these new BADLAND DOOMSDAY Missions ahead of me would have been a horrific prospect! Every time I see this screen I just :lol: :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

NO THANK YOU!

Good luck to anyone attempting these, that's FAR more hell and frustration than I'm willing to subject myself to...

4. Wheat1328

Yeeaaahhh.... About the Lunartic....

I'm one of "those" and so I'm going to try. Honestly, I'm going to try and 1-try it but I'm wondering if it's worth it. :? :? :?

5. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

Maybe my memory is too short concerning my first impression of day1 and day2, but so far I hate this level and most of the other Doomsday levels. I hope they grow on me over time. "Doomsday" is definitely an apt title for these levels. I must have played this level 100 times before I figured out how to slide along the edge and avoid the lasers at the beginning. It was driving me insane!

6. Wheat1328

Eff this level too. I doubt I'll even 1- try this one. I'll be lucky to get the 2-try mission.

7. ogster

ogster Elite Member

saving 20 clones wasn't easy. saving 40 clones wasn't really much harder though. yep, i hated this level too, but i knew we were nowhere near max yet so i gave it my best shot. that pushes current max saved for doomsday to almost 460.

8. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I knew it, ogster! :D That was why I set the max to 40+.

As always, sometimes we don't need to play it to tell the max. Sometimes, it's easier to work out new strategies by merely watching videos rather than playing. When I saw the last part of Evil, the part with the gears and touch sensitive saws, I knew that with a smaller size you could easily pass the gears without losing clones. And then perhaps even smaller and the saws become piece of cake.

However, the DEATH thing is this level must probably be done in only ONE TRY. Urgh. Probably why everyone hates this level. There's this everyplace video that shows someone trying over and over and over to pass the part where a cube is tossed toward 2 saws to stuck. But I think that part may be easy if you approach the saws at a level where the cube throw is triggered last minute. You even have a heap of clones with you the first try! (Obviously though, that guy in the video wasn't expecting it, that probably is his first go at Evil)

I'm now setting the max up even more to 51+! If you can, ogster, do upload your amazing 40 clone run! :D

9. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

Is there some secret for getting the laser on the little pedestal to break lose. Sometimes it comes off easy and you can spin it around to blast the wall behind it to proceed and other times it seems stuck and won't come lose until it's too late. Is this just a luck of the draw spot in the run or is there some way of making sure it pops off every time? Just when I have a good run going, this spot seems to notice and decide to put me in my place :)

10. ogster

ogster Elite Member

you don't have to one-try the level, but the restart checkpoint is a bit at the early part, just after the moving walls. from then on, any mistake or misfortune ruins the attempt. you want to be small but not too small. sorry, light rock, i got excited i forgot to record the run. i will attempt to save more and will post video of a good run.

to remove the laser on the pedestal, just simply hit the pedestal. that should shake it loose right away.

11. ogster

ogster Elite Member

for chico's query.. i went in 2 sizes smaller. after the moving walls, picked up the 2 reducers and avoided 2 of the 4 enlargers. got really lucky the rest of the way. at that part where you drop the clone to hit the button, i remember not hesitating and hope to get perfect placemnent. then prayed to get lucky timing with the swing of the chains that follow. and then later, pray to get enough little ones through to the falling beam. and then, avoid 1 of the 3 enlargers that await you next. i swear i almost crapped in my pants getting through.

i think another size smaller might work to fit in 10 or so more. i'm looking to get adult diapers before i try that one.

12. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

It's ok, ogster! I think it's more fun trying to figure out clone saving tactics by myself! For all I know, I could even discover better ones as I did in Domino! :D

If you ever do a great run again, don't hesistate to upload it, though. ;)

13. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Just got a 46 run, i think i got as smaller as possible. I got too happy though and forgot to record a replay.

I almost crapped my pants too, specially near the end, cause i knew another run like that would be really hard to happen, lol.

14. Wheat1328

Welp, Evil wasn't half as bad as I thought it'd be. All missions done (besides the glitched one) and all levels 1-tried! :D

I uploaded my 1-try twice to Everyplay but it's still not showing up?? Guess we'll see.

EDIT: it showed up so it's linked up above

15. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

A nice trick concerning the laser-on-a-stick is let it rest on top of you after jarring it lose, then rise to the very top so you catch the end, spinning it counterclockwise. The dozen times I've done it I'm far enough away that the laser passes through me every time.

16. Wheat1328

This level only has two difficult parts in order to get the high clone saving numbers. And it's kicking my ass. I really hate this level for clone saving!!

EDIT: Found a trick to make the chain portion much easier! Up to 31. That was one size too big so I'm now more hopeful about 40+

17. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Is there a trick to the spinning portals? If I could consistently survive those I could have probably gotten the achievements for this level.

18. Wheat1328

Not really. I try and go through the first one when it's pointing down, so I'm flying straight up. Then I just hold up so when I go through to the other side I end up on the ceiling. I always get a handful through doing it that way. But no matter how you hit the first one, I'd recommend holding up as you go through.

19. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Thanks.

20. ogster

ogster Elite Member

check out a video i posted on everyplay. i saved 48. i dont think i've ever uttered so many expletives playing a single level. i don't think i'll ever want to see this level again. it truly was EVIL!

cheers, all.