What Else Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' started by Wheat1328, Nov 24, 2013.

1. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

Super Stickman Golf 2 is Amazing!!

2. Ben Thumbs

Ben Thumbs Clone Master Moderator

Yep and like BADLAND there's an incredible amount of depth to the game if you really want to get into it.

I've got every shot perfected and uploaded to my YouTube channel if you want to see what's possible. ;)

3. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

OMG, anyone still plays Smash Hit around here? They just updated about 3 days ago! Grab the new v1.2 now! It includes 2 whole new levels which amounts to 6 new rooms! These new levels are insane! They are anti-gravity rooms, so expect glass sheds and balls to fly everywhere!

The 1st room of the new Level 10 is already insane, with glass obstacles and crystals blocking laser beams. You have to decide whether to leave them both and smash 'em both. Also, the crystals now change to that of less value as you get closer. Originally 10, it decreases to 5 as you approach and finally just a measly 3 when you are very close to it. 2nd room...yikes! Ball combo ruiner! You go supersonic and speed through the level. But the worse is yet to come....there's a bunch of crystals cluttered in one passageway, making it so easy to lose your combo! That's not all to this madness...more is to come in the next 4 rooms, and I shall not spoil it here. ;) These guys at Mediocre are really quite a genius for designing these new levels.

4. Wheat1328

Wheat1328 Ultimate Survivor Moderator

I saw the update but haven't played it yet. I got up to 994 balls with the original levels. Kinda bummed they included the new levels with the old. I was hoping for maybe a couple new levels as part of an entirely new run. Kinda like how Day 2 is to Badland.

5. <|-|!<0

<|-|!<0 Dr. Doomsday

I've played then, and loved it! But it was kind of easy since i had almost 300 balls and with 5 balls at once....

But it's really hard to keep this up, so my endless mode is only one ball now, will never get my record of 13.000 again, but it's ok, i'm kind of tired of this game, i only play it so i can break things when i'm angry.

6. Ben Thumbs

Aside from that one section with the bunch of crystals, I thought the new levels were way too easy. There's large sections where you don't have to shoot balls at all etc. Once I worked out the timing to slow play just before the bunch of crystals, I flew through the rest and straight back to Mediocre status.

7. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Techno Fury Moderator Beta tester

Yeah, the new levels are quite a ***** with floating glass being thrown at you, the combination of glass obstacles and their laser counterparts (Hate the part with the lasers being blocked by the crystals!) and the supersonic madness. I finished with just slightly more balls than previously in Level 9 checkpoint, and can't make it to 5 ball combo. Would simply be happy to get the 5 ball combo at endless, since the "mysterious crystal" at the 3rd room of endless checkpoint has been fixed, we can now go really far so long we sustain the 5 ball combo!
    Yeap, there are sections you don't have to shoot at all. But it's those that need to. There's this part where there is an overhead laser being blocked by a moving glass obstacle. Sometimes that glass obstacles hits you, sometimes it doesn't. And the problem is you can't decide only at point blank range since breaking the glass obstacle isn't enough; the laser will still hit you. Also it's hard to hit those laser emitting glass that shines upon the crystals. They all are pretty difficult to hit...:(

8. Ben Thumbs

Anybody else playing DEXTRIS?
    It's a super little game!
    I'm currently trying to get past my psychological barrier of 78 points.
    If you haven't heard of it yet, check it out for sure.

9. Wheat1328

It's currently featured in the App Store "best new games" on the front page. Atleast in the US store.

I'm downloading castle storm and give that a try

10. n0phun

n0phun Master of Disaster Moderator

Yeah, that sounded interesting.
    No, no, no f... way I'll even look at it (1). My playtime in Badland will reach that, and I think that is a lot of time for playing. No need for another time sucker.

So the answer to the topic's question is easy: nothing. And I hope to keep up to it.

(1) I've gone to the App Store after reading your post, thinking 'you could download it, just to try it perhaps later. Downloading it doesn't mean you *have* to play it.' All rubbish, I stopped there.

11. Ben Thumbs

HAHAHA well I'm definitely an exception rather than the rule. I built a stand alone forum for SSG2, played heaps of Multiplayer, was running online tournaments for ages, recorded and uploaded the best possible shots for every hole almost 4 times each (no powerups, standard powerups, extra powerups, trick shots) and also spent a bunch of time grinding scores. If you just wanted to play through to Gold Star all of the courses and get all of the Achievements it wouldn't take anywhere near that many hours to do. Don't be scared, get swinging!

12. Wheat1328

One question about SSG2: how do I end a turn-based match if the other player isn't going?

Also, this game is pretty fun! I'd say there's a lot more depth and strategy to it than Badlands but I don't think I'll get that into it (but who knows). For now I'm just completing all the courses gold star, clean ball, and all bux. After that, we'll see.

Thanks for the heads up on the free download Lunartic - though it's such a great game I feel a little bad getting it for free

13. Ben Thumbs

It normally clears out after 72hrs of no action although I've had this go up past a week before. Annoying if you have limited amount of matches.

Yep, heaps of depth or not much at all depending on what you want to do.

No worries and if you feel so bad you could always pick up an IAP or two. If you think you will be playing single player for a while then the "Last Shot Power Indicator" and "XP Doubler" are must haves, or if you want to play more Turn Based Multiplayer obviously the "25 Simultaneous Matches" would be better.

14. Ben Thumbs

Oh and I'd offer to play some TB matches with you to send some Golf Bux your way but I'm completely burned out on SSG2 ATM. :?

15. Wheat1328

72 hrs! :shock: Do I atleast get a win if they don't play their shot?

I'm pretty much just playing that for the achievement right now. I think the race one is more fun. Trying to hurry and pull off shots you shouldn't. Feels so good to be way behind and then hit a ridiculous shot that no one saw coming to win the round just as they're trying to putt in a 2 footer. :lol:

16. Ben Thumbs

Only if the match is past Hole 5 AFAIK.

Yeah, race mode is great but unfortunately when you get really good at this game and you're playing against people who are also really good, the (non-host) lag that comes with it is infuriating.

e.g. 3 - 2 - 1.... You Lose!

17. Ben Thumbs

Have you checked out the free game Flappy Golf (or Golfy Bird on Android) yet?

It's Noodlecake's SSG2 / Flappy Bird mashup they made for the FLAPPY-JAM and the multiplayer for that is even more insane/fun than standard SSG2!

18. Wheat1328

Another SSG2 question on the Badland Forum.... :? :lol:

Do all the course specific achievements need to be done without powerups? I got Deep Impact and Sticky Fingers using powerups and undo's but I didn't get the achievement. I know some of them say "without using powerups" but those two don't.

19. Ben Thumbs

Sticky Fingers says "without Powerups" and any of the ones that say "without touching the green" are super sensitive! Even slightly grazing the cup edge will fail the attempt. ;)

20. Wheat1328

Oh your right. In GC it doesn't say w/o powerups but in-game it does.

Guess I'll keep trying on Deep Impact. I'm using the magnet, should I not?