Evil

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by n0phun, Dec 31, 2016.

1. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

IMG_1046.PNG

EVIL

by @ZEARTYSHOW

Missions
    IMG_1056.JPG

Mission & Clone Replays
    Upload your videos to YouTube or Everyplay and post your videos here! Post your awesome clone scores here!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
  2. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

Did a one try on this level and got 3 clones (it was because of the size of the clones). Check it out on this link if you want to find out.

3. n0phun

IMG_1052.JPG On my device this level is suddenly renamed to Evil (only for Eternal Day, not Level World).

Anybody else experiencing this?

4. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

Mime was renamed at both, AND in the level itself! This isn't a glitch- likely a modification for the little clonlings of Badland!
    EDIT: I wonder if this is mentioned in the Badland reviews section...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  5. Patrick Buffa

Patrick Buffa Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. I think they changed the title because of the slightly offensive language.

Vicvic91 likes this.
  6. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

You are right @Patrick Buffa !
    As we have few kids playing the game, we don't want to promote bad language in the Eternal Day levels.

Patrick Buffa likes this.
  7. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

Like me! Actually, there's a few lvls in the game that have bad names and vulgar language. It's good that other kids won't see them.

And yes, my "IT'S A KID!" detector rang out a bunch of times when I review the lvl world.

I think it's a "cloneling" not a "clonling."

This lvl is cool. I just get so nervous when there's a wall chasing me or something like that. It just scares the life out of me.

<|-|!<0 and InterludeDude like this.
  8. n0phun

The first few plays last year I felt the same, thought I'll never do the one try. I ignore the moving wall of spikeballs now, and concentrate not to touch anything in front of me, to lose no speed. And use the blowers well. No longer a big problem, though in my one try I played this part really, really bad. Now I have more problems with the end, mostly with the last pair of spikeballs, the timing is extremely difficult. Comparing Patrick's replay with my own was helpful.

In short: Ignore the d.../evil wall, and restart the lvl if you die there.

Happy New Year to all, BTW, now that all time zones are in.

9. InterludeDude

InterludeDude Elite Member Beta tester

Now with this level having a copied name, another name should be assigned to EVIL, from the DOOMSDAY pack. Maybe DREAD, HOPELESS, or NIGHTMARE?

n0phun likes this.
  10. n0phun

Yeah, I thought that Evil wasn't appropriate for this level because the name was already used in Doomsday. And that lvl is way harder. Nice naming suggestions, but I don't think it would be a good idea to change names of long existing levels.

11. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

I can update this level's name again, with a 4 letters one more apropriate ! :D

12. n0phun

So we start a naming contest now? What about Darn ("a euphemistic word for damn", dictionary.com)? Euphemistic means less harsh, doesn't it? Mild enough? Other suggestions?

Vicvic91 likes this.
  13. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Why the original name in the first place? Is there some meaning behind that original name?

EDIT: I thought of a different name. What about YIKE? It's a slight word play from the word SPIKES, because the level seems to primarily involve poisonous spikeballs.

14. Pizzaandy

Pizzaandy Elite Member Beta tester

Dangit!
    Dangnabbit!
    Dagnabbitdangit!
    Doh!
    Dargarnit!
    Blast it!
    Confound it!

Actually, though, Zearty is probably using "damn" as in like sent to hell.
    "Condemned" might be a good name!

15. CUBE MAN OFFICIAL

CUBE MAN OFFICIAL Penguin Clony

Thanks for the tip! :)

16. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Really wish this level didn't have that slow mo intro, annoying for players who wants to follow the small powerup mission and get more clones and replays the level a lot

awesome level

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  17. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

#thou-shalt-not-recycle-doomsday-names
    #sacrilege
    #thereisonly1Evil

;P