What Else Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Wheat1328, Nov 24, 2013.

1. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Well that's true Wheat. :) But I would like to see the pretty 5 - ball combi on all my checkpoints first. Ball counts are a bit ambiguous since we get different sections on all 3 rooms so that will need a lot of hardcore playing, which I'm not sure whether I'm up for it. My only target now is the 5 - ball combi for all checkpoint. I'll see whether I'm hardworking enough to replay all the checkpoints to achieve your insane records after that. ;)

Urgh, I'm horribly stuck at Level 8 now! Can't get through the last room of Level 8 without crashing or missing crystals! Any advice how to tackle this madness? Unfortunately Level 9 I crashed just once at the last twisty part which ruined my 4 - ball combi for the Endless Mode...but I'll nail it soon! Still must nail Level 8 first though!

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

HAHAHAHA you guys are insane!

>>>>CLONE SAVING BRAINS<<<<

I've got 5 balls on all of the checkpoints already, which only leaves me my +13,000 score to achieve here before I'll be 100% content.

Do you know what the SMASH HIT hidden achievements are?

3. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

Yeah. Buy premium is one. Smash everything in the credits is the other.

4. Ben Thumbs

Cool, thanks!
    I picked up the premium version recently. I'd all but completed the game without it but felt a little dirty playing such an awesome game without sending a few dollars to the devs to say thanks. :mrgreen:

5. FBI Light Rock

Join me and Wheat in the new Smash Hit spreadsheet, Lunartic! We are feeling a bit lonely here now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Wheat1328

Made it to endless. I think 900+ is possible at the endless checkpoint but I tiring of this game so I didn't spend the extra hour or two to try and get THE best scores possible on the last 4-5 levels. So I'm at 887 on the endless CP. All that's left is to make my distance run.

Light Rock - I updated them in spreadsheet as well

7. Ben Thumbs

Hahaha no fricking way! I'm not grinding to save balls. :lol:
    I use all mine up and break as much stuff as I can, that's the best part of the game IMO. I love that part with all the spinning cubes, yeah SMASH SHIIT UP!!!

8. Wheat1328

Hey Light Rock, does endless mode reset you to one ball shots as you enter the 3rd room or is my game glitched somehow? No matter what it always takes me from 5-shot to 1 entering the third room

9. Ben Thumbs

Yep, same here. It SUCKS!

10. Wheat1328

Ugh! Welp, I'm done with this game then. Playing endless with one shot just sucks.

Final stats:
    946 peak shot
    16,720 distance
    455 streak

11. FBI Light Rock

Don't really know, sorry! Haven't even pass the dreaded Level 8 last room without crashing or missing crystals! Need help there! Any advice? Hitting the glass obstacles at point-blank and then quickly hitting the crystals after that is insane! Some obstacles also have unbreakable parts and I don't know how to pass them?

Did you miss a crystal? Btw, is the 2nd room the turny room? It's easy to miss a crystal in those kind of rooms. Might wanna try again perhaps?

Also, is it me or is it with more restarts you are likely to have a combi of different sections of more crystals? I retried the Start checkpoint many times, and realized the last few attempts before I was content with the score had more crystals to hit.

In addition, I figured out that the game prioritized ball count at each checkpoint rather than ball combi. That sucks! I was temporarily reset to single ball with a higher ball count at checkpoint 1! :(

12. FBI Light Rock

Haha that's true, Lunartic. We are supposed to play a game to enjoy it! Sometimes we play games to grind hard for the records, which makes us blind to the supposed true beauty of a game. Is that why you quit saving more clones for BADLAND too? ;)

13. Ben Thumbs

Nah just having a break, I haven't been playing SSG2 for ages either.
    So many other good games out at the moment!

I've been busy getting a bunch of promo stuff together for WHITE EMPRESS and I've also just started on the journey to attempt to learn code to build my own game.

Plus ad running my own business, a pregnant wife and 2 boys and my gaming time isn't half of what it has been. ;)

14. Ben Thumbs

Good news, it's a bug that I imagine will be fixed in the first update.

[​IMG]

15. Wheat1328

Nice find Lunartic! I guess I'll keep it around until then. Should be able to greatly increase my distance.

16. Ben Thumbs

[​IMG]

If you have any interest in following my progress (or the lack of progress and griping about how dumb I am), I'll be posting updates on Twitter every now and then under #Project68 :mrgreen:

EDIT: YIkes! Looks like the hash tag for Project68 is a well used one... Guess I'll try and run with #Project_68 instead.

17. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I'm having a relly good time with those lately

• Laser Hell
    • Unpossible
    • Duet Game
    • Sometimes You Die

18. Ben Thumbs

[​IMG]

If anyone would like to play an early test version (Mac or Windows) of my crazy game: "Destroy the Monkeys!" send an email to bluethumbsgaming@gmail.com
    Hopefully I'll be able to send out a build sometime this week. It's a vertically scrolling, instadeath, pew-pew-pew, space, shoot'em up with monkeys!

19. Ben Thumbs

Super Stickman Golf 2 is FREE at the moment for a limited time.
    If you don't know anything about it and/or don't like golf, don't let the golf part hold you back as it's by and large more of a physics puzzler than a golfing game. ;) I'm up to almost 700hrs worth of play in it.

20. Wheat1328

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks for the heads up - I'm downloading it now to at least try it out. I'm worried I might get sucked in if it's anything like Badland (Physics-puzzler type). Makes me kinda not want to open it. :lol: