Promote Your Levels Here!

Discussion in 'FROGMIND'S CHOICE & CONTESTS' started by Vicvic91, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Thank you so much! I'll have a level up over the next few days.

2. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

So, your system certainly works quite well for increasing the size of the saws. Unfortunately, I can't follow exactly how it works well enough to make it shrink when you lose clones, too. I want a level that will be challenging for clonesavers, but playable to anyone. What do I add to make them shrink?

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

I just realized too and added in the logic system for that too! Unfortunately, I dunno why is it uploaded as a new level...

Here's how the logic works:
    Screenshot_2015-12-12-03-30-33-compressed.jpg
    So Clone decrease is a little more complicated than simply using the False condition. This is because the False condition includes the case where there is NO CHANGE in the number of clones. Therefore, we need to set up yet another condition to negate the case where there is no change in the number of clones.

So you have 2 clones now:
    When you have gotten another clone, making it 3 clones, the value (The one that looks like 123, not the X+Y one) connected to the condition before getting the extra clone should be 3.

Now when you get that extra clone, the number of clones is now 3 - this matches the condition and True is returned. Thus the size of the saws increase.

However, when you didn't get any more clones, the False condition is as follows: Less than 3 clones, which is 2 clones or below. This would thus trigger off the False condition.

Thus, when the condition is False, you need to channel it to yet another condition: less than or equal to the current number of clones MINUS 1. The condition would be connected to the X+Y value on the lower beam in the screenshot. This value is the value just now, substract 1.

Now, when you have 2 clones, the 1st condition would be False, but when lead to the 2nd condition, which is (3-1) clones or more, it returns True. Here, since the number of clones is constant, True condition here does nothing. The False condition is when there is 1 clone or less (the less being of course impossible.:mrgreen:), which is what happens when you kill clones. Thus the False condition triggers the size decrease in the saws.

4. Aurum41k

Aurum41k New Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Vicvic91 and Miikka like this.
  5. Vicvic91

Vicvic91 Administrator Staff Member Frogmind

@FBI Light Rock @Hj326 :
    That's a really cool mecanism !
    But seems to be more fun if the saw is big when is only 1 clone and small when there is more clones.

That can be a cool way to make a secret way when you can get a number of clones :
    . In the original let's play with 1 clone this way is blocked (by saw, or rocks... or hexagons !)
    . If you can save X clones : the way is open to save more clones

Seems that you have a great idea here ! :)

6. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Sorry for being gone for so long. Thanks for helping me make that work. And Vivic: Yes, that would make clone saving easier. But, with this level (which I haven't yet named), the point is more of "how many clones do I need to lose to get the rest to safety?"

Vicvic91 likes this.
  7. Vicvic91

Great level here !

image.jpeg

8. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

CLONE SAWVER is up! The name is a combination of CLONE SAW and CLONE SAVER. It seemed only natural. I know that it's just a little buggy in that sometimes objects have larger hitboxes than the object itself is large, but I'm genuinely curious what scores those of us here can achieve on it. Also, I'm submitting it to Vivic's challenge.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Vicvic91 likes this.
  9. FBI Light Rock

Great level, but total rip-off!!! :mad::mad::mad:

How dare this f***er copy from the official Frogmind levels!!! And claim it as his own.

On a more serious note, didn't you realize this level is completely identical to Orbiting?

10. Vicvic91

Ahah ! I was thinking "I'm sure that I've already played this level, but I don't remember where" :(

11. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

I'm pushing the Chico button. What can you score on CLONE SAWVER? I got 13, I'm sure you can do better.

12. FBI Light Rock

I remembered getting 16 clones...slightly more would had been possible. Maybe up to 20? :)

Hj326 likes this.
  13. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

Check out the level "save clones !" , by CIPIC. It's fun.

14. FBI Light Rock

That's weird though, how did CIPIC make his superclone power up spawn without bugging out? I have tried using the emitter to emit all sorts of power ups when i first started out using the editor, but the power ups are either not visible at all, or appear gigantic.

Has that bug been fixed and is there some workaround?

15. Hj326

Hj326 Hypercloner

I have no clue how, but that actually is used in the second game.

16. Vicvic91

I get 19 ! :)

17. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

yuy, my first post is advertising.

i would like you to check out "sunscape" and give me some feedback.

this looks like a fun forum ;)

18. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

i would like to have some feedback on "sunscape".
    i mainly focussed on design, so it lacks good gameplay. this is my first level though, i know more now (thanks to the tutorial vids.)

Vicvic91 likes this.
  19. Vicvic91

It's a great level ! Good job MisterM !
    Your background is great, with details and many different parts.
    It's a fun-to-play level, it's possible to avoid some powerups to save more clones !

I can save 48 clones ! :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    MisterM likes this.
  20. MisterM

MisterM Elite Member

Glad you like it! I used a preset bg :P, but my next level will be made from scratch