Level Editor - Author Name Problems.

Discussion in 'LEVEL EDITOR' started by DrKomodo, Oct 20, 2017.

1. DrKomodo

DrKomodo Member

Hello,

I'm having problems with my Author Name when attempting to publish a level I've created in the level editor. And I want to thank in advance, anyone who can provide me with some help, thank you very much.

My issue is, is that for some reason Badland is using an old Game Center name for my Author Name when I want to publish a level I've created. And I really don't want it to use this old name.

I have already gone into the Game Center section of Apple Settings, and I've changed my Game Center name to something new. And when I launch Badland it does indeed welcome me with this new name at the top. But, yet when I go to publish my level it's still using the old Game Center name that I don't want it to use anymore. I just don't understand this?

Once I had successfully changed my Game Center name in the Apple Settings, I then uninstalled and re-installed Badland. Unfortunately though, it didn't fix my issue.

I'm running the very latest build of Badland on an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS build 10.3.3.

Frogmind, do you think it might be possible for you to update Badland and allow users to set and customize our own Author Name in the level editor, just like we are able to do with the Level Name? Because, I just have run out of ideas about how to get the game to use my new and not my old Game Center name when I'm trying to publish a level I've created.

Thanks, again, for any help Frogmind, or anyone else can provide me. I appreciate that a lot and I hope you all are having a really nice day.

2. DrKomodo

DrKomodo Member

If the Badland developers or anyone else would please help me with this issue, well, I'd be really, really grateful. I've tried everything I can think of but the game still uses my old Game Center name. And I was dumb when I originally chose that one and I think it would be inappropriate to use for my publishing my levels. And I am super eager to post the few levels that I created and spent so much time on.

So, if the devs can figure out a way to get the game to recognize my newly updated Game Center name or add a function in the level editor that allows us to customize our Author Name, I would appreciate that so much. Thank you very much for your time and any help someone can offer. And I hope you all are doing well and having a nice day too .

3. 4522405DASH

4522405DASH Hypercloner

I believe I may once have had this problem before. Hold on, I shall check (it might take a long time though, I gotta run some errands)

4. 4522405DASH

4522405DASH Hypercloner

Hmm.. that’s strange. I can’t seem to find the option either.

5. DrKomodo

DrKomodo Member

Thanks for checking. Yeah, I just cannot figure out why the game won't recognize my new Game Center name. It seems to just use an old name that I don't want to publish my levels with.

I've emailed the Badland developers too, maybe they can figure out why it does that. I hope they can as I'm very excited to publish my levels.

Thanks again for your help.