Beyond

Discussion in 'ETERNAL DAY' started by Vicvic91, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Capture d’écran 2017-09-08 à 14.38.43.png

BEYOND
    by @axelbtc

Missions

IMG_2320.jpg

Mission & Clone Replays

Upload your videos to YouTube or Everyplay and post your videos here! Post your awesome clone scores here!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2017
    n0phun and AKAI2002 like this.
  2. AKAI2002

AKAI2002 Clone Master

Wow 100th level in ED!!

3. Vavje

Vavje Clone Master Beta tester

Very very nice 100th, but something is missing :
    Survive in 100 tries (got 102, so close !)
    5 tries ? Seriously...

n0phun, dubz131 and AKAI2002 like this.
  4. Vavje

And 40 clones is lucky, no ?

5. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

booooooo....part with moving platform and lasers is cheap

ive gotten to the END BUTTON 10x now but i ALWAYS die because there's no room to f'ng maneuver out of the way of the lasers or blades (at least on laggy itouch 6)

edit: survive 5 tries my ass...i had this thing beat in ONE try until that stupid cheap part...finally got through it with luck..and i don't even know how i saved clones at the end because the level lags the hell out and you can't even control your clone(s) any more

Baksbrown likes this.
  6. dubz131

dubz131 Bot Lover

i will admit this is a pretty level to look at and has a nice variety...nice job to creator...it's just that one part, and also the end - because i have no clue how i saved all those clones..

7. Baksbrown

Baksbrown Hypercloner Beta tester

IMG_1837[1].PNG
    Where are you, damn pice of crap?!

Well, this level is awful and i really hate it!
    There is no optimization. Absolutely! The whole level terribly lagging. Okay, i know that my ipad is old and weak and i really often have a lags.
    I opened this level in the editor and... Creator knows about "Hit nothing" objects?! All objects have collisions and this turns this level into a solid slideshow!
    And i don't know how to pass the way of the lasers or blades. I just skipped this moment.
    Sometimes I do not understand why people tend to make their levels so difficult... unreasonably difficult.

8. Vavje

Hard level but great for me. I love this kind of level. Now, I feel strong enough to beat all the Doomsday levels in one try (exept Momentum).

9. Baksbrown

This level isn't test your skill as one of Doomsday levels. This level test your your luck or something else, but it's definitely not a skill. In Doomsday levels you, at least, understand how to pass this or that moment. and in levels like this it will not be immediately possible to understand how to overcome this or that part of the level. In Doomsday you at least understand how to pass this or that moment. But here it will not be immediately possible to understand how to overcome this or that part of the level.
    So I, on the contrary, really hate this kind of levels.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  10. Vicvic91

Try better @Baksbrown ! This level is really easy ;)

To pass the part in your screenshot, you need the saw bot to destroy the ball : so just avoid it and let him create you the way.

I will get a closer look for the optimization next week.
    Let's see if I can get it better to play on your iPad :)

11. Baksbrown

I know how to pass it, @Vicvic91. here is bug in screenshot. Saw bot just stuck somwhere left. I can't play this level with (about) 5-10 fps

12. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

The part in @Baksbrown's screenshot can be tricky, as the bot changes it's behaviour sometimes. Okay, it's a bot, they do evil things, so what? Once it trapped my clone exactly where it lies in the screenshot above.

Didn't write something about the rants here, wanted to try the level longer. It is in no way that hard as it seems at first. But not "really easy", Vicvic91, you're kidding!

At first I was like 15-25 tries, couldn't do the laser part near the end. Still have difficulties there sometimes timing when to push the button. Something in my brain just doesn't get this. Argh. But less than 5 tries is easy now. And I really like the level, @axelbtc!

@Straitorden has uploaded a one try, also did Tomd:

Only thing I still don't understand is how to influence how much clones you get at the end. But happy with exactly 40 for now, all missions done.

Baksbrown and AKAI2002 like this.
  13. n0phun

Did the one try too now. Seemed like piece of cake, except concentrating not to get nervous. Did you already nerf something?

Vicvic91 likes this.
  14. Vicvic91

Nothing is nerfed : you are just skilled :)

n0phun likes this.
  15. Vavje

Question from a french guy : what means "nerf" ?
    Often reading this word in forum.

16. n0phun

Recently answered in the Race Behind thread. :)

Vavje likes this.