Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

and can somebody explain "eternal day" to me, because i'd like to be a part of the official badlands.

2. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

If you make a level that is of great quality (looks aesthetically great, and has fun gameplay), your level might be featured on Eternal Day.

Try making an excellent level!

Vicvic91 likes this.
  3. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

ok thanks!
    i will make good levels once i fully understand the editor

4. FBI Light Rock

So long you have great concepts in mind, as well as a decent sense of design, your level will turn out great! It's ok if you don't understand the editor fully, you always have this forum here to help you out on the logic needed. :)

Not everything is possible with the editor but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to challenge the limits of the editor. There are usually alternatives to try!

Good luck on brainstorming great concepts! For a start, you can try playing great levels like our very own Vicvic's ones and try to adapt some ideas from these levels. Just keep exploring the Level World! Some people have good ideas out there, sometimes not fully explored and/or poorly implemented.

MisterM likes this.
  5. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

yes ofc, but i will try to keep my levels close to the official ones, nothing too crazy, but we'll see.
    i'm looking forward to create more levels, and this is an awesome forum.

6. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

Allright, I uploaded my new level: Razorblades!
    it is better and harder than my previous level, i am beginning to understand level-making now, be prepared for more levels!

7. FBI Light Rock

Great level! A lot better than the standard of level these days.

I like the way you can get and lose clones, and the need to precisely manuveur your clones through the saws. There's also opportunity to dodge some bad power ups which can help you save more clones!

Wow, your level also has great design! Quite basic with the use of little objects but the design delivers! You have shown how simplicity can rival some of Bones and Ice's crazily complex contraptions.

You have great potential, MisterM! I look forward to seeing your next level. :)

MisterM likes this.
  8. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

Great level MisterM !
    But why the spine kill you when you touch them ? It will be more fun if Clony just hurts without diying :)

MisterM likes this.
  9. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

The spikes only kill you when you are small, when you are big, you die if you hit the spikes twice

Thank you :D, i am looking forward to creating more levels too ;) but should i make my levels have more " useless" parts? (parts that are not really intense, just to make a level longer)

Super zwerver likes this.
  10. FBI Light Rock

I think players need time to cool down after a nail bitting part of the level, so yes, it's a good idea to do that!

MisterM likes this.
  11. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

i made a versus level on my phone: Fan of doom
    just for fun, made it in 45 minutes.

but what does a star or an "!" mean at the corner of a level?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  12. FBI Light Rock

It just means YOU rated the level 5 stars. :)

13. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

and what means the: ! at the corner of a level?

14. FBI Light Rock

It means that the level has been updated and you haven't played the most updated version yet.

MisterM likes this.
  15. Super zwerver

Super zwerver Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  16. FBI Light Rock

This is a quality design level, just like my level Armed! Unfortunately, it does carry some of the same negative attributes of Armed, namely it only looks best on iOS (on android you get a lot of ?s due to some of the emojis being unrecognized in Android. Also, the falling rocks is a bit too hard to get through, and with very little checkpoints it gets a little frustrating.

But this is also a great example of good quality design! An excellent work! Seems like you worked on it for months! Heard you tease about it some time back.

Super zwerver likes this.
  17. Super zwerver

Thanks for the feedback! Yes i used the emoiis of ios. I have no idea how to fix the ? Emoiis for Android. And about the falling rocks, before that part is a secret to make it easier. There are 4 hidden powerups, if you can find them, it will be a lot easier to pass the difficult parts.

18. FBI Light Rock

I don't think it can be fixed. It's sad that the quality of my level Armed drops because of that too. :(

I think making more checkpoints could really help!

19. Super zwerver

Yes indeed. I really like your lvl Armed btw. It has a lot of universe and i is very well designed. The idea is also very cool, nobody have made a lvl like Armed, so well done (sry about my bad english)

20. Super zwerver

image.png Secrets are before the difficult parts. Like the faling rocks. To find this secret, i will give you a hint: after the flying clones, before the 2 mini pick-ups.

Attached Files: