Momentum

Discussion in 'DOOMSDAY' started by Wheat1328, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

[​IMG]

MOMENTUM

Missions

[​IMG]

Clones Saved

Add your own Clone Counts into the Clone Saving Spreadsheet >>HERE<<

Playthrough

Note: This is just a simple "Survive with one try" playthrough to show off this level here in the Badlands Forum.

2. Wheat1328

If anyone had any tips for competing any of the three missions I'm all ears.

3. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

The secret is on the beggining, you have to separate the clones so you can get all powerups, it's very hard.

And to get those 2 clones powerups on the end, you have to kind of go through the level without stoping, especially the part with the saws, don't stop.

Only exploding all mines left and it's being very difficult ( even being only 3, lol) i managed to explode them all but also killed them all.

4. Wheat1328

Anyone care to elaborate on how 20+ is possible, let alone the 42 someone entered into the spreadsheet as the max?!?

How do you keep all those spinning bastards together to get 42??

EDIT: Agh!! I've been playing this level for about an hour and can't even seem to get in the teens anymore!?!? I must really be missing something here. Other than avoiding one of the fast-forwards, I've no idea.

5. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

I'm having trouble with the beginning, middle and end of this level. But other than that, I'm doing great! 42. That sure sounds impossible to me. Sure would love to see that run!

6. Wheat1328

I just checked out Chico's video linked in the spreadsheet. That helped. I tried his way and avoiding a fast power up but that hurt more than helped. Then I did it just like his video and improved to 20. So that looks like the way to do it. It is possible to get the small power up and 1 spinner at the beginning. So that means you'd be one size smaller then his video. Room for improvement? Maybe. But 42?? No way

7. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

The original 42 was entered by me, then set down by 1 to 41. This is an extreme scenario and I take this number to be the definition of possible max, it being NO possible way to save more clones.

So yes, it would mean not losing any clones at the lasers which guard the 2 superclone power-ups.

Next, I think it's possible to not take 2 of the Big power-ups at the point just before the spiral path. You simply have to kill all the clones except one. But I really don't know if it's possible to lift the 2 gates in time to let the lonely clone through.

This should leave with a small enough size so that no clones get killed at the lasers guarding those 2 superclone power-ups. And finally, of course, no clones are killed at the 2 saw arenas.

8. stone3416

stone3416 Active Member

The collect all power ups and explode all mines in this level have got to be the hardest missions in all of Badlands. I can't seem to come close to either. I know you have to separate the clones at the beginning to get the small power up before the laser zaps it, but that only happens for me about once in every 20 runs if I'm lucky. And then of course when it does, I find some other way to mess up the run :cry: I should go back and play Day 1 and Day 2 some more to get my confidence back. :lol:

9. AndroidUser

AndroidUser Active Member

Also believe that Collect All Powerups in Momentum - this is the most complex mission Doomsday.
    But at least it is clear how to pass. But what you need to do to get Hit nothing in Clonetron - is not clear.

10. Wheat1328

You should try getting the small power-up and only 1 of the spinners! :shock: ;) That's what you have to do to save a bunch of clones.

11. AndroidUser

I once got (accidentally), but use it to retain a maximum of clones failed.

12. Wheat1328

Wow, so you got 26 without doing that?!? The only way I got 27 was using that strategy. It's really hard to pull off but I've managed it maybe 5 times.

13. AndroidUser

Yes, and this way you can save more than 30, I just have not yet had enough time.
    I do not know if you can watch the video:
    https://vk.com/video56433778_169580187

n0phun likes this.
  14. ogster

ogster Elite Member

i too didn't have to get the second reducer to get a good count. it pretty much went the same way as androiduser's video. i think what is crucial is getting as many as you can to the lasers and then have perfect timing to pick up the 2 superclones.

picking up the reducer does seem attractive. hmmm.

15. AndroidUser

I saved the 29 in the same manner.
    And, finally collected all powerups. And now confident that we can collect much more 30.

16. FBI Light Rock

Was always confident that more than 30 was possible. In fact, I set the max to 41. But anyone has tried avoiding the 2 Big power ups at the section where you must lift the 2 gates? I have tried it but so far haven't been successful yet. It seems impossible to skim the surface to pass under them so as to not attract them.

I'm also brainstorming other ways to get more clones without too much trouble. For example, not picking a single spinner power up. However, this doesn't seem feasible since I can't even get pass the gates, though with enough effort I might be confident of lifting them both. Even so, I won't probably get pass the spiral section. Forget it. Not feasible.

The second method I thought is to dislodge the first Big power up at that same spot, burning it up with the underneath laser, so the clones will be one size smaller. Unless this can be done with more than 1 clone, this is a risky operation since we must still get that Small power up after the gates, and using merely 1 clone to get it sounds horribly risky.

Let me know if you guys get any success with any of the 3 methods! (Though 2nd one probably impossible :P )

17. ShiV

ShiV True Gamer

God I hate this level, will stop playing it for a few weeks now I guess...;P

Last night played some Momentum (again, been trying to up my clonecount here, didn't really work out until now). Finally, 35, I was at Chico's level. But started to think, those clones should become smaller to avoid them hitting those lasers at the end to much. With practice I could skip 1 size-up, either the one just after that point where 3 lasers join, or if that didn't work 1 of the 2 just before the spiral. If I couldn't skip the first one I had to lose all my clones except 1 to be able to skip a clone at that second possibility (just like FBI Light Rock said, can't skip both of those, will make it impossible to get those 2 gates out of the way with just one clone).

Pretty fast I got 37! Unfortunately didn't have a laptop or so nearby to record it, so later thought a well, now I have a laptop nearby let's try to get somewhere near that score to show how I did it. Did I say I hated this level already? Took me 2 hours again, almost thought to quit it and just leave it like my explanation. Fortunately, Momentun thought ah well, let's give him a bone, and gave me 40 clones :D

Here you go:

18. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

:shock:

Hey, calm down ShiV. :lol:

19. FBI Light Rock

Damn that was sick man, Shiv! :o Really, hats off to you for this find and crazy new record! You truly belong up there with the copious clone savers. :)

Never thought that avoiding that Big power-up just after the part where 3 lasers meet would be even possible. Also, didn't know that you didn't need to rush through the saw arenas. Definitely going to try this again! If this level doesn't get the better of me first, of course... :lol:

20. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

You don't have to lose all except one to skip the size-up behind the three lasers? I always got the size-up when I had more than one there, but I came in one size bigger, because I (nearly) always do not get the first size-down powerup.
    Outstanding. Thanks for your patience! I'm now up from 15 to 30 (one size bigger, and some hours of playing) and can think of 35+. Still, it's not easy to have the right speed to take the clone powerups at the end. I tend to burn them. I don't hate this level more than the others in Doomsday, BTW. I'm just bad here.